Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101112263656 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

I believe if Walsh was in control the whole time and not that molester Isiah we wouldn't have to give up nearly as much.

FU Isiah and Dolan!!!

The only way this deal is good is if we get CP3 or Deron Williams next year.

Superstar

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero

He was really good for a while, and then sucked for a long time.

Our fortunes basically went as he started getting worse.

We sucked so much in January because Felton took 15 shots a game and only made 37.3% of them.

If he took 10 shots a game over that period of time you'd bet that we'd win an extra 2-3 games more than we did.
    We sucked in January because our team's legs were gone.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero

He was really good for a while, and then sucked for a long time.

Our fortunes basically went as he started getting worse.

We sucked so much in January because Felton took 15 shots a game and only made 37.3% of them.

If he took 10 shots a game over that period of time you'd bet that we'd win an extra 2-3 games more than we did.
    Felton can run the offense though. He is suited better for it then Billups. I don't really think Billups can run the pick and roll with Amare. Gonna be interesting.

Lurker

hmm, as is already done, there nothing we can do.

It's not about player, its' KNICKS that important

Go knickss

The saddest thing about this whole ordeal is that Walsh will be thrown to the curb or will just walk away.

Dolan and that idiot Isiah are running the show and that can not be good.

^^^^ Lolz...............

Well... First of all i'm so glad for the ending of this soap opera that i'm afraid this is going to affect my appreciation of the trade.

We gave A LOT. It probably will cost us Donnie Walsh leaving. But getting Melo while keeping Landry Fields makes me happy. Also keeping our pick for the next year (we'll see if there isn't another coming).

I said it all before: Chandler was gone after the trade, Gallinari with Melo makes no sense... Felton and Mozgov are the sacrifice. None of them is a star but they were good for us. I just can't understand why we give 3 extra picks and cash... But overall i'm good with the trade.

Most disturbing thing is to figure what plan Dolan has for our FO.

great trade

this was a steal

nuggets give up their heart n soul for two streaky inconsistent players

felton was playing well but im sure billups and douglas will suffice, i mean the knicks can now iso two players

****s lovely

Originally Posted by Markutis
    We gave A LOT. It probably will cost us Donnie Walsh leaving. But getting Melo while keeping Landry Fields makes me happy.
    The Nuggets were stupid they didn't asked for Fields too, i'm sure Dolan would have included him as well. Man i feel pretty bad after this news..

Veteran

Landry Fields must be the happiest guy ( besides Melo )

this guy is in a starting rotation with Billups, Melo and Amare...

He must be like I am in a dream....

Melo ERA is over and like that we gave up too much or not does not matter...

Playoff Victory"s are a comin

^^^^^^

Aint that the truth. Landry Fields' dream year continues. Like the last man standing in the OK CORRAL. A whopping P-H-E-W, as he wipes the brow.

Looking at it in terms of this year's post season run:

Billups is more valuabe than Felton for the playoff run. He's the better, more clutch player. Better defensively. Has a ring. Felton is a warrior. His 6+ months as a Knick will be appereciated, but his play was declining ala Duhon, and that 2-week stretch he had seemed more like an anomaly than the norm. PLUS, Felton was not in the 2012 plans.

Sheldon Williams is better than Timofey Mozgov this year. Probably is the better player next year as well (and the year after that). Williams averages 5.3 reboudns per game, Mozgov about 3. Granted Mozgov is bigger, but Williams is more polished and has the pedigree.

Wilson Chandler is a great talent. Some nights he is fantastic. Other nights not so much. He's just not consistent enough to be reliable. He was not going to resign with the Knicks. He is seeking his 30-50 mil payday. We weren't going there. Corey Brewer take shis spot, and will do a lot of what we asked WC to do. If you look at their careers, they seem like the same player.

Danillo Gallinari. Where to begin right. I wanted Eric Gordon, see EC everytime I watch Gallo. I understood what scouts saw in DG. I rooted for him. Wanted him to do well. I feel in 3 years he will be a very, very good player. TRUTH IS though we couldn't risk STAT's present banking on Gallo's near future. We needed a star now. And fact is Carmelo is only 26, and will be the better player the next 5-7 years. Having both would have been great, but NO WAY should it be a dealbreaker.

Taking back Balkman's salary stinks. It's only 1.6 mil for the next 2 seasons. Hopefully we trade him. Still, Knicks shave about 2 mil off their cap hit for next year. That, along with added payroll space, plus possible exemptions will get you a Jamal Crawford or Big Baby.

Anthony Randolph was never playing as long as D'antoni is here. A shame really. The 2 second round picks and 3 mil in cash, along with EC's expiring contract pretty much exhaust all NYK had to offer. Doesn't leave us with much wiggle room to swing deals.

But NYK will find players on the scrap heep. A vet cut here, a Barron there. PLUS, Knicks still have a 1st round pick this year (so they do have options moving fwd).

Williams will be just fine, filling in that Gallo role. He's the much better 3-point sniper this season anyway. Walker still has a shot to be something. Douglas is hurting but he's still a nice scoring option off the bench.

Knicks need size, but the same was true even when MOZ was here. Save Turiaf for the post season. Turiaf-Balkman bring energy.

Knicks had to make this trade. BUilding around Amar'e-Carmelo much better than building around Amar'e-Gallo. Billups/Felton for 2011 a toss-up anyway. I'll take Sheldon over MOZ. Chandler was walking. Knicks basically give up Randolph, 2 second round picks, and EC's contract (which could have fetched a Dalembert or something).

Adding a CENTER to the current roster might have been OK; gambling on Melo. BUt had we missed out out then it would have been BAD moving fwd. I dont want to watch MIA dominate. To be relevant, NYK had to do this. We paid a lot, but it's still worth it.

You guys are CRAZY.We weren't going to be able to keep Chandler anyways,and Billups is better than Felton.So we basically traded Gallo and Moz for Balkman and Melo.Melo is top 5 player in the league and Balkman is solid defender.Even Jeff Van Gundy said this was a great trade for us.

Donnie Walsh is as big as a traitor since Benedict Arnold, you have one of the biggest trades in frnachise history going down during All Star weekend and you bolt back to Indiana with your family leaving the owner all alone to speak with Melo? we already lost LeBron because of him coming to the meeting in a wheelchair, and he was going to cost us another star?