Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
This is still Team Melo, but the best for Melo and the best for New York should be respected.
If the Knicks want to waste Melo's time
and not build a roster or have a coach who will play guy's minutes who deserve it (Prigioni), then Melo would be better off on a team who could use his talents and Knicks would be better off getting as much value as they can for Melo because the Knicks need it. Our future is dark, no draft picks, not even much second round picks. Grunfield is a crap GM and gutted this roster out completely.

Your post sounds like you are considering the overrated Ball-stopper's interests more than the Knick's interest

We are not going anywhere with Melo, trade him for someone who can lead the offense

metrocard

Legend
Your post sounds like you are considering the overrated Ball-stopper's interests more than the Knick's interest

We are not going anywhere with Melo, trade him for someone who can lead the offense

Like Derrick Rose?

15 ppg
4.5 assist
3.5 turnovers
0.4 steals
33% FG shooting

...his per is 9 currently.

This guy takes a decade off basketball and comes back as a scrub.

But you're calling Melo overrated?

LOL

tiger0330

Legend
Might be a blessing in disguise if he doesn't sign with the Knicks. How many guys have signed a 5 yr. max contract when they're 30 and have been worth the money? Maybe the Knicks would be better off signing a couple of very good players to 4 year 10M deals for 80M like Paul Milsap and Al Jefferson rather than gambling on Melo.

nyk_nyk

All Star
why would anyone trade for Melo when they can just make a run at him during the offseason when he's an unrestricted free agent??

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie Walsh & Grunwald sold our future of being a 2nd to 3rd round postseason team for at least 5 straight seasons ..
their F-up decision making have Dolan putting on the trading G.M. cap to put us deeper in a hole.
Our number-1 priority in the next month should be trading ISO-Melo to the highest bidder with draft picks.

Signing Amare for $100M contract was the SAVIOUR of the DUM 2010 Plan of TANKING 2 seasons.
Trading Fan-Favorite David Lee was Walsh idea.
Making ISO-Melo a Knicks was owner Dolan's idea.
Resigning Jeremy Lin & Novak was the majority of Knicks fans idea.

Adding ISO-Melo to a striipped rebuilding team with only one starter (Amare), only cause ego-controversy to all the low-price players to decide which star ego player to follow. The low-price players couldnt look towards the HC, bc Dantoni was in a deep trauma of his GOD son being traded to Denver.

ISO-Melo is only a contender when Melo is on a team that could win without him in the rotation.
Any team that needs ISO-Melo on the court for more than 32 minutes per game is not a contender team.

Melo flaws as a Knicks are always being the last player back on defense, never screening, never boxing-out, and never running on a fastbreak, always demanding to slowdown the offense so he gets a touch of the ball on practically every offensive possession to hold the ball or dribble the ball throughout the shot clock.
Ten years in the NBA doing the samething consistently with no change, oponents dont need a scouting report on ISO-Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
why would anyone trade for Melo when they can just make a run at him during the offseason when he's an unrestricted free agent??

to get unwanted contract players off their team, plus to ballance their salary-cap for Melo's high wages.
Bobcats owner MJ need Melo's scoring, I just dont see MJ giving Melo a penny above $15M per. as a FA.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Like Derrick Rose?

15 ppg
4.5 assist
3.5 turnovers
0.4 steals
33% FG shooting

...his per is 9 currently.

This guy takes a decade off basketball and comes back as a scrub.

But you're calling Melo overrated?

LOL

He came back from a serious injury. He's still a much better player than Melo. Points aren't everything; if you take 40 shots to get 30 points, that's actually worse for your team than just scoring 15 ppt and playing defense. And the Bulls have a different offense where Rose isn't the sole actor for his offense anymore. And why is Rose suddenly in this discussion?

Broadway

All Star

Yeah its' pretty bad but he's not the only one. Unfortunately what this trade has done....not only in absolutely destroying out future but it turned many Knick fans into Melo fans primarily. I don't think many Knick fans care as long as you don't blame Melo and give him something better.

It's really quite sad. That's why you see stuff like "Melo Mafia"......"Team Melo"...."Melo's Teams Have Always Failed Him" blah blah blah

Knicks need to do what's best for the Knicks because even after everyone is long gone the Knicks are a brand that can last generation after generation figuratively speaking.

clumsy

Rotation player
I would trade Melo to any team for draft picks, even if it meant doing Melo dirty. This is not because i hate Melo, but because it's clear our screwed up cap situation means that we cannot win while he's under contract here. There are certain teams that refuse to Tank. One intriguing one is the Milwaukee Bucks....i would definitely trade him there.

Carmelo and Ray Felton for Irsan Ilyasova, Butler and Ridnour expiring, and the prospect Giannis Antetokumpbo and a 1st rounder.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I swear most knicks fans are so panicky and can't go a day without needing to place blame for something. Why in God's name are we still talking about trades that happened 2-3 years ago?? It happened. Get over it. Was it a big deal when the team was off to 50+ wins last season?

As a die hard Knick fan, i'll be the first to tell you that this team is horrible right now, but its not the end of the season. When Tyson gets back and the team can play with their full squad for more than 10 games and build some chemistry, then lets see where we're at. If Melo does deceide to leave, it will be because he knows JR Smith is not the sidekick he needs... no different from in Denver. I still say this team is good enough to duplicate what they did last season but Woody needs to have a fixed rotation, Felton needs to be himself (I know he's just average but that'll be better than what he's been so far), Tyson needs to come back strong, JR needs to stay a bench player, Amare needs to accept the end of the bench, and Tyler needs to be this years Copeland.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This thread is a breeding ground for stupidity.

To answer the question at hand, which many of you clowns havent done, is it depends on what the Knicks do.

In my opinion, our win/loss doesnt matter this year but what we do at the trade deadline does. If we give Melo a piece that he finds worthy he might listen to our offseason plan but if we're not supplying him pieces that play to his strengths then I find no reason for him to stay.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Don't care we're not looking to pay any one of those lost causes $25-30/yr for the next 5yrs.

Got anything else Melo Stan?

So what I'm getting here is, you dont care how DOG**** the other players are, you just care if Melo can beat a team 1v5? got it.

metrocard

Legend

This hurt my soul.
I'm just praying an NBA team would be desperate.
I'd hate to see Melo leave New York and we get nothing in return.

metrocard

Legend
He came back from a serious injury. He's still a much better player than Melo. Points aren't everything; if you take 40 shots to get 30 points, that's actually worse for your team than just scoring 15 ppt and playing defense. And the Bulls have a different offense where Rose isn't the sole actor for his offense anymore. And why is Rose suddenly in this discussion?

Rose had the longest recovery time in NBA history...and he's a low tier PG right now.

He's not better than Melo and Melo is playing with an unhealed shoulder.

Bulls offense averages 94 points a game, 24th in the NBA.

How's that "different" Bulls offense working out for them?

Before you call Melo overrated, check your favorite player who blows the word overrated out the water. He'll probably get injured again and end his career like Brandon Roy. He has those glass knees and ankles.

metrocard

Legend
I swear most knicks fans are so panicky and can't go a day without needing to place blame for something. Why in God's name are we still talking about trades that happened 2-3 years ago?? It happened. Get over it. Was it a big deal when the team was off to 50+ wins last season?

As a die hard Knick fan, i'll be the first to tell you that this team is horrible right now, but its not the end of the season. When Tyson gets back and the team can play with their full squad for more than 10 games and build some chemistry, then lets see where we're at. If Melo does deceide to leave, it will be because he knows JR Smith is not the sidekick he needs... no different from in Denver. I still say this team is good enough to duplicate what they did last season but Woody needs to have a fixed rotation, Felton needs to be himself (I know he's just average but that'll be better than what he's been so far), Tyson needs to come back strong, JR needs to stay a bench player, Amare needs to accept the end of the bench, and Tyler needs to be this years Copeland.

The season is over.

Chandler isn't what he was two seasons ago.
Why would you expect Chandler to contribute right away as a DPOY caliber player after an injury that he's suffered many times in his career?
If Chandler doesn't come back to DPOY caliber form, then this season is done.

We have no interior defender on this team but you're talking about Jeremy Tyler being this years Copeland...scoring isn't even a problem right now.

Our offense is trash because of poor PG play and too much isolation. We don't have any legit 3pt shooters, just streaky shooters like Bargnani, Smith, Melo and low quality streaky shooters like Felton and Hardaway Jr.

So Knicks become a playoff team if JR Smith hits the bench, Amare who's publically admitted he wants more minutes to accept the role as a 10th men and Tyson Chandler comes back to what he was two seasons ago...

Keep dreaming.

Also make a wish for Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd to quit their coaching jobs, put on a uniform and sign with the Knicks if you want last season results.

Too much dreaming, not enough planning and preparing for what may go down this summer in 2015.

If you can't see this team is done now, don't come here in April crying about how you were wrong.

metrocard

Legend
Don't care we're not looking to pay any one of those lost causes $25-30/yr for the next 5yrs.

Got anything else Melo Stan?

So the guys around Melo can play horrible ball but that won't matter to you, it's all about Melo dominating 1 vs 5 and him doing everything possible for New York.

I guarantee youpiss your pants just thinking about Melo on a good roster and how very little you'll have to complain about. You're projecting other players failure into Melo. It's getting boring now.