Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 91933343536373839404142434445596989 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    If we go 37 and 45 he won't get traded he'll just opt out and sign somewhere else. So without melo next year how do you plan on being competitive next year? Oh you accept rebuilding, so how do we get draft picks to rebuild please explain

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    competitive?

Being a treadmill team isn't competitive.

Indian Pacers are competitive, they actually challenged and almost bumped Miami out of the playoffs.

Why should we give up our value in the future for a treadmill team status? 3-5 seed but not a real contender against Miami.

We have a nice team, a team that can win games and look good in the regular season.

But can you honestly look throughout this roster and say it's enough to get by the Heat?

Indiana Pacers use to be a treadmill team, but they have two big time prospects in Hibbert and George who are now all stars, very dynamic...all NBA defenders who can pass well from their position and score when they need to.

We don't have that.

We have Amare, Chandler, World Peace, Martin, Anthony, Felton, Prigioni and JR Smith..most of these guys been pro for over 10 years already. The time is now, not later. Theres nothing to gain from here IMO if we continue to "competitive" it's fake, not productive as a franchise.

I rather us be competitive with a promising future, not a dead future.

Veteran

Thumbs up Cant Wait

BYE
    Ball-Hogger

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
    You can pretty much say this about any star player who has never won a championship. To single out Melo is ridiculous. Kevin Garnett made close to a 190M with the Wolves and never sniffed a championship. Every star player whether they win championships or not is going to get paid the same amount of money. That's the way the CBA works.

Melo has never been as GREAT as Kevin Garnett on a Basketball court ....
    The KG Wolves went 10 years without a draft-pick .. the Wolves havnt seen playoff since KG

Am I the only one on here that wants him gone? I said it when we traded for him that it was a huge mistake and guess what it was.The guy has done NOTHING since he got here and will do nothing for the rest of his career.Yes he has all the talent in the world but whats talent worth when you don't win any rings? He plays no defense,plays no team ball, and shoots way to much for this team to even think about having chemistry on the court. This team would have been better if we kept the players we had before the trade with all of our draft picks. I for one cannot wait till he leaves New York.

Yup, it's Carmelo's fault. Had nothing to due with injuries on this team. Let's not forget he's gonna be retiring soon. We should trade him for Derek Fisher since he knows how to win.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

If Melo goes in 2014, I want good prospects in return. Kinda like what Denver got.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If Melo goes in 2014, I want good prospects in return. Kinda like what Denver got.

We will never get close what Denver got for him for multiple reasons. I'm hoping at least 2 picks(1st no protection) and a young player.

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Am I the only one on here that wants him gone? I said it when we traded for him that it was a huge mistake and guess what it was.The guy has done NOTHING since he got here and will do nothing for the rest of his career.Yes he has all the talent in the world but whats talent worth when you don't win any rings? He plays no defense,plays no team ball, and shoots way to much for this team to even think about having chemistry on the court. This team would have been better if we kept the players we had before the trade with all of our draft picks. I for one cannot wait till he leaves New York.

I too .. wanted to stay far from the chaotic Melo-Trade (he wanted out of a team that took him to the conference-finals).

Metro .. was right in his comment on Knicks could not afford to give Melo such a high salary extended contract at that age (a couple of season injuries), while having NO draft picks to build around him. We will have to depend on the FA market throughout Melo's new contract. Plus Melo's career had several All-Star teammates that Melo's style of play could never mesh or gell with for 10 straight years. Melo is a high scoring lockerroom cancer.

Surprise suprise .. we could determine if Melo is a KEEPER a week before the 2014 February trading-deadline, by what our record look like. Injuries doesnt matter .. If our record dont look like a contender teams record then TRADE-TRADE-TRADE Melo quickly in February.
    Surprise suprise Melo!!!

Lol

I want melo to stay until he retires so this guy kiya will be hating for years to come.

Melo fo'evah.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Since Melo arrived we won a division title and advanced past the first round for the first time in over a decade. He could do more, but to say he's done nothing is lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Didn't read the whole thread but Melo isn't going anywhere. He just wants the attention and the spotlight.

Default Knicks MELO 125mln offer

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5 years 125mln how many % of that will be Tax? he will be 30 next year

any point of leaving Knicks for Lakers 4 complete rebuilding team with Dantoni?

James dont wana to b in LA Wade has already 3 titles

Goodbye Melo

Great player but not a team player.

We are going nowhere with Melo. Why would we give him 5 year $125 mil contract? Oh yeah, we are the Knicks....

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Since Melo arrived we won a division title and advanced past the first round for the first time in over a decade. He could do more, but to say he's done nothing is lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Did winning the division and getting past the 1st round with melo bring us any championships? No! Anybody can win a division or get past a 1st round but you nead a team that plays TEAM BALL to win championships. Melo means No championships!!