Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2141516566676869707172737475767791101 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1771

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    STOP..JUST STOP with all this team MELO BS.

Even if we do bring in a young up and coming PG that likes to play TEAM ball, MELO & JR will run him out of town the same way he did with LIN. The LIN situation is a PERFECT example of how MELO can never co-exist with another star in the big apple.

How long has MELO been in the league? How much success in the playoffs again? There will never be 'good' enough team for MELO. MELO is selfish, ball-hogging, spotlight stealing player. Anyone that think he can ever be successful in this league need to take another puff.

What's so sad about the TEAM MELO raggamuffins…not only has Melo's track been about as porous as it gets from a so called Superstar this guy only has about 2-3yrs max(we won't be in contention then either) current level of play. I mean we've seen the best he has to offer. So while we contemplate paying him astronomical financial security his skill set is going to diminish along with his health.

Why on earth are they allowing themselves to be brainwashed by his mediocre level of play?

Not to mention you have individuals(lust more fans) from his own camp saying things like…..

"I see why fans hate Melo"…."I'm cool with not paying him if it comes down to it"

ROTFLOLMNOP90X!!!!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    STOP..JUST STOP with all this team MELO BS.

Even if we do bring in a young up and coming PG that likes to play TEAM ball, MELO & JR will run him out of town the same way he did with LIN. The LIN situation is a PERFECT example of how MELO can never co-exist with another star in the big apple.

How long has MELO been in the league? How much success in the playoffs again? There will never be 'good' enough team for MELO. MELO is selfish, ball-hogging, spotlight stealing player. Anyone that think he can ever be successful in this league need to take another puff.
    This is probably the most logical Melo hater in here and he yet still looks uneducated about the entire topic.

lol...Lin isn't even a top 15 PG, he will never be a star.
    He's a good player.

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    What's so sad about the TEAM MELO raggamuffins…not only has Melo's track been about as porous as it gets from a so called Superstar this guy only has about 2-3yrs max(we won't be in contention then either) current level of play. I mean we've seen the best he has to offer. So while we contemplate paying him astronomical financial security his skill set is going to diminish along with his health.

Why on earth are they allowing themselves to be brainwashed by his mediocre level of play?

Not to mention you have individuals(lust more fans) from his own camp saying things like…..

"I see why fans hate Melo"…."I'm cool with not paying him if it comes down to it"

ROTFLOLMNOP90X!!!!!!
    You're the only moron who thinks a 26 ppg 9 rpg season by a SF is medicore.

Unlike Griffin, Rose, and other guys who purely rely on their athleticism to be successful...

Melo's game is timeless.

He will be a 20 ppg scorer until age 37-38 like Jordan was.

He's averaging 26 ppg on 45% with a bum shoulder, I know you're salty because of that but you have to hold that.

When I made the Melo is the New Glen Robinson thread, it was obvious that first half of the season Melo was playing mediocre averaging 20 ppg on 40% FG

26 ppg on 44-45% FG isn't mediocre, when you say it is everyone should just skip by your post because they really begin to make no sense.

You've been on troll mode.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're the only moron who thinks a 26 ppg 9 rpg season by a SF is medicore.

Unlike Griffin, Rose, and other guys who purely rely on their athleticism to be successful...

Melo's game is timeless.

He will be a 20 ppg scorer until age 37-38 like Jordan was.

He's averaging 26 ppg on 45% with a bum shoulder, I know you're salty because of that but you have to hold that.

When I made the Melo is the New Glen Robinson thread, it was obvious that first half of the season Melo was playing mediocre averaging 20 ppg on 40% FG

26 ppg on 44-45% FG isn't mediocre, when you say it is everyone should just skip by your post because they really begin to make no sense.

You've been on troll mode.

His level of play is mediocre because it comes at the expense of TEAM sustained success. His numbers are only good for Melo therefore you see more 14-14 and 36-30 and 9-19 records(.500 and below) in comparison to a sizzle no steak 54-28 records. Hell Lin saved his arse the 36-30 season. We're only 24 games(dwindling) above .500 since acquiring him 3yrs ago.

If his stat whore numbers are what they're cracked up to be surely we should see results closer to an APEX instead of DUNGEON

This clown is DESCENDING!!!!

As far as Griffin goes then great we're not trading Melo for him so let's put those falsematic rumors to rest. Although Griffin's game is morphing into a broader skill set(because he's the better PLAYER). Apparently you didn't watch any of last night's game.

You need to watch more basketball and stop posting pure emotional, hearth throbbing, erroneous irresponsible bibble-babble.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Dec 27, 2013 at 11:47.

Originally Posted by Scribbles
    I am a fan of Melo but these are the stupidest stats. As if player touches mean he's doing everything possible to make his teammates better by passing the ball.

BOLOGNE.

Maybe Melo's ASSISTS aren't as high as people would like due to him juicing up that red clock.

I know that Melo passes the ball - last year he was doing it exceptionally well, but the issue is that its about when he chooses to pass it up.

He doesn't share the ball or allow movement amongst his teammates unless there's about 7 seconds on the shot clock. He isolates himself, does his dribble, jab, dribble, Pumpfake, then either chucks it up or hurries a pass that leads to bad shot selection due to time remaining and teammates not confident they can hurry a shot with 3 seconds left on the clock.

This is where his BALLHOGGING reputation stems from.

He's hurting his teammates' confidence.
    I agree with some of this post and metro's rebuttal.

Melo isn't a ballhog. Remember when Al Harrington was on the Knicks? He chucked everything in sight. I did like his heart though.

I agree with metro that Melo doesn't have the teammates who can score consistently. While I think some of it has to do with coaching, I do think he doesn't lead his teammates by trying to give them confidence sometimes. He's been much better the last few weeks with that. He passes up on double-teams a lot more than he used to. Melo trying to score on double-teams hasn't been working on this team even in the regular season against bad teams, so he should try to find some chemistry with his teammates even if it costs the team some games, try to fight through adversity by moving the ball. Him winning games all by himself hasn't been working. I think there's enough offensive talent on this team to be a lot better than this, which brings me to this...

I think a lot of it has to do with coaching. Look at his coaches on the Knicks...Woodson and D'Antoni. Is there any doubt that Kidd and the other long time veterans last season was a huge factor in the big positives for that team? J.R. last week shot the most threes in Knicks history, and D'Antoni wasn't coaching...

If the Knicks had a good coach and allowed Prigioni be the starter and World Peace to get good minutes, the team would be a lot better. Even Mike Breen doesn't hide who he thinks is the best PG on the team.

Sometimes with Melo it didn't seem like he was in rhythm either. When he shoots the fast Westbrook-style shot, he's not on. I've seen that several times this season. I don't know what the reason was. Injuries? Sick of the coaching and how the organization is run? He's not smiling like he used to. Has his motivation been deflated? Maybe the same thing is going on with Shumpert. Melo has gotten a lot of that rhythm back recently.

I do think Melo can do more than he is, he does have to make so changes, but this team is coached like CRAP.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Dec 27, 2013 at 12:47.

Veteran

His level of play is mediocre because it comes at the expense of TEAM sustained success. His numbers are only good for Melo therefore you see more 14-14 and 36-30 and 9-19 records(.500 and below) in comparison to a sizzle no steak 54-28 records. Hell Lin saved his arse the 36-30 season. We're only 24 games(dwindling) above .500 since acquiring him 3yrs ago.

If his stat whore numbers are what they're cracked up to be surely we should see results closer to an APEX instead of DUNGEON

This clown is DESCENDING!!!!

As far as Griffin goes then great we're not trading Melo for him so let's put those falsematic rumors to rest. Although Griffin's game is morphing into a broader skill set(because he's the better PLAYER). Apparently you didn't watch any of last night's game.

You need to watch more basketball and stop posting pure emotional, hearth throbbing, erroneous irresponsible bibble-babble.
    Did YOU WATCH that debacle on X-mas with Melo in street clothes???? I think YOU need to watch more games and stop posting your Haterade filled BS. Worst loss by a franchise playing on Xmas in NBA history tells me the Knicks are a lottery team without Melo. Really you are too new on KO.com to even have earned the right to have an opinion so just sit down somewhere and shut-up while the grown folks talk

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Did YOU WATCH that debacle on X-mas with Melo in street clothes???? I think YOU need to watch more games and stop posting your Haterade filled BS. Worst loss by a franchise playing on Xmas in NBA history tells me the Knicks are a lottery team without Melo. Really you are too new on KO.com to even have earned the right to have an opinion so just sit down somewhere and shut-up while the grown folks talk
    Whether he's new or not, he's a good poster. One of the best newcomers on this site.

I posted my opinion on Melo in my previous post in here, so you know where I stand, but 3G4G makes legitimate points. Our record with Melo isn't good at all. On Christmas Prigioni and World Peace didn't play either. I don't remember how much K-Mart played, even so, he just came off an injury. It's not like the entire team was there and healthy minus Melo. It's not just Melo's absence that hurt.

Superstar

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see images. ] +/-.-40

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Knicks aren't going to trade Melo. Firing coaches mid season is always a bad idea.

I appreciate you speaking on the specific nuances of the game but sorry gotta chin check your reply

Melo is guarded for the most part singularly with some help defense but guess what….there are lots of offensive players in this league where defenses have schemes built in, to be the second line of help.

The players I mentioned in my post above guard him for the most singularly until he gets in the paint(which once again is the scheme most defenses will use no matter who enters once they past the first line of defense)

Fact…..

Melo is guarded mano-a-mano by….

Battier
    George
    Lebron
    Deng
    Micheal Kidd Gilchrist
    Trevor Ariza
    Martell Webster
    Nicolas Batum
    Paul Milsap
    Alonzo Gee
    Corey Brewer
    Alan Anderson
    Thaddeus Young
    Jared Dudley
    Shawn Marion
    Al Farouq Aminu
    Wilson Chandler
    Josh Smith
    Chris Middleton
    Andre Iguodola
    Ersan Illyasova

Now to Melo's credit he's gotten the better of some of these guys in spurts, he may see different guys from a single team thrown at him…... but please let's stop acting like Melo is seeing 2-3 defenders(simultaneously or even staggered) every game. He's not. No need to perpetuate such a lie. One of the primary reasons we know this to be because Melo for the most part is lazy and has poor shot selection. He shoots tons of jumpers. He doesn't have 2 defenders constantly lunging at his jump shots. Melo is doubled about 25% of his games if that, which is no different than any other major offensive threat in this league.
    I'm gonna make this quick, cause this article does most of the heavy lifting:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's a video of the Bulls loading the court vs LeBron, WITH ONLY ONE PLAYER GUARDING HIM, and you can see the team's schematic at work:

From the right wing:

From the left elbow w/ way more off-the-ball movement than the Knicks EVER have:

Here's the defense loading the side of the court, taking away LBJ's options, even tho he's D'd up one on one:

kinda blurry:

Notice the defender standing just above the free throw line in both pictures, then notice how that spot of the court is filled, vacated, then filled again in this vid. Letting the offensive player run behind the 3-pt line, and they're kind of zoned up, in position to take away any drives to the middle.

Then notice the cross-court pass like I talked about in the previous post...all the while, there is never more than one person on LBJ once he re-posts on the left wing:

Now...factor in the non-existent ball movement the Knicks have, and wouldn't it be easy for defenses to guard him (seemingly 1-on-1) when his teammates are spacing behind the 3-pt line, and Tyson is not an offensive threat at the 5?

The Bulls defense always has trouble with the Spurs since Thibs has been there. The perpetual motion, ball movement, and several players touching the ball in several different spots of the court makes this defense have to move way more than it wants to.

Prigs doesn't just move the ball more, but he makes his teammates move, and the D can't just stand there. I'm not, in any way, saying the defenses of the NBA are as good as the Bulls "Strong-side load" defense. But it's easy to implement when the opponents JUST STAND THERE LOOKING AT ONE PLAYER.

Your list of names is wholly irrelevant.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Dec 27, 2013 at 15:58.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This post has no value since you're highly overrated Melo's teammates acting like they're all star caliber players when most of the players on his team are below the average starter in the NBA.

Stop overrating Melo's team desperately to make it look like Melo has flaws in being a team. It makes you look very unfamilar with the NBA and just your prototypical Melo hater.
    Pffff, and how do you think players can become All Stars? Putting the ball in the hoop with 7 seconds on the clock?

You're still not addressing the issue of WHEN Melo passes the ball and HOW he puts it in their hands.

He doesn't position his teammates to do better.

You keep choking on Melo's balls.

Your opinion is way too biased and a bit inflammatory if I may say. Sus.

Pffff, and how do you think players can become All Stars? Putting the ball in the hoop with 7 seconds on the clock?

You're still not addressing the issue of WHEN Melo passes the ball and HOW he puts it in their hands.

You keep choking on Melo's balls.

Your opinion is way too biased and a bit inflammatory if I may say. Sus.
    Must not know Metro for very long...Metro has the least most bias opinion of Melo lmao. You should check his thread history of the past 3 years.

Superstar

Remember last year fans were trying to give Melo overwhelming praise for getting what often proved to be phantom "HOCKEY ASSIST"

I mean what fan base reaches to those levels of desperation to defend a player? Guess what you don't hear anything this year about such assisting. Now the conversation has shifted to Melo's teammates are trash and he's infallible.

As far as giving up the rock to his teammates it's best described as

Melo pulling the pin on the basketball and launching it at a teammate….

12th man

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Our record with Melo isn't good at all.
    Our record with Raymond Felton isn't good at all.
    Our record with Jr. Smith isn't good at all.
    Our record with Andrea Bargnani isn't good at all.
    Our record with Amare Stoudemire isn't good at all.

Our record is a reflection of those players more than it is on Melo.

Whether people like to read this or not, the fact is every team Melo has been on has made the playoffs and have been a + .500 winning percentage team.

The more people act like Carmelo is Sharif Abdul Rahim the more people begin to look like the silliest version of themselves.

This team looks so sad with or without Melo. a lot of these Melo haters refuse to understand that. They believe Murraymania is going to happen like Linsanity. Murray has played well in garbage time and I hope he gets more minutes. But this team is really the worst in the NBA without Melo.

Most of these lines you wrote have no value in them, not worth quoting, but I'll quote two of them.

First one, you didn't need to write that. You had no point and it was just a defensive statement that went no where

Second line, Melo has to position his teammates better?

So do you want Melo to average 10 assist per game just to make sure low tier starters like JR Smith, Raymond Felton and Andrea Bargnani get some kind of confidence to play like their mediocre selves.

What is your point?

Why can't you just admit Knicks need a quality PG?
    Raymond Felton isn't even good enough to play back up PG in LAC, OKC, POR or even in Miami.

Why can't you just admit you're really going no where with this Melo hate and everything problem you have with Melo, you have the same problem with 95% of this roster to a more extreme degree but you don't have the balls and aren't man enough to admit Melo is playing with the possibly the WORST roster in the NBA for now and future.

You have to hold that man.
    I don't hold an allegiance to Melo, I was his biggest naysayer for 2 years on this website. I changed my opinion on my Melo when I was presented very well written facts by a couple members on this site...something that seems like you will never be able to do, so keep writing meaningless lines for no one to read.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Whether he's new or not, he's a good poster. One of the best newcomers on this site.

I posted my opinion on Melo in my previous post in here, so you know where I stand, but 3G4G makes legitimate points. Our record with Melo isn't good at all. On Christmas Prigioni and World Peace didn't play either. I don't remember how much K-Mart played, even so, he just came off an injury. It's not like the entire team was there and healthy minus Melo. It's not just Melo's absence that hurt.
    I respectfully disagree. Wasn't that MELO last year that led the Knicks to 54 wins, Atlantic Division title, playoff-semis, and NBA scoring title to boot. That's right how soon y'all mofos forget after Tyson gets hurt and the Knicks get off to a rough start like the rest of the Eastern Conf. I am north of 40 so I know what I'm watching when I see Melo play. The man is a threat as soon as he crosses the half court line with the ball. Melo has unlimited shooting range, can face you up, back you down, kill you from midrange or blow by you and finish. That's complete game people, no holes. I ain't going for that"he doesn't make his teammates better" bs either. That is the point guards job, not your top scoring forward. Hello....did Kareem make his laker teammates better? No. His job was to drop 30 a night worth of sky hooks while Magic did his thing dishing out the assist. I ain't gotta honor the latest newbie poster who just got done listing to Colin Cowheards' latest "Melo sucks" rant to regurgitate that crap here. This is still KO.com so bring something fresh. "Melo sucks" is played out and I ain't got no time for that.