Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 193949636465666768697071727374758999 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1582

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

I have a feeling that even though he doesn't always play smart BB that Dolan won't let him go...he'll give him near what he wants

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    While I'm not always happy with Anthony's play, I think I'm more concerned, at times subtly, about his next contract. While I'm not counting Melo out, he currently hasn't shown he's the kind of player for such a deal.

I think he should move the ball more, but I think it's his contract that might make his weaknesses seem worse than they are.

Melo didnt GELL with any of his teammates in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 .. when u evaluate that kind of a top 40 minute performance in the past 4 seasons it spells CANCER .. just like Starbury.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Passes Per Game
    Anthony- 41.9
    George- 45.8
    James- 48.9
    Durant- 39.0

Touches Per Game
    Anthony- 70.0
    George- 70.1
    James- 72.2
    Durant- 65.6

Percentage of touches that result in passes

Anthony- 59%
    George- 65%
    James- 67%
    Durant- 59%

Anthony puts the ball in his teammates hands to make plays more often than the other guys or his teammates(JR Smith, Felton, Stoudimire) dont always shoot it off the pass from Anthony which is something we've seen especially with the double teams Melo draws.

Carmelo isn't in position to set up set teammates for shots other than draw double team and kick. George and James are in the pick n roll a lot and Durant comes off screens a ton which forces defenses to shift and create more passing lanes

This isn't Carmelo's flaw, but the flaw of the system. Carmelo is more than a capable passer.

People who cry about his "hero" tactics just will never understand Melo has to create his own offense because the lack of screens that are set for him and players being inept to take open shots.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Same here. I believe.

Dolan need to get rid of SCAT at all cost. He is dead weight.
    its easy... u just cut him... there is no other way...none...zero...nada.... too bad tooo... as he's one guy who works his tail off... but once the knee's go...

Great post, metro.

Veteran

You can't reason with the unreasonable Metro. No amount of stats will convince haters with an axe to grind. I am just enjoying one of the few pure scorers in the league putting in work in a Knicks uniform...the rest be damned

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Passes Per Game
    Anthony- 41.9
    George- 45.8
    James- 48.9
    Durant- 39.0

Touches Per Game
    Anthony- 70.0
    George- 70.1
    James- 72.2
    Durant- 65.6

Percentage of touches that result in passes

Anthony- 59%
    George- 65%
    James- 67%
    Durant- 59%

Anthony puts the ball in his teammates hands to make plays more often than the other guys or his teammates(JR Smith, Felton, Stoudimire) dont always shoot it off the pass from Anthony which is something we've seen especially with the double teams Melo draws.

Carmelo isn't in position to set up set teammates for shots other than draw double team and kick. George and James are in the pick n roll a lot and Durant comes off screens a ton which forces defenses to shift and create more passing lanes

This isn't Carmelo's flaw, but the flaw of the system. Carmelo is more than a capable passer.

People who cry about his "hero" tactics just will never understand Melo has to create his own offense because the lack of screens that are set for him and players being inept to take open shots.

Don't you know ISO-MELO is the reason for all the world's problems? Take your logic and facts elsewhere sir.

Default Carmelo Anthony Trade Value (THE REAL ASSESSMENT)

Franchise player or not, we're about to get Dwight Howard shafted....

It's hard to fathom but we have to really assess his trade value now versus the trade deadline.

This team is walking on pins and needles and it's not looking like we're on pace to winning more than 25 games this year. It doesn't appear like Melo is committed to staying onboard if this is all that this team can muster. To be frank, the losses have not been close to legitimize a "feel good loss", they have been blowouts - which means we flat out SUCK and don't show up.

Does it make sense to wait until the trade deadline? We WON'T have 20 wins by then. And Melo's apartment will be boxed up ready to move. Consider his age. He is on the slow decline with last year as the pivot of his prime. It really is. He's not conditioned that well.

Now,

Will ANY team really give up their assets for a player that is leaning on an impending Free Agency under such circumstances? It doesn't help that the Knicks record will be an abomination by then and seem DOOMED towards resigning someone who is looking to address his reputation NOW. Remember his age.

Why would a team trade to lose their assets for someone they can outright sign in a few months.

Knicks front office has to ADDRESS losing CARMELO ANTHONY NOW for PICKS AND COMPLIMENTARY PLAYERS versus NO OFFERS in February versus LOSING him for NOTHING in July.

This team is done. We all know it. It's not gonna turn around this season, the players don't play with a purpose. Soon enough, neither will Carmelo Anthony.

I'd get a new coach before anything. Woodson is a huge problem. This team has had a few key issues, but there's enough talent on this team in which they shouldn't be nearly this bad. They should at least be decent.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I'd get a new coach before anything. Woodson is a huge problem. This team has had a few key issues, but there's enough talent on this team in which they shouldn't be nearly this bad. They should at least be decent.
    Beginning to be this true. I saw the Lakers/Heat game today, and the Lakers were ahead a good part of the first half. Hey, considering their team has no one aside from Pau and Nick, now that Kobe is sidelined again...and they gave the heat a game. We have better talent then them i think, and we are never in a lot of these games.

We will get raped with Melo, so i don't see them trying to move him. Their probably hoping he stays cause LaLa likes NYC

No way Woodson is done he got no clue how to lead this team

i am sick of him he is keeping JR which is done

i dont know who is responsible for ISO in this team players or coach.

there is nothing in this team

i also saw Lakers Heat and it was everything heart % desire

these young players were fighting

Lakers will win both games with Knicks

and look @ STAT 1st two posessions when he came on floor 2x travelling

right now Knicks have key players injured so am waiting for back Pablo again

i am demanding trade by JR asap

Veteran

Good thread. Bunch of amateurs running the front office with an owner who has a history of making bad deals so don't expect them to make any deal that makes sense. I had mentioned in a previous thread that the Knicks need a GM like Danny Ainge and I saw an article that said this, hire someone like Ainge and stay out his way. That will never happen with the Knicks, Dolan has a history of firing his competent managers too quickly (Walsh and Grunny) and sticking with losers too long(Zeke).

Superstar

Put it this way…..we'll never get close to the package Denver got from us for Melo...

He's been

O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D.

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Does anyone think we'd be able to get a first rounder (2014) and a decent player for Melo at this point

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I can't even begin to believe that people are serious with the posts before this one.
    Not even worth wasting my time at this point.