Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
Yea, we have to preserve Melo and let someone buy big on him. If we can get expiring and 2-3 first round picks, we'll be good. I'll settle for 2. If we just get one then we screwed ourselves. I think Clippers will buy for Melo.

petescud

Starter
crap i'd settle for 1 first rounder and a young quality player .... for Melo . We can't take the chance that he walks, though i don't see him walking, when he can make millions more here. Guess it all depends on if he's serious about winning a championship. Do you see any of the top 10 teams willing to give up say example a Butler from Chicago and their first round pick for Melo

Melo-Deng-Rose-Noah-Boozer....not a bad line up. Move Deng to SG

paris401

Starter
melo makes 21m, butler 1m... Chicago has to give us a lot more to make the salaries equal...

that's the killer in trying to deal melo... u have to equalize (almost) the salaries... so we get rid of melo, and take back lots of 'trash'...

we are fuk'd... if we let him go we got nuthin..., n if we pay him, he's still surrounded next year..two..three.. with trash...
bags for next year...jr for two years...felton for 3years...the schmuck n the prick for 2 and 3yrs...

happy new year from steve mills n jimmy dolan...

petescud

Starter
So it sounds like Melo will either be a part of our next 6 year plan regardless....unless he bolts and we get nothing. I think when he plays with other stars and he doesn't have to be "The Man" he'd be fine. Wasn't he the leading scorer in the Olympics a few years ago, and the other stars knew how to play off him...Thats what we need...Good Luck Knicks finding the pieces

Kiyaman

Legend
All veteran GM are not going to F with Carmelo Anthony in a trade or as a FA ..
GM Kiki Vandeweigh drafted Melo, and stole 3 first rounders from the next team (in Camby, Nene, and Andre Miller) to guide rookie Melo to a .500 season. Kiki also picked up a walking Chris Anderson who earned the name "Birdman" in Melo's rookie season.
Melo had GM Kiki Vandeweigh FIRED.

Team-owners do the trading for 2 year $40M plus contracts.
And like I said above, none of the owners veteran GM want to b apart of a Melo-trade.
Even a 22 yr career (with no big trade) GM Donnie Walsh said, "no no no to the Melo-trade".

GM Dolan have $88M invested in this TANKING season, and $92M in next season.
Having a 30 win season with above $75M salary cap means ur most minute star-player is cancer to his teammates.
GM Dolan didnt understand the $100M salary-cap with Isiah's/Starbury's 23 win seasons, so expect GM Dolan to do the same with Woodson's/ISO-Melo

petescud

Starter
So kiya what do you think a smart GM would do to turn around our nightmare..or is there any hope before all these terrible contracts expire/go away

Honestly i find myself rooting for the these guys (Murry, Hardaway, Udrih and hopefully Tyler)

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_62SaBM2s&feature=player_detailpage

Dr. J. acknowledges that Melo is a "horse" and perhaps one of the top 5 players in the league. Yet he agrees with the poll reflecting that 82% of the responders would not build a team around him. Melo is by far our best player. He just has no one around him that would command his respect. He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

The subject was can u build around Melo? 82% of a poll said Hell-No!
Dr. J comment as an analyst was being fare to last seasons top-scorer (Melo).
But as a player, Dr. J would not welcome Melo's no-defense, no transitition-skills, and ball-hoggin performance as one of his teammates in the ABA or NBA. Paul Westphal & World B Free were high scoring ball-hoggers that never played defense, untill they became teammates with Dr. Julius Erving.

Carmelo Anthony is not Batman or Robin ....
Melo is the Allan Houston with Ewing & Sprewell ..
Melo is the Kukoc with Rodman, Pippin, Jordan ..

Melo being a top 5 scorer in the league is all true.
Melo being one of the top 5 known NBA players in the league is all true.
The sematic bullshiiiii of Melo being a top 5 player is pure BULLSHiiiii
A top 10 player gets his teammates to play with him, not against him.
Dwight Howard was a Top 10 player in the league, untill his teammates started playing against him.

paris401

Starter
So kiya what do you think a smart GM would do to turn around our nightmare..or is there any hope before all these terrible contracts expire/go away

that's a good question.. thank god we have one of those...smart GM... steve mills... I am predicting it 1st ... rite here on knicksonline......

we will be in the hunt for the eastern crown....

Rob Low

Rotation player
Erving couldn't win a title till he got Malone on his team so he should understand Melo's situation more than anybody.

LeFlume

All Star
Knicks could have 12 LeBron James on the team. We still wouldn't win the title. We're cursed for life. Just accept it and love the team for what it is, it's easier that way. We are losers for eternity.

Kiyaman

Legend

Honestly i find myself rooting for the these guys (Murry, Hardaway, Udrih and hopefully Tyler)

The young players u mention r working-hard to have a career in the NBA.

Dolan hiring a decent veteran GM that value draft picks like he value keeping his job within the next 3 years, are a 20% chance happening.
Dolan having no GM for the 2013-14 season, mean all related Knicks trade-rumors are rumors created by sport-commentators.

If Dolan had a decent veteran GM, that GM wouldve been working on trade issues with several teams for Melo, during our first 15 games of the season, when Melo comment on his "player-option" to test the FA market in 2014 offseason.
Having a 3-12 start without Melo playing in any of the 15 games. Melo's trading stock wouldve risen sky high (after a 54 win season).
Having a 5-15 start with Melo in the rotation playing 40 plus minutes in all 20 games .. we all should know by now that Melo's trading stock dropped so deep there is not one NBA team willing to trade for a 2 yr $40M headache .. that still have teammate problem.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I do not bend over for Amar'e that's a flat out lie?.Amar'e is trash. Matter of fact I said we never should have signed him and that Steve Kerr and the Suns were dead on the money. He was a 2010 save face free agent EPIC fail signing. I don't like Amar'e at all. I feel he sold the young core out prior to the Melo trade when the rumors were running rampant saying in the media "They need to suck it up"?although Melo chased Lin out via free agency at least he did publicly show support for Shump this year as trade rumors have once again reared their ugly head.

I used the "TEAM NAME" examples of lack of threads created to show the hypocrisy/agendas and how the acquisition of Melo has nearly created?."Melo fans first"?.."Knick fans second"?.otherwise we'd witness more defense cases for other players but we don't and we won't.

Melo hasn't played good this year at an 80-90% clip and actually hasn't his whole time being here. The numbers back that up. Maybe closer to 60% if that. For crying out loud this year alone?..

he's had 11gms where he shot below 40% at a very high usage rate?..he's only played 27gms do the math
?

That's nowhere close to playing a good game 80-90%. But if no one strip searches your posts you'd be allowed to rob so many blind of truth. Trust you don't what to run numbers from other previous seasons it would be another "Melo Camp" embarrassment. Go ahead and choke on the 54 fools gold win season, trying to attribute all the credit to him. Those who have been consistently checking the pulse of this team since 2011 knows the true health and condition of this team. We've had a disease since day 1?.went in remission?. and has resurfaced to the point we're almost near coma.

Heck Joe Johnson(more well rounded player when there) produced 50 win seasons in ATL and no one took that team seriously and guess what no one has really taken us seriously since the acquisition of Melo. We didn't make the trade we did for Melo, Amnesty Billups for Tyson, and spend 2yrs in futility on Amar'e so we could GOLF CLAP a 54win season. You have low standards mine are nowhere close to yours. As fas as the sunrise is from the sunset...is how far apart we see things and what we want to see Top to Bottom.

It's statements like that(Melo plays good games 80-90% of the time), which causes this dichotomy of chaos and minion propaganda. Let's deal with facts, instead of worrying if someone is oversimplifying. How about you stop GLOSSIFYING and GLORIFYING.

You're looking for a "Hero" to venerate?I'm looking for a "Team" to appreciate?.Major Major Major Galatic difference.

It's quite obvious there is an undying passion of many fans on forums across the internet to go through extensive levels to defend their Binkie Melo. He doesn't care about you, your family, nor your friends. He doesn't send you personal letters of encouragement, he's not financially taking care of you. For all the positive anyone feels he's brought to this franchise he's brought as much negative. I want the Knicks to succeed, if it can be with Melo that's fine but not realistic to expect after a player has played 12 seasons and needs to do a complete 180 in how he approaches and dedicates himself to the game. Unfortunately but not surprisingly Melo's been a Denver failure here in New York and this is after getting away from the supposed San Antonio Spurs curse.

I don't care what Melo did as a High School All-American

I don't care what Melo did in Syracuse

I don't care what Melo did as a rookie in Denver

I don't care what Melo did consecutive yrs of post season bids for Denver

I don't care what Melo did in the Olympics

I don't care if Melo has won a scoring title

I don't care if Melo was on a 54 win team or how many 50 win teams he's been on

I only care if Melo will help the Knicks achieve peak success and not stifle/hinder it, nor put us in a horrible position going forward prior to and when his playing days are over.

So my main desire at this point(although unlikely which I understand) is to blowtorch (starting with your Man Candy Melo) everything here, possibly retaining 1 spoil in THJR.

It'll sink in one day, I won't lose hope in you

So how do you explain last night donut?:)

metrocard

Legend
So I guess the KNICKS beat the Spurs last night on the road in spite of Melo's 27-10 line. Lol:)

Clutch shot, great play...Shumpert showed. We know Melo is capable of these things, especially when his teammates play way.

Anyone hating on having a top 10 player on this roster is just doing a disservice to themselves.
It's to the point it's not even worth the debate, Melo's performance will do the talking, especially since he's a better player post all star break.

Melo haters have to hold that.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks need to get their act together and build a good team around him OR ship him out and restart. One or the other. None of this current crap.