Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
now or later... do u really think that he is the answer???.. or that he is an upgrade over the Pillsbury dough boy, or gas-relief??
THE answer? No. Would he improve this team a lot? Yes. What would help this team even more? A new and good coach.

People underrate Prigioni so much it's ridiculous. You really think one player aside from LeBron is gonna help this team enormously in this situation? Whether you like Melo or not, I doubt anybody predicted this incredibly bad start. I haven't see Durant much lately, but I have a feeling if you put him in Melo's place this team wouldn't be much better. Chris Paul? He isn't consistently aggressive when he doesn't get a lot of help, so don't bet on him being the answer.

This organization is horrible.

Kiyaman

Legend
I haven't seen any Knick Fan place all blame on Melo, not one. This is a fabrication straw man argument created by a "TEAM CAMP" in order to detract and/or deter any blame being heaped his way. If we win he gets glory, therefore when we lose he has to take on the same. Not to go unnoticed I've seen fans disgusted with many different players on this team at different times for different reasons. I didn't see any "TEAM TYSON" threads when he went down and we were defensively awful. I didn't see any "TEAM RETURN OF AMARE" threads as he managed to fight back from a minutes restriction. Just because you're the most popular or the team's best player doesn't mean you're exempt from criticism or blame.

Did you read up on the Cleveland Cavalier Kyrie Irving coaching situation that has developed over the past couple seasons? I encourage you to read up on the recent news concerning this and how an organization should handle situations like these when the team isn't getting results it should out of everyone. And the mentality/philosophy should filter down to the fan base. Everyone is accountable no matter who your name is or credentials are.

Nevertheless Melo is part of our problem and let me tell you why?."He doesn't provide solutions"?Matter of fact he largely prohibits them unless we move him. It's too difficult to figure out what's believed to be the best formula to achieve peak winning results around/with him. I don't want to hear mythical discussions that "Melo could be the 2nd best player on a good team if he had so and so or if he played for so and so." Sorry undocumented and not proven! Also how many players could this be said about in this league? I would say quite a few if we take it at face value.

Trying to catch the 2008-2009 Nugget team or the 2000-2001 Sixers team in a bottle just isn't realistic. Melo doesn't have many prime yrs left, his salary is going to continue to balloon. We have all the signs telling us the right course of action to take. I'm not concerned how well his character and persona... is maintained across the Knick fan base or his personal well being nor should anyone else. Melo is fine, he's going to be alright whether he loses 1million games as a Knick in blowout fashion or is no longer a Knick?... trust he's not thinking about your emotionally iron clad message board defense cases in his favor. It's not lining his or your pockets or improving either quality of life.

These CRUSADES need to stop

THE END!!!!!!!!

Also the truth .... u cant take all the glory of every win, and not be accountable for the losses

metrocard

Legend
3G, you're complicating yourself by oversimplifying things.

If Melo plays a good game (which is 80-90% of the time), he contributes to even keeping the Knicks in the game. Most of the times the W's are because of great team defense and Melo hitting his shots.

If we lose and Melo still plays a good game, it isn't Melo's fault. The team didn't show up.
If Melo scores 35+ points and grabs over 10 rebounds but you're going to come up with the theory that Melo was the problem for the loss then you're not a person of logic.

Tyson has sucked since January. He got exposed in the playoffs and he's been injury prone the entire year of 2013. Tyson doesn't deserve a thread.

It's funny how you'll easily bend over for Amare who has damage this franchise as bad as Eddy Curry, but you won't give Melo any props, the guy who lead the Knicks to their best season since 96-97 where the Knicks won 57 games. Melo finished 3rd in MVP votes by playing a new position so guys like Novak, Shumpert can get minutes.

If you play a good game, you're exempt from any blame. Just because the team loss makes it the best players fault. If that was the case, Chris Paul and Pre-Miami Heat LeBron James would be consider problems to their teams in the past who struggled to win a championship.

It's just a false logic that will never work if you're trying to make sense of the whole Melo situation.

I haven't seen any Knick Fan place all blame on Melo, not one. This is a fabrication straw man argument created by a "TEAM CAMP" in order to detract and/or deter any blame being heaped his way. If we win he gets glory, therefore when we lose he has to take on the same. Not to go unnoticed I've seen fans disgusted with many different players on this team at different times for different reasons. I didn't see any "TEAM TYSON" threads when he went down and we were defensively awful. I didn't see any "TEAM RETURN OF AMARE" threads as he managed to fight back from a minutes restriction. Just because you're the most popular or the team's best player doesn't mean you're exempt from criticism or blame.

Kiyaman

Legend
THE answer? No. Would he improve this team a lot? Yes. What would help this team even more? A new and good coach.

People underrate Prigioni so much it's ridiculous. You really think one player aside from LeBron is gonna help this team enormously in this situation? Whether you like Melo or not, I doubt anybody predicted this incredibly bad start. I haven't see Durant much lately, but I have a feeling if you put him in Melo's place this team wouldn't be much better. Chris Paul? He isn't consistently aggressive when he doesn't get a lot of help, so don't bet on him being the answer.
This organization is horrible.

The reason we all thought the Knicks wouldve been a plus .500 team this season bc we thought Mike Woodson would have learn something from lastseason mistakes ..
We all learn at the end of lastseason, and in the postseason games that "Prigioni & Felton" are decent backcourt starters together.
The most important question still lies ....
why is Bargani a starter over Stat, K-Mart, and MWP???

All the veteran-players we have on our roster makes us a 2 unit team, using a 11 man rotation.
That cant happen when the coach give Melo 41 min, Felton 36 min, JR 33 min, Tyson 32 min, Barg 30 min, Shump 29 min, that's 6 non-gellin players with no team-chemistry on either side of the court taking the majority of the minutes in a game.
The short spot-minutes Beno, Prig, MWP, Stat, K-Mart, and rookie THJ been receiving this season in a different lineup each game is pityful coaching.

Lets be serious .. Melo's team-ballin was never as high as Durant.
Durant instead of Melo would have our record 21-9 with injuries included ..
Durant's a all team player who shared the ball equally with Westbrook & Harden to earn trips to the WCF, and the FINALS.

metrocard

Legend
Its not Melo fault we are a LOTTERY TEAM .. Bullshiiiiii
why would a Knicks Fan LIE to themselves, knowing ISO-Melo takes 8 of the final 10 shots of each game.
LMAO

We were a ISO LOTTERY TEAM in the 2011-12 season, untill a D.League product put us together to make the playoffs.

There's no such thing as "Team-Melo" .... The Denver Nuggets proved in 8 seasons u can not build around Carmelo-Anthony.
u can add Melo as a piece to a winning team.

The Denver Nuggets never the playoffs with Melo, even when Melo was a rookie...so you hold no argument.

Became first NBA rookie to lead a playoff team in scoring since Spurs' David Robinson...the fact you're trying to act like Melo is a scrub is hilarious.

He's a top 10 player no question.

We currently don't even have a top 100 player on this team beyond Melo, Chandler would be there but he's injury prone and non existent.

Stop this mindless hate.

Broadway

All Star

If Melo plays a good game (which is 80-90% of the time), he contributes to even keeping the Knicks in the game. Most of the times the W's are because of great team defense and Melo hitting his shots.

If we lose and Melo still plays a good game, it isn't Melo's fault. The team didn't show up.
If Melo scores 35+ points and grabs over 10 rebounds but you're going to come up with the theory that Melo was the problem for the loss then you're not a person of logic.

Tyson has sucked since January. He got exposed in the playoffs and he's been injury prone the entire year of 2013. Tyson doesn't deserve a thread.

It's funny how you'll easily bend over for Amare who has damage this franchise as bad as Eddy Curry, but you won't give Melo any props, the guy who lead the Knicks to their best season since 96-97 where the Knicks won 57 games. Melo finished 3rd in MVP votes by playing a new position so guys like Novak, Shumpert can get minutes.

If you play a good game, you're exempt from any blame. Just because the team loss makes it the best players fault. If that was the case, Chris Paul and Pre-Miami Heat LeBron James would be consider problems to their teams in the past who struggled to win a championship.

It's just a false logic that will never work if you're trying to make sense of the whole Melo situation.

I do not bend over for Amar'e that's a flat out lie….Amar'e is trash. Matter of fact I said we never should have signed him and that Steve Kerr and the Suns were dead on the money. He was a 2010 save face free agent EPIC fail signing. I don't like Amar'e at all. I feel he sold the young core out prior to the Melo trade when the rumors were running rampant saying in the media "They need to suck it up"…although Melo chased Lin out via free agency at least he did publicly show support for Shump this year as trade rumors have once again reared their ugly head.

I used the "TEAM NAME" examples of lack of threads created to show the hypocrisy/agendas and how the acquisition of Melo has nearly created…."Melo fans first"….."Knick fans second"….otherwise we'd witness more defense cases for other players but we don't and we won't.

Melo hasn't played good this year at an 80-90% clip and actually hasn't his whole time being here. The numbers back that up. Maybe closer to 60% if that. For crying out loud this year alone…..

he's had 11gms where he shot below 40% at a very high usage rate…..he's only played 27gms do the math

That's nowhere close to playing a good game 80-90%. But if no one strip searches your posts you'd be allowed to rob so many blind of truth. Trust you don't what to run numbers from other previous seasons it would be another "Melo Camp" embarrassment. Go ahead and choke on the 54 fools gold win season, trying to attribute all the credit to him. Those who have been consistently checking the pulse of this team since 2011 knows the true health and condition of this team. We've had a disease since day 1….went in remission…. and has resurfaced to the point we're almost near coma.

Heck Joe Johnson(more well rounded player when there) produced 50 win seasons in ATL and no one took that team seriously and guess what no one has really taken us seriously since the acquisition of Melo. We didn't make the trade we did for Melo, Amnesty Billups for Tyson, and spend 2yrs in futility on Amar'e so we could GOLF CLAP a 54win season. You have low standards mine are nowhere close to yours. As fas as the sunrise is from the sunset...is how far apart we see things and what we want to see Top to Bottom.

It's statements like that(Melo plays good games 80-90% of the time), which causes this dichotomy of chaos and minion propaganda. Let's deal with facts, instead of worrying if someone is oversimplifying. How about you stop GLOSSIFYING and GLORIFYING.

You're looking for a "Hero" to venerate…I'm looking for a "Team" to appreciate….Major Major Major Galatic difference.

It's quite obvious there is an undying passion of many fans on forums across the internet to go through extensive levels to defend their Binkie Melo. He doesn't care about you, your family, nor your friends. He doesn't send you personal letters of encouragement, he's not financially taking care of you. For all the positive anyone feels he's brought to this franchise he's brought as much negative. I want the Knicks to succeed, if it can be with Melo that's fine but not realistic to expect after a player has played 12 seasons and needs to do a complete 180 in how he approaches and dedicates himself to the game. Unfortunately but not surprisingly Melo's been a Denver failure here in New York and this is after getting away from the supposed San Antonio Spurs curse.

I don't care what Melo did as a High School All-American

I don't care what Melo did in Syracuse

I don't care what Melo did as a rookie in Denver

I don't care what Melo did consecutive yrs of post season bids for Denver

I don't care what Melo did in the Olympics

I don't care if Melo has won a scoring title

I don't care if Melo was on a 54 win team or how many 50 win teams he's been on

I only care if Melo will help the Knicks achieve peak success and not stifle/hinder it, nor put us in a horrible position going forward prior to and when his playing days are over.

So my main desire at this point(although unlikely which I understand) is to blowtorch (starting with your Man Candy Melo) everything here, possibly retaining 1 spoil in THJR.

It'll sink in one day, I won't lose hope in you

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star

This...(the sky must be falling longtime posters ya feel me):)

metrocard

Legend
I do not bend over for Amar'e that's a flat out lie….Amar'e is trash. Matter of fact I said we never should have signed him and that Steve Kerr and the Suns were dead on the money. He was a 2010 save face free agent EPIC fail signing. I don't like Amar'e at all. I feel he sold the young core out prior to the Melo trade when the rumors were running rampant saying in the media "They need to suck it up"…although Melo chased Lin out via free agency at least he did publicly show support for Shump this year as trade rumors have once again reared their ugly head.

I used the "TEAM NAME" examples of lack of threads created to show the hypocrisy/agendas and how the acquisition of Melo has nearly created…."Melo fans first"….."Knick fans second"….otherwise we'd witness more defense cases for other players but we don't and we won't.

Melo hasn't played good this year at an 80-90% clip and actually hasn't his whole time being here. The numbers back that up. Maybe closer to 60% if that. For crying out loud this year alone…..

he's had 11gms where he shot below 40% at a very high usage rate…..he's only played 27gms do the math

That's nowhere close to playing a good game 80-90%. But if no one strip searches your posts you'd be allowed to rob so many blind of truth. Trust you don't what to run numbers from other previous seasons it would be another "Melo Camp" embarrassment. Go ahead and choke on the 54 fools gold win season, trying to attribute all the credit to him. Those who have been consistently checking the pulse of this team since 2011 knows the true health and condition of this team. We've had a disease since day 1….went in remission…. and has resurfaced to the point we're almost near coma.

Heck Joe Johnson(more well rounded player when there) produced 50 win seasons in ATL and no one took that team seriously and guess what no one has really taken us seriously since the acquisition of Melo. We didn't make the trade we did for Melo, Amnesty Billups for Tyson, and spend 2yrs in futility on Amar'e so we could GOLF CLAP a 54win season. You have low standards mine are nowhere close to yours. As fas as the sunrise is from the sunset...is how far apart we see things and what we want to see Top to Bottom.

It's statements like that(Melo plays good games 80-90% of the time), which causes this dichotomy of chaos and minion propaganda. Let's deal with facts and instead of worrying if someone is oversimplifying. How about you stop GLOSSIFYING AND GLORIFYING.

You're looking for a "Hero" to venerate…I'm looking for a "Team" to appreciate….Major Major Major Galatic difference.

It's quite obvious there is an undying passion of many fans on forums across the internet to go through extensive levels to defend their Binkie Melo. He doesn't care about you, your family, nor your friends. He doesn't send you personal letters of encouragement, he's not financially taking care of you. For all the positive anyone feels he's brought to this franchise he's brought as much negative. I want the Knicks to succeed if it can be with Melo that's fine but not realistic to expect after a player has played 12 seasons and needs to do a complete 180 in how he approaches and dedicates himself to the game.

So my main desire is to blowtorch (starting with your Man Candy Melo) everything here, possibly retaining 1 spoil in THJR.

It'll sink in one day, I won't lose hope in you

ku-xlarge.jpg

Even if Melo shot poorly, most of his games he's by far our best rebounder and draws double teams.

Joe Johnson has never been on Melo's level. That Atlanta team had Josh Smith and Al Horford, all star caliber players...Atlanta is still a good team without Johnson. Bad comparison.

Melo trade sucked, I don't disagree.
I rather Melo signed in the off season than trading for him.
I will never disagree with you on that.

Melo can be a hero on a good team, expecting him to be a hero on the worst roster in the league is silly from you.

You don't want Melo to succeed because it's a personal problem you have failed to overcome.

Melo played 12 seasons as an all star and elite SF...he's approach and dedicate himself to the game as much as he can.
Surround him with a good team, it's realistic he'll be successful.

Again, you can't see that because you hold a personal problem.

Broadway

All Star
ku-xlarge.jpg

Even if Melo shot poorly, most of his games he's by far our best rebounder and draws double teams.

Joe Johnson has never been on Melo's level. That Atlanta team had Josh Smith and Al Horford, all star caliber players...Atlanta is still a good team without Johnson. Bad comparison.

Melo trade sucked, I don't disagree.
I rather Melo signed in the off season than trading for him.
I will never disagree with you on that.

Melo can be a hero on a good team, expecting him to be a hero on the worst roster in the league is silly from you.

You don't want Melo to succeed because it's a personal problem you have failed to overcome.

Melo played 12 seasons as an all star and elite SF...he's approach and dedicate himself to the game as much as he can.
Surround him with a good team, it's realistic he'll be successful.

Again, you can't see that because you hold a personal problem.

Denver has been a good team without Melo…matter of fact they won more games than they ever have not only in any Melo era but franchise history post Melo…another meaningless point by you blown to smithereens.

So back to Joe Johnson…when in ATL he was comparable to Melo….and I said better PLAYER not better SCORER. Joe Johnson was playing point forward putting up all-around numbers across the board and getting to the second round…..lol

This reminds me of what we're dealing with again on this board with posters like you…..You and others are the type to blow a gasket when you see a player like Blake Griffin ranked ahead of Melo say on a major media sport outlet poll but then when discussing Melo trades…will suggest trading Melo for Blake Griffin….

Can't make this stuff up

Kiyaman

Legend
The Denver Nuggets never the playoffs with Melo, even when Melo was a rookie...so you hold no argument.

Became first NBA rookie to lead a playoff team in scoring since Spurs' David Robinson...the fact you're trying to act like Melo is a scrub is hilarious.

He's a top 10 player no question.

We currently don't even have a top 100 player on this team beyond Melo, Chandler would be there but he's injury prone and non existent.

Stop this mindless hate.

Metro u made a small mistake .. Carmelo Anthony is a top-10 scorer
Melo is not close to being a top 20 player .... Duncan. Parker, and Ginobli most team wins in the past 4 seasons make each of them a top-10 player. And when u add Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Lebron/DWade/Bosh/Kobe/Dirk/CP3/D.Rose/Paul George .. u really find it difficult to mention Carmelo Anthony as one of the TOP-10 best players in the NBA.

bigapple

Starter
from your list Dirk George Bosh Harden Westbrook is team players Kobe Lebron MELO wana be allways crunchtime players Duncan/Ginobili/Parker rare trio but they got more wins in playoffs than Jabbar Johnson Worthy combined.

metrocard

Legend
Denver has been a good team without Melo…matter of fact they won more games than they ever have not only in any Melo era but franchise history post Melo…another meaningless point by you blown to smithereens.

So back to Joe Johnson…when in ATL he was comparable to Melo….and I said better PLAYER not better SCORER. Joe Johnson was playing point forward putting up all-around numbers across the board and getting to the second round…..lol

This reminds me of what we're dealing with again on this board with posters like you…..You and others are the type to blow a gasket when you see a player like Blake Griffin ranked ahead of Melo say on a major media sport outlet poll but then when discussing Melo trades…will suggest trading Melo for Blake Griffin….

Can't make this stuff up

1. Denver isn't a good team this year. Last year they were good because they had the best depth in the NBA. The Melo trade helped an already deep Denver team get deeper. They were going to be good regardless. You didn't blow nothing up.

2. Look at Denver before Melo.

95-96 - 35-47
96-97 - 21-61
97-98 - 11-71
98-99 - 14-36
99-00 - 35-47
00-01 - 40-42
01-02 - 17-65

8 seasons being one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Melo's Denver era

44-39 Rookie Season
49-33
44-38
45-37
50-32
54-28
53-29
50-32

You can't ignore this.

Melo took one of his team to the Western Conference Finals. They went 4-2 with the Lakers.

Last year's Nuggets team didn't go that deep and probably will never go deep again without Melo.
We know Nuggets haven't had their playoff success but you have to respect the Western Conference's competition

Joe Johnson wasn't comparable to Melo.

You his Hawks in the West, they won't even make the playoffs.

Hawks before Johnson arrived to ATL

13-69

When Johnson arrived

26-52

next season

30-52

How is Johnson comparable to Melo? Melo has automatically lead his franchise to a playoff spot every season in a much superior division.

The only season Johnson started making the playoffs was when Al Horford joined the Hawks as a rookie in 07-08.

That season, Hawks won 37 games and lost 45. Put Johnson's team in the West, they'll be in the NBA lottery getting a draft pick. The East is so bad they made it into the playoffs with that record.

Hawks haven't changed a bit, Horford is the nucleus of that team, not Johnson. Joe Johnson will never be a nucleus like Melo, they aren't even comparable. You dropped the ball on this one man, big mistake.

In fact, I bet it frightens you that you know Melo's Denver team would make it to the East finals every year, so Johnson's Hawks making it out of the first round to get dominated is child's play.

Where have I suggested a trade for Blake Griffin? You can search my post and see that Blake has danger written all over him. 90% of his game relies on athleticism. He's one leg injury away from being Derrick Rose. He won't be good as he is now when he hits Melo's age.

I love how you compare these this B level players to an A level player like Melo, it just makes your argument look weaker and weaker with each post.

Keep 'em coming, and have a good New Year.

metrocard

Legend
Metro u made a small mistake .. Carmelo Anthony is a top-10 scorer
Melo is not close to being a top 20 player .... Duncan. Parker, and Ginobli most team wins in the past 4 seasons make each of them a top-10 player. And when u add Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Lebron/DWade/Bosh/Kobe/Dirk/CP3/D.Rose/Paul George .. u really find it difficult to mention Carmelo Anthony as one of the TOP-10 best players in the NBA.

Get the F out of here man.

Melo is better than Bosh, D-Rose, Kobe, Dirk in every way. Most of those guys are past their prime, Rose and Kobe aren't even alive. Stop being silly.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_62SaBM2s&feature=player_detailpage

Dr. J. acknowledges that Melo is a "horse" and perhaps one of the top 5 players in the league. Yet he agrees with the poll reflecting that 82% of the responders would not build a team around him. Melo is by far our best player. He just has no one around him that would command his respect. He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

Broadway

All Star
1. Denver isn't a good team this year. Last year they were good because they had the best depth in the NBA. The Melo trade helped an already deep Denver team get deeper. They were going to be good regardless. You didn't blow nothing up.

Yes I did because between all of Mozgov's DNP's and Chandler and Gallo missing near 1/3 to half of season they accomplished that feat mostly without what we gave them.

In Melo's second season as a player the Nuggets were at one point 17-24 until the team fired Bizdelik….interim Micheal Cooper and then hired George Karl who went on to post like a 30-6 coaching record that year. Denver pretty much never looked back since. Denver fires Karl this past summer and they're struggling some(same depth)….I think we have our answer as to who was largely responsible for Denver's success. They only made it to the WCF 1 during Melo's time there and of course that was because of the addition of Billups, who mind you finished 6th place in MVP voting that season and Melo wasn't even a nominee….lol!

Billups numbers that post-season run was nearly other worldly.

But of course with Melo polluting your face you can't see all the intel necessary to make logical and reasonable arguments. No one said Melo is a bad player. He's just not good as you and others think he is, therefore monumental gross miscalculations on assessment. I mean not for nothing this is all evidence of where things stand and how pathetic Melo's tenure is here, when you try and stack it against his results in Denver. Once again Denver is Denver it's not New York therefore it shouldn't matter to you what he did there, the only concern is what he's doing here…..

Man where is Jeremy Lin and/or another coach firing in order to save Melo when he needs it, to keep his lobbyist from jumping off bridges.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

Many players in this league need the same prescription….so what makes Melo any more unique?

Absolutely Nothing!

metrocard

Legend
Yes I did because between all of Mozgov's DNP's and Chandler and Gallo missing near 1/3 to half of season they accomplished that feat mostly without what we gave them.

In Melo's second season as a player the Nuggets were at one point 17-24 until the team fired Bizdelik?.interim Micheal Cooper and then hired George Karl who went on to post like a 30-6 coaching record that year. Denver pretty much never looked back since. Denver fires Karl this past summer and they're struggling some(same depth)?.I think we have our answer as to who was largely responsible for Denver's success. They only made it to the WCF 1 during Melo's time there and of course that was because of the addition of Billups, who mind you finished 6th place in MVP voting that season and Melo wasn't even a nominee?.lol!

Billups numbers that post-season run was nearly other worldly.

But of course with Melo polluting your face you can't see all the intel necessary to make logical and reasonable arguments. No one said Melo is a bad player. He's just not good as you and others think he is, therefore monumental gross miscalculations on assessment. I mean not for nothing this is all evidence of where things stand and how pathetic Melo's tenure is here, when you try and stack it against his results in Denver. Once again Denver is Denver it's not New York therefore it shouldn't matter to you what he did there, the only concern is what he's doing here?..

Man where is Jeremy Lin and/or another coach firing in order to save Melo when he needs it, to keep his lobbyist from jumping off bridges.

dude, did Melo just fire back at you on twitter?

v40yub.jpg

petescud

Starter
Rest Melo on this road trip

I know they are trying to rush Melo back, but i think its stupid. We have little chance of winning one of these games. What if we rush him, he hurts or even breaks his ankle. There goes our options with Melo, and the Knicks should test the market