Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 822232425262728293031323334485878 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #406
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm starting to think people know this...deep down.

    I think that they just can't get over their love of a flawed coach leaving. How can they be so blind to the true reasons of why we are losing? Putting all the blame on one particular player will only expose their envy and the fact that they are not really watching the games...smh

  2. #407
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Learn how to analyze the game properly before making such stupid comments. I refer you to:

    PLEASE READ AND PAY ATTENTION!

    You are the stupid ass. Stop making excuses for ISO Melo. He wants the offense to go thru him. Sometime he brings the ball up court and iso then shoot the ball. He is a selfish loser...nothing more. There were many time last night where he just decided to play hero (iso). There are open people but he wants to be a hero.

  3. #408
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CalBunny
    You are the stupid ass. Stop making excuses for ISO Melo. He wants the offense to go thru him. Sometime he brings the ball up court and iso then shoot the ball. He is a selfish loser...nothing more. There were many time last night where he just decided to play hero (iso). There are open people but he wants to be a hero.
    I don't know if this is the case.

    Woodson was notorious for Joe Johnson Iso Ball in Atlanta. He's brought the same offense into NY.

  4. #409
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hes just out of shape. He can't play offense and defense in the same game... If he puts any energy AT ALL into playing defense and rebounding.. he just chucks unbalanced shots and nothing goes in..

    If hes playing well on offense he doesn't get back, plays slow lazy and clueless on defense.

    In the end either way Melo doesn't help. Him playing one end of the floor is canceled out by how poorly he is going to play on the other

    Trade him and State, I don't even care.

  5. #410
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I don't know if this is the case.

    Woodson was notorious for Joe Johnson Iso Ball in Atlanta. He's brought the same offense into NY.

    Woodson should be let go as well. He allows Melo and Jr to play ISO ball and chunking up 40 shots by themselves. WTF is he thinking...oh yeah...he doesn't have a brain.

  6. #411
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CalBunny
    Woodson should be let go as well. He allows Melo and Jr to play ISO ball and chunking up 40 shots by themselves. WTF is he thinking...oh yeah...he doesn't have a brain.

  7. #412
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

    You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.
    I don't understand your NBA 2K argument, mostly because I played the game maybe once in my entire life and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

    But, going back to another excuse you made. Carmelo together with Smith made 41 attempts in G3 while rest of the crew took just 28 shots. You can't complain about your supporting cast not delivering if you denied them the ball. Period. Woody's decided to rely on our franchise player which is an obvious choice and Melo's failed, stop making excuses that don't make any sense.
    Last edited by Weissenberg; May 04, 2012 at 15:43.

  8. #413
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I assume you're talking about Smith. If you don't know why then you don't understand the players on the team and the options we were left with due to injuries.
    Bench players are not supposed to attempt 18 shots, unless they are on fire. 5-18 is unacceptable.

  9. #414
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by CalBunny
    You are the stupid ass. Stop making excuses for ISO Melo. He wants the offense to go thru him. Sometime he brings the ball up court and iso then shoot the ball. He is a selfish loser...nothing more. There were many time last night where he just decided to play hero (iso). There are open people but he wants to be a hero.
    I can't believe even after I posted a good read for you to understand the teams' difficulties you still don't get it. I now know that you just have a personal issue with Melo and its useless at this point.

    I mean you can't even logically express yourself with true basketball analysis. all you're doing is calling him names. LOL (fairweatherfans)

  10. #415
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Bench players are not supposed to attempt 18 shots, unless they are on fire. 5-18 is unacceptable.
    Lou Williams, Ben Gordon, James Harden have all taken 15+ shots off the bench numerous times.

    What's your point? It happens sometimes when needed.

  11. #416
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I don't understand your NBA 2K argument, mostly because I played the game maybe once in my entire life and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

    But, going back to another excuse you made. Carmelo together with Smith made 41 attempts in G3 while rest of the crew took just 28 shots. You can't complain about your supporting cast not delivering if you denied them the ball. Period. Woody's decided to rely on our franchise player which is an obvious choice and Melo's failed, stop making excuses that don't make any sense.
    Melo was denying the ball to his teammates? I think either A you dont watch the games or b. Just blinded with melo hate..So let me get this staright youd rather Melo pass to contested novak, who can shed a defender to save his life? Oh no he should pass it to the sharpshooter Landry fields. Or nO he should try to force it into Chandler(which he tried numerous times). Or do we just let one of the most devastating scorers in the game try and get his own shot. MIAMI PLAYS FANTASTIC DEFENSE. MIAMI IS BETTER THEN US RIGHT NOW. They are giving melo his shots while denying the ball elsewhere. Melo can not beat Wade,Bosh, and Lebitch by himself. JVG said it earlier in the year, everyone LOVES to BLAME Melo when he shoots 25 times a game and loses. But when they win...they call him the one of the greatest scorers in the game. Hes the only scorer in history to get so much **** for shooting the ball....

  12. #417
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I don't understand your NBA 2K argument, mostly because I played the game maybe once in my entire life and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

    But, going back to another excuse you made. Carmelo together with Smith made 41 attempts in G3 while rest of the crew took just 28 shots. You can't complain about your supporting cast not delivering if you denied them the ball. Period. Woody's decided to rely on our franchise player which is an obvious choice and Melo's failed, stop making excuses that don't make any sense.
    Melo and JR were the only ones who could get their own shots off, Novak, Fields, Bibby, Chandler, Jorts all need to be set up and when they were they all missed, so whats your point

  13. #418
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo and JR were the only ones who could get their own shots off, Novak, Fields, Bibby, Chandler, Jorts all need to be set up and when they were they all missed, so whats your point

    Melo and Jr took way too many contested shots. Just give up the ball. If your teammate can't get a shot, the ball will come back to you. You can't set up Novak, Chandler, Fields etc etc if you have no intention to give up your shot. Woodson allow JR and Carmelo to run the game while the rest of the team stand and watch.

    Carmelo, JR and Woodson are all held accountable to the 3 lost. These 3 just have no clue how to win games. The excuses for MELO is just plain stupid. He sucked when we needed him, no excuses please.

  14. #419
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

    To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

    Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.

  15. #420
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I might as well start copying and pasting my responses in all these Melo & Stat threads lol. Why cant we talk about something else and sticky the Carmelo and Amare stuff

    To tell you the truth, if you dont like Carmelo or Stoudemire oh well just deal with it most likely they will be here for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. Im not so sure about Amare but Carmelo for sure ain't going nowhere just like JERMEY LIN for SURE aint going nowhere. These are DOLAN'S MONEY BOYS

    Live with it, Accept it, And prepare for next season.
    Agree! But some of the fans need to vent out the steam for losing 3 straight and well on our way getting swept. We all held high hope thru this chaotic season and to end up getting totally embarrassed.....it's a hard pill to swallow.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •