Page 63 of 119 FirstFirst ... 133343575859606162636465666768698393113 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ?

Did you watch the game?

Melo played PF, had to guard T-Jones, who isn't really an offensive thread but Jones went 2-5 for 6 points in 33 minutes.

Why are you acting like Melo let Jones go off for 30 points?

You just mindly type "Melo doesn't play defense" to everything, even to game clips of a game where Melo's defense wasn't even bad.

You complaining about Melo's defense in a game where his defense wasn't bad but you don't even mention the refs who took away a 4point play from Melo has confirmed you're not even a Knick fan anymore.
    Your sole purpose here now is to hate Melo without any thought.
    It's a mindless and unproductive behavior that you should be concerned about.

Metro as I have said to you in other posts its Melo's lack of defensive effort in games...Maybe its due to him focusing too much on the offensive end or too many minutes BUT regardless your STAR player should be a team leader on the defensive end.

Veteran

It's not even an argument, you present nothing to the table.

Melo finished last season 3rd in MVP voting.
    This season he's 2nd in the NBA in scoring and 10th in rebounding.
    He's been a top 15 player for 10 years.
    He's 29 years old.

You hold nothing valuable worth reading in regard to Melo not being a max player.

Melo playing on a bad team doesn't mean he'll be getting any less of the money he WILL be getting.

since when George Karl and Mike D'Antoni were excellent coaches that were valued over elite players? They're average at best.

Melo isn't Shane Battier on defense, but he isn't Steve Novak on defense either, you crying and over exaggerating about his defense is unproductive and pointless.

Defense matters to me 100%
    That's why I want Pablo Prigioni, World Peace and Shumpert play a bigger role on this team. These 3 guys have potential to change the game flow of the team all around, but Woodson is holding them back to sit around and let Smith, Hardway and Melo isolate.

I don't support the Iso-Melo system.

I believe Melo is best when he's moving without the ball and our point guards don't make it obvious they're going to pass to Melo.

Melo is easily a max player, this isn't even close to an argument, stop wasting my time.
    Even the biggest Melo hater would admit he's max, you're being overly emotional and mindless to even make sense.

Players in the NBA get overpaid anyway, so I don't know why you're in deep denial.

Because at age 34 and 35 I do not believe Melo should be making 28 million a year..........Do you ?

My issue with Melo on defense is that I have zero doubt he has the ability and strength to be a lock down defender but at certain times he just does not step up.....

Statistics can sometimes lie and voting isnt always a tell tale sign I mean look at last years 6th man.

So we have to move Melo for draft picks and young prospects.
    So what you have left is basically the current Boston Celtics. Very Isiah like thinking.

Veteran

The current Boston Celtics who, for some reason, have a way better record than both the Nets and the Knicks.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    So what you have left is basically the current Boston Celtics. Very Isiah like thinking.
    This would be the opposite of Isiah thinking. Isiah thinking was trading all of our picks for mismatched and sometimes unproven vets - as opposed to hoarding picks while selling off aging players like what the Celtics did.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Metro as I have said to you in other posts its Melo's lack of defensive effort in games...Maybe its due to him focusing too much on the offensive end or too many minutes BUT regardless your STAR player should be a team leader on the defensive end.
    No matter what you say has anything to do with the video. Melo didn't play a bad defensive game against Houston.

Chandler has been the Knicks leader on defense the past 3 seasons. Melo's never been a defensive special, you're being plain retarded asking him to be Indiana Pacer Ron Artest on defense when his strength is offense.

That's like asking Raymond Felton to play like Chris Paul.

when will the sillyness end?

12th man

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Because at age 34 and 35 I do not believe Melo should be making 28 million a year..........Do you ?

My issue with Melo on defense is that I have zero doubt he has the ability and strength to be a lock down defender but at certain times he just does not step up.....

Statistics can sometimes lie and voting isnt always a tell tale sign I mean look at last years 6th man.
    28 million a year? LOL who would offer that contract? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me that.

I don't think Melo will be a lock down defender, his defense isn't Eddy Curry bad or Jamal Crawford bad so I'm not worried about Melo defensively. Do I want him to give 100% on defense and make plays? Of course. Am I expecting him highly to preform on defense every night? No, that's foolish.

It seems like you don't even know who Carmelo Anthony is. Since when Melo has become a lock down defender or people expected him to be?

Next thing you know, Ski wants Melo to average 7-8 assist per game like Melo..."Melo has to be a complete Superstar, make his teammates better, play point forward and create shots for the lesser player, run back on defense and block shots...make plays, statistics lie" - skisloper

12th man

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    Celtics have cap flexibility, draft picks and promising young players on their roster...Isiah never had that on any of his teams.

Great effort Melo, he puts 40+ points, is very active on the offensive and definitely won us the game... oh, wait. Knicks record with Melo scoring 35+ points = .565, which is below the Knicks record since Melo was traded to NY (.590).
    Last edited by Lercher; Dec 02, 2013 at 23:49.

Hey Metro, or should i call you MetroMelo?
    Did you say i present nothing to the table? LOL.
    Just read my post about team concept. That one post alone brings more to the table than all of your posts combined.

Man, looking back at the box score from Game 6 last year in INDY... Still pisses me off. Pacers shot FORTY-SIX FREE THROWS. Made 34 of them. We shot 18! We only had 7 fewer rebounds, even though we had more offensive rebounds. Sure, we shot some threes... But we made over 4-% that night. Not like they were driving to the hoop every possession. Knicks were perfect from the charity stripe... 18-18. If Indy only gets 36 free throws, still double what we were awarded... Knicks up 13 with 9 to play, and most likely we are playing a Game 7 in NY.

Veteran

28 million a year? LOL who would offer that contract? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me that.

I don't think Melo will be a lock down defender, his defense isn't Eddy Curry bad or Jamal Crawford bad so I'm not worried about Melo defensively. Do I want him to give 100% on defense and make plays? Of course. Am I expecting him highly to preform on defense every night? No, that's foolish.

It seems like you don't even know who Carmelo Anthony is. Since when Melo has become a lock down defender or people expected him to be?

Next thing you know, Ski wants Melo to average 7-8 assist per game like Melo..."Melo has to be a complete Superstar, make his teammates better, play point forward and create shots for the lesser player, run back on defense and block shots...make plays, statistics lie" - skisloper
    Metro based on your most recent post i think we are on the same exact page. YES I expect MELO to be something he is not. It seems to be that team Ball and team Defense is what wins games and basically you are saying Melo is very one dimensional....................If I am offering a Maz Contract i would want more for my money that,,,,,,,,Yes a player that will give 100% on the defensive end and will make his teammates better. Shame on me..... No dofferent then you are like Melo and respect his game for what it is......A scorer....but that does not win chammpionships

12th man

If Melo wants to take 12 million in order for the franchise to get a chance to sign a good player, I'm 100% begin it because

Wade and Bosh did the same thing Miami, and now the Heat recently have two championships.

I think Melo needs to find someone like CP3 or Rondo to join forces with and make a plan.

Only if Clippers were 3-13 right now and CP3 got tired of Doc Rivers...demanded a trade to New York.

12th man

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Hey Metro, or should i call you MetroMelo?
    Did you say i present nothing to the table? LOL.
    Just read my post about team concept. That one post alone brings more to the table than all of your posts combined.
    I think Metro is fine enough. Melocard would of been funnier.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Man, looking back at the box score from Game 6 last year in INDY... Still pisses me off. Pacers shot FORTY-SIX FREE THROWS. Made 34 of them. We shot 18! We only had 7 fewer rebounds, even though we had more offensive rebounds. Sure, we shot some threes... But we made over 4-% that night. Not like they were driving to the hoop every possession. Knicks were perfect from the charity stripe... 18-18. If Indy only gets 36 free throws, still double what we were awarded... Knicks up 13 with 9 to play, and most likely we are playing a Game 7 in NY.
    I remember the game seeing Lance Stephenson hacking everyone in site and barely getting called for any fouls, it was very Sacramento-Los Angeles in the early 00s, one of the saddest games I ever watched as a fan and the worst way to end the season. I despise Indiana as a team and the NBA as a league for it.

Veteran

SAS saying he is hearing Melo won't stay with the Knicks if he can get paid somewhere else. Might not be surprising news given the team struggling like it is but like SAS says the Knicks would be wise to trade him by trade deadline and get something back for him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]