Page 74 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2444546869707172737475767778798094104 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1769

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dr. J. acknowledges that Melo is a "horse" and perhaps one of the top 5 players in the league. Yet he agrees with the poll reflecting that 82% of the responders would not build a team around him. Melo is by far our best player. He just has no one around him that would command his respect. He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    1. Denver isn't a good team this year. Last year they were good because they had the best depth in the NBA. The Melo trade helped an already deep Denver team get deeper. They were going to be good regardless. You didn't blow nothing up.

Yes I did because between all of Mozgov's DNP's and Chandler and Gallo missing near 1/3 to half of season they accomplished that feat mostly without what we gave them.

In Melo's second season as a player the Nuggets were at one point 17-24 until the team fired Bizdelik….interim Micheal Cooper and then hired George Karl who went on to post like a 30-6 coaching record that year. Denver pretty much never looked back since. Denver fires Karl this past summer and they're struggling some(same depth)….I think we have our answer as to who was largely responsible for Denver's success. They only made it to the WCF 1 during Melo's time there and of course that was because of the addition of Billups, who mind you finished 6th place in MVP voting that season and Melo wasn't even a nominee….lol!

Billups numbers that post-season run was nearly other worldly.

But of course with Melo polluting your face you can't see all the intel necessary to make logical and reasonable arguments. No one said Melo is a bad player. He's just not good as you and others think he is, therefore monumental gross miscalculations on assessment. I mean not for nothing this is all evidence of where things stand and how pathetic Melo's tenure is here, when you try and stack it against his results in Denver. Once again Denver is Denver it's not New York therefore it shouldn't matter to you what he did there, the only concern is what he's doing here…..

Man where is Jeremy Lin and/or another coach firing in order to save Melo when he needs it, to keep his lobbyist from jumping off bridges.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Dec 31, 2013 at 16:18.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

Many players in this league need the same prescription….so what makes Melo any more unique?

Absolutely Nothing!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Yes I did because between all of Mozgov's DNP's and Chandler and Gallo missing near 1/3 to half of season they accomplished that feat mostly without what we gave them.

In Melo's second season as a player the Nuggets were at one point 17-24 until the team fired Bizdelik….interim Micheal Cooper and then hired George Karl who went on to post like a 30-6 coaching record that year. Denver pretty much never looked back since. Denver fires Karl this past summer and they're struggling some(same depth)….I think we have our answer as to who was largely responsible for Denver's success. They only made it to the WCF 1 during Melo's time there and of course that was because of the addition of Billups, who mind you finished 6th place in MVP voting that season and Melo wasn't even a nominee….lol!

Billups numbers that post-season run was nearly other worldly.

But of course with Melo polluting your face you can't see all the intel necessary to make logical and reasonable arguments. No one said Melo is a bad player. He's just not good as you and others think he is, therefore monumental gross miscalculations on assessment. I mean not for nothing this is all evidence of where things stand and how pathetic Melo's tenure is here, when you try and stack it against his results in Denver. Once again Denver is Denver it's not New York therefore it shouldn't matter to you what he did there, the only concern is what he's doing here…..

Man where is Jeremy Lin and/or another coach firing in order to save Melo when he needs it, to keep his lobbyist from jumping off bridges.
    dude, did Melo just fire back at you on twitter?

Default Rest Melo on this road trip

I know they are trying to rush Melo back, but i think its stupid. We have little chance of winning one of these games. What if we rush him, he hurts or even breaks his ankle. There goes our options with Melo, and the Knicks should test the market

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Yea, we have to preserve Melo and let someone buy big on him. If we can get expiring and 2-3 first round picks, we'll be good. I'll settle for 2. If we just get one then we screwed ourselves. I think Clippers will buy for Melo.

crap i'd settle for 1 first rounder and a young quality player .... for Melo . We can't take the chance that he walks, though i don't see him walking, when he can make millions more here. Guess it all depends on if he's serious about winning a championship. Do you see any of the top 10 teams willing to give up say example a Butler from Chicago and their first round pick for Melo

Melo-Deng-Rose-Noah-Boozer....not a bad line up. Move Deng to SG

Veteran

melo makes 21m, butler 1m... Chicago has to give us a lot more to make the salaries equal...

that's the killer in trying to deal melo... u have to equalize (almost) the salaries... so we get rid of melo, and take back lots of 'trash'...

we are fuk'd... if we let him go we got nuthin..., n if we pay him, he's still surrounded next year..two..three.. with trash...
    bags for next year...jr for two years...felton for 3years...the schmuck n the prick for 2 and 3yrs...

happy new year from steve mills n jimmy dolan...

can u remember Lin during Linsanity? bout 500k after siging to Rockets 25m now they wana cut from him too.

So it sounds like Melo will either be a part of our next 6 year plan regardless....unless he bolts and we get nothing. I think when he plays with other stars and he doesn't have to be "The Man" he'd be fine. Wasn't he the leading scorer in the Olympics a few years ago, and the other stars knew how to play off him...Thats what we need...Good Luck Knicks finding the pieces

Veteran

All veteran GM are not going to F with Carmelo Anthony in a trade or as a FA ..
    GM Kiki Vandeweigh drafted Melo, and stole 3 first rounders from the next team (in Camby, Nene, and Andre Miller) to guide rookie Melo to a .500 season. Kiki also picked up a walking Chris Anderson who earned the name "Birdman" in Melo's rookie season.
    Melo had GM Kiki Vandeweigh FIRED.

Team-owners do the trading for 2 year $40M plus contracts.
    And like I said above, none of the owners veteran GM want to b apart of a Melo-trade.
    Even a 22 yr career (with no big trade) GM Donnie Walsh said, "no no no to the Melo-trade".

GM Dolan have $88M invested in this TANKING season, and $92M in next season.
    Having a 30 win season with above $75M salary cap means ur most minute star-player is cancer to his teammates.
    GM Dolan didnt understand the $100M salary-cap with Isiah's/Starbury's 23 win seasons, so expect GM Dolan to do the same with Woodson's/ISO-Melo

So kiya what do you think a smart GM would do to turn around our nightmare..or is there any hope before all these terrible contracts expire/go away

Honestly i find myself rooting for the these guys (Murry, Hardaway, Udrih and hopefully Tyler)

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dr. J. acknowledges that Melo is a "horse" and perhaps one of the top 5 players in the league. Yet he agrees with the poll reflecting that 82% of the responders would not build a team around him. Melo is by far our best player. He just has no one around him that would command his respect. He needs a Chris Paul and perhaps at least another viable offensive option around him. It is not that he is only a Robin to a Batman. He needs a second Batman plus a Robin. We cannot give it to him.

The subject was can u build around Melo? 82% of a poll said Hell-No!
    Dr. J comment as an analyst was being fare to last seasons top-scorer (Melo).
    But as a player, Dr. J would not welcome Melo's no-defense, no transitition-skills, and ball-hoggin performance as one of his teammates in the ABA or NBA. Paul Westphal & World B Free were high scoring ball-hoggers that never played defense, untill they became teammates with Dr. Julius Erving.

Carmelo Anthony is not Batman or Robin ....
    Melo is the Allan Houston with Ewing & Sprewell ..
    Melo is the Kukoc with Rodman, Pippin, Jordan ..

Melo being a top 5 scorer in the league is all true.
    Melo being one of the top 5 known NBA players in the league is all true.
    The sematic bullshiiiii of Melo being a top 5 player is pure BULLSHiiiii
    A top 10 player gets his teammates to play with him, not against him.
    Dwight Howard was a Top 10 player in the league, untill his teammates started playing against him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    So kiya what do you think a smart GM would do to turn around our nightmare..or is there any hope before all these terrible contracts expire/go away
    that's a good question.. thank god we have one of those...smart GM... steve mills... I am predicting it 1st ... rite here on knicksonline......

we will be in the hunt for the eastern crown....

Veteran

in 2020....