Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 183848626364656667686970717273748898118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1791

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

Clippers would win a title this year if they swapped Melo with Griffin. CP3 and Melo compliment each other so well

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.
    Solid players dont like to feed another solid player.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Clippers would win a title this year if they swapped Melo with Griffin. CP3 and Melo compliment each other so well
    Yeah .. I can see CP3 pushin the ball up court in a transition fastbreak and Melo being the last teammate back jogging upcourt, or better yet CP3 complimenting Melo on defense for leaving his man wide open 3 times in a row.
    Dont forget HC Doc Rivers is goin to luv givin Melo several passes for arguing with the reffs while the ball is still in motion LMAO

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Melo is to be traded, I believe the Clippers and Griffin must be involved. I do not see Melo out of New York or LA. Melo is a great player but he needs solid players around him. We do not have them. I am all for a rebuild now.

How many owners are going to put the HC 1st and Melo 2nd ???

Melo does not improve his teammates talents, but he demands they play to his beat.
    Both LA teams knows this, and Jason Kidd made this awareness to the Brooklyn Nets organization.
    So the Knicks have to dig deep to find a small market team asap to take Melo out of New York.
    We are FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Lurker

Nyk Logo

Compare these two players in per 36 mins:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Compare Players - Per 36 Mins
    # Player Team Pos [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    1 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] F 25 2.4 5.8 8.2 2.6 0.9 0.7 2.2 2.7 22.40 23.8
    2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] F 27 2.2 8.0 10.2 3.1 1.0 0.7 2.7 3.5 22.98 20.1

Blake Griffin is better in DEF, REB, AST, STL, EFF.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ doesn't really matter. Griffin is an injury away from becoming Amare Stoudemire.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ doesn't really matter. Griffin is an injury away from becoming Amare Stoudemire.

Melo is 3yrs away from being completely washed up. I'll take my chances on youth

EDIT: We have no shot at getting Griffin

Superstar

As I have noted in other posts, I do not see a Melo trade this year unless he ends up with the Clippers. Because of his opt out and his and LaLa's love for the bright lights, no team will risk a less than one year rental. The Clippers, however, are over the cap this year and next year. The Clippers cannot absorb Melo as a free agent or in a trade without eliminating Paul or Blake or everyone else on the team. I do not see Melo with the Lakers. He does not complement Kobe and he and D'Antoni do not see eye to eye to put it mildly. And the Lakers are perhaps worse off going forward than the Knicks. I am all for a rebuild, but I do not see it now. I expect a re-sign of Melo and an attempt to reboot in 2015when we have a draft pick and will have cap space. In order to increase that cap space, I see us moving Shumpert. We will probably try to move Felton and JR, but that will not be easy. I do not like our future. I

Superstar

I'm all for trading Melo for picks but Blake isn't nearly as good as Carmelo. Those stats are because he has the best passer in the NBA on his team. How well could we get Blake the ball with the mighty Beno Udrih, Raymond Felton, and a Prone Prigioni?

Superstar

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I'm all for trading Melo for picks but Blake isn't nearly as good as Carmelo. Those stats are because he has the best passer in the NBA on his team. How well could we get Blake the ball with the mighty Beno Udrih, Raymond Felton, and a Prone Prigioni?

Dude Blake got the same numbers without CP3? He got numbers with Baron Davis…..Did you just start watching basketball/only stat check this season 5min ago?

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Dude Blake got the same numbers without CP3? He got numbers with Baron Davis…..Did you just start watching basketball/only stat check this season 5min ago?
    I'm not a big melo fan...HOWEVER... he is much more skilled then griffin... better shooter.... its no contest... as good a defender, as good a rebounder...

what he does not have is the supporting cast around him... its a one-man circus...

felton.. if he was white he could be the Pillsbury dough boy... beno..prig... the I-talian-- mr softy, all 7' of him... the chucker jr... kmart.. who's one step away from disaster... amare...ditto the kmart comment

so what we are left with is Tyson... a serviceable big man, "IF' he has a team around him...

won't grade the rook's....

so this is the team assembled not to go 1 or 2 round in may, but to compete in june..

who the fuk is steering this ship the capt of the costa Concordia???

12th man

lol...I bet everyone in this thread that Blake won't be as good as he is now when he hits 28 and that athleticism begins to decline.

12th man

Veteran

metro... nice video... even when the ball doesn't go in, griffin is a highlight reel...

Default Is your beef with Melo his contract/what you think the Knicks will give him?

While I'm not always happy with Anthony's play, I think I'm more concerned, at times subtly, about his next contract. While I'm not counting Melo out, he currently hasn't shown he's the kind of player for such a deal.

I think he should move the ball more, but I think it's his contract that might make his weaknesses seem worse than they are.