Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Scribbles

Rotation player
Knicks dangle Melo for Blake Griffin: ESPN Reports... (Melo's Days are numbered)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10233011/carmelo-anthony-blake-griffin-proposal-mulled

The Knicks are opening trade discussions and using Carmelo Anthony as bait.

I wouldn't want to trade Melo for another superstar however, Id rather pick up young assets in this year's draft class.

What is Blake Griffin gonna do for us? Realistically, he will have a worse impact on us. Melo is more beneficial than him.

We can do better.

Point is, - the Knicks are not only initiating but they are OPENING and OFFERING Melo in trade scenarios. The end is near. Melo will not be here come November 2014. This is as much evidence that is needed to see that he doesn't intend to resign here unless there's a drastic turnaround, which is not happening anytime soon with our entire future compromised in cap hell and draft hell.

Cheers to another 10 years of misery.

uber

Benchwarmer
I just don't see Melo walking. Even if Melo won't be here come November 2014 we still have something to look forward to and that's. 2015.

metrocard

Legend
Blake Griffin has career ending injury written all over him.

If you think Melo is a bad defender wait till you see Blake.

Blake also is like Dwight in terms his game flows heavily on how much of his athleticism is utilized in the offense, meaning he can't play without a PG because he can't create his own shot at a high level.

tiger0330

Legend
you have to trade melo for an equal salary... I don't see a trade...

if I was the clip's, i'd trade melo for blake in a heartbeat... I think melo is a big upgrade..
Exactly why the Clips might pull the trigger on this trade. They Clips are playing well but aren't dominant, Melo may put them over the top. The Clips could get this trade done by including Matt Barnes and Jamison in the deal or Dudley by himself. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat if I were the Clips GM.

skisloper

Starter
blake griffin has career ending injury written all over him.

If you think melo is a bad defender wait till you see blake.

Blake also is like dwight in terms his game flows heavily on how much of his athleticism is utilized in the offense, meaning he can't play without a pg because he can't create his own shot at a high level.

the ultimate goal would be to get griffin and trade him away for 1st round draft picks tp the suns........

This would be a huge mistake by us. Blake Griffin is a fun, exciting player, but he's signed through the 2017-2018 season. We'd be committing to a guy who might not be able to do anything on a team without an elite PG. This would be the Amare signing all over again, except without the collateral pieces that we had already assembled to play with Amare the season we signed him. I'd rather have Blake than nobody if Melo is going to walk, because at least he'd be a temporary trade asset, but not if it will take away any potential salary cap flexibility in 2015.

tiger0330

Legend
Just read the ESPN article and it's reported the teams haven't even talked to each other about the trade and for now is only being discussed internally within the respective organizations. So far the Clips are leaning on keeping Blake, no wonder his last 10 games he's put up 26ppg 11rpg. Lose Melo for nothing or get a guy putting up those kind of numbers plus fillers is a no brainer to me, go out and get him.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Just read the ESPN article and it's reported the teams haven't even talked to each other about the trade and for now is only being discussed internally within the respective organizations. So far the Clips are leaning on keeping Blake, no wonder his last 10 games he's put up 26ppg 11rpg. Lose Melo for nothing or get a guy putting up those kind of numbers plus fillers is a no brainer to me, go out and get him.

His PG is CP3 so I expect him to be good, I expect anyone to be good with CP3. Paul is now injured for a while so lets see Blakes numbers drop massively

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
the ultimate goal would be to get griffin and trade him away for 1st round draft picks tp the suns........

No, that's the forums ultimate goal. The Knicks have never said this is the plan. Knowing us, we'd keep and even trade a first for someone like Bargs

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10233011/carmelo-anthony-blake-griffin-proposal-mulled

The Knicks are opening trade discussions and using Carmelo Anthony as bait.

I wouldn't want to trade Melo for another superstar however, Id rather pick up young assets in this year's draft class.

What is Blake Griffin gonna do for us? Realistically, he will have a worse impact on us. Melo is more beneficial than him.

We can do better.

Point is, - the Knicks are not only initiating but they are OPENING and OFFERING Melo in trade scenarios. The end is near. Melo will not be here come November 2014. This is as much evidence that is needed to see that he doesn't intend to resign here unless there's a drastic turnaround, which is not happening anytime soon with our entire future compromised in cap hell and draft hell.

Cheers to another 10 years of misery.
Check out my thread on this...I have a possible scenerio that could work out...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k86u55a

Paul1355

All Star

Broadway

All Star
This story is not real….Another one of Chris Broussard's appeal to the masses shock reporting.

How convenient this story comes out in wake of CP3's shoulder injury. If the front offices have been discussing this internally as if to imply this has been a thought process for a while then why did he wait until last night to report this? Because "internally" is code in the media for (local fan base interest and local beat writer interest)

I do feel there could be some buttons trying to be pushed from Melo's camp(CAA) to get this out there more and more but as far the organizations discussing this(if it hasn't been with each other….therefore it's a non story)

I do find it comical though our fan base is Glazed Donut facing this rumor for a player in Blake who they feel isn't better than Melo at least according to the same out in….

"I WON'T TAKE BSPN SERIOUSLY BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS HATE THE KNICKS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY RANK PLAYERS BEFORE THE START OF A SEASON BUT I'LL BELIEVE ANY STORY THEY WRITE ABOUT US INVOLVED IN TRADES DISCUSSION EVEN IF PREMATURE WITH REPORT COMING FROM ONE OF THEIR LEAST CREDIBLE FAKE SOURCE WRITERS."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some should feel ashamed as they allow themselves to think and react to this degree. I mean look yourselves in the mirror for once and use your brain.

I'm not saying every story Chris Broussard writes is phony baloney but this most definitely is.

I don't think I've ever been a part of a fan base so gullible within the past 5-7yrs. It's very sad all around. Oh and we're not getting Blake for Melo…not gonna happen.

Broadway

All Star
I'd like to add to ESPN has extreme vested interest in penning stories surrounding trade rumors. None more so than to use 2 big stars in major media markets to drive up further interest around this time of the yr. CP3 will be out 3-5weeks if not more, which places everything around the deadline time….

ESPN is slick but not that slick to have me drinking their FOOL-AID!!!!!!

bigapple

Starter
not only ESPN hates Knicks but NBA and refs

proof?

do u rememeber when MELo hits lay up and then screaming and scored tech? for what? even commentators disagrees

but when Bosh scored 3 vs Blazers he was behaving like in finals vs OKC there was no call

btw Griffin can he shoot 3? no he just took ~30 shoots per season
can he shoots fadeway? no he is like STAT and Howard mainly dunks and hooks
can he shot crosover? no not that skilled
most balls to Griffin is from Jorand and Cp3 i dont buy Clippers.

MELO just wana play with CP3 which i mostly dont like in this league i just dont like Cp3

Rondo is more skilled than CP3 even Westbrook or Harden

Kobe : MELO is like a bull when he is scoring under the glass
Vogel : MELo is offensive beast
Pierce : MELo is tougher to guard than LEBRON Stephen A was even surprized

Broadway

All Star
Blake Griffin has career ending injury written all over him.

If you think Melo is a bad defender wait till you see Blake.

Blake also is like Dwight in terms his game flows heavily on how much of his athleticism is utilized in the offense, meaning he can't play without a PG because he can't create his own shot at a high level.

I mean I know your defense mechanisms are kicking in to protect the love of your life but was this your line of reasoning when we were on the brink of striking out in free agency and ultimately turned our attention to Amar'e? I mean the same could be said of him too.

What about the idea of paring Blake with say Rondo in 2015(the kind of point guard that would compliment Blake) or does Rondo's 2015 arrival only make sense or probable if Melo is here?<---------------(twist yourself into a pretzel…. trying to talk yourself out of this direct question)

Is 2015 Free Agency splash rebuild mythical in general? Could Blake not attract players to New York the same way Melo enormously has<----------Pun intended…lol

Doesn't Melo's game/success depend on who's playing point guard? lol

Didn't Blake get his numbers playing with a washed up Baron Davis, rookie Eric Bledsoe, undersized 2 guard Eric Gordon, misfit Mo Williams, misfit Randy Foye etc etc before Chris Paul's arrival?

Relax take a deep breath the story is about as falsified as it gets, although personally I wish it had some real legs and/or strong knees…this story is weaker than Kenyon legs and Amar'e knees though.

Both the Melo and Deron Williams trades were considered crazy rumors until they actually happened. Lebron leaving Cleveland was a crazy rumor until it happened. It's entirely possibly we trade Melo in a blockbuster trade. Regardless of your feelings are about Melo, he is far and away the biggest star player that is currently on a go nowhere losing team, who also happens to be in the last year of his contract. There is no reason we can't look at the 10 to 12 teams in the league who think they have a chance at winning this year and make a sweet deadline deal to get 1st round picks and/or young assets. What we shouldn't be doing is looking to swap him for already high paid players on other teams. Our Front Office is garbage, but our team can easily make a good Melo trade happen if they wanted to do it.

Broadway

All Star
not only ESPN hates Knicks but NBA and refs

proof?

do u rememeber when MELo hits lay up and then screaming and scored tech? for what? even commentators disagrees

but when Bosh scored 3 vs Blazers he was behaving like in finals vs OKC there was no call

You have some of the more difficult posts to understand and some that really don't make sense. This was a poor example by you. In the Rockets game Terrence Jones was issued a tech also for having an even lesser emotional reaction after scoring on their end. No ESPN does not hate the Knicks nor does any other outlet. Your mind is playing tricks on you as Ghetto Boys once told us.