Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2848587273747576777879808182838498108 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    And, for what it's worth, Melo has already announced he is going to be a free agent. Melo leaving the Knicks seems a lot more likely than it was Lebron leaving his home town and winning Cleveland team a few years ago.

MELO DOES NOT HAVE BALLS TO GO INTO FREE AGENCY.............HE WILL SIGN A MAX CONTRACT WITH THE KNICKS WHEN HE CAN............come on guys this is like JR will learn to be a team player....people d not change their stripes..
    MELO in NY equals a MAX CONTRACT and NY spotlight
    Melo in FA is no sure thing of where he winds up and for what price...

MELO WILL BE KNICK LIKE IT OR NOT FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS

I think the Melo hate or dislike comes from his max contract. There might others reasons too, but the thing that I might get caught up in in not being satisfied with Melo's performances is his contract.

Let's chop a few million off his contract now. He was last season's scoring champion, was a big part in the 54 win season, was a big part of getting the Knicks to game 6 of the second round of the Playoffs, and this season he stepped up big time in rebounding.

Is he a ballhog? No. Is there times where he should have passed? Yes. Al Harrington was a ballhog, and being with D'Antoni didn't help, much like Woodson and J.R. is bad (much worse than D'Antoni and Harrington, D'Antoni loved the three ball way too much and didn't seem to be biased towards Harrington). You know why people don't/didn't bring Harrington up as much as Melo? 'Cause Melo is a max contract player who is labeled a lot as a superstar. Forget the max contract, forget the superstar label, what he is is an exceptional player.

Melo also plays hurt a lot. I know it's easy for us, including myself, to look past at, because we see better players play better even while hurting, but it's not fair to compare Melo to others players. Melo is an exceptional player regardless, on a team that has lost a lot of key players from last season, J.R. has regressed massively for whatever reason, and Woodson is a terrible coach.

Melo isn't perfect, he has flaws which holds him back as being a true max contract player, but he's an exceptional NBA player.

The team has played a lot better since the little break, and if it continues, Melo could get a chance to get a lot of deserved praise since he will be getting a lot more help from his teammates.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I think the Melo hate or dislike comes from his max contract. There might others reasons too, but the thing that I might get caught up in in not being satisfied with Melo's performances is his contract.

Let's chop a few million off his contract now. He was last season's scoring champion, was a big part in the 54 win season, was a big part of getting the Knicks to game 6 of the second round of the Playoffs, and this season he stepped up big time in rebounding.

Is he a ballhog? No. Is there times where he should have passed? Yes. Al Harrington was a ballhog, and being with D'Antoni didn't help, much like Woodson and J.R. is bad (much worse than D'Antoni and Harrington, D'Antoni loved the three ball way too much and didn't seem to be biased towards Harrington). You know why people don't/didn't bring Harrington up as much as Melo? 'Cause Melo is a max contract player who is labeled a lot as a superstar. Forget the max contract, forget the superstar label, what he is is an exceptional player.

Melo also plays hurt a lot. I know it's easy for us, including myself, to look past at, because we see better players play better even while hurting, but it's not fair to compare Melo to others players. Melo is an exceptional player regardless, on a team that has lost a lot of key players from last season, J.R. has regressed massively for whatever reason, and Woodson is a terrible coach.

Melo isn't perfect, he has flaws which holds him back as being a true max contract player, but he's an exceptional NBA player.

The team has played a lot better since the little break, and if it continues, Melo could get a chance to get a lot of deserved praise since he will be getting a lot more help from his teammates.
    1st metro with a common sense post, and now another one...

STOP IT.... I can't take logical/common sense postings...

If nothing else its good to see that a large majority of agree.....Carmelo>Flake

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G

Lebron leaving Cleveland give me a break that was believable to the extent he was entering free agency and looking forward to it, for crying out loud.

The Lebron leaving Cleveland rumor started 2 yrs before he left.
    In 2008, Knicks new GM Donnie Walsh announced his "2010 Plan" which included Lebron coming to New York.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    View PostGUYS wake up and smell the coffee! We suck and Melo is nearing 30 years old. He wants to win. Not lose in embarassing fashion game after game.

Put yourself in his shoes and stop thinking like a fan...

Play on an A level team with superstar help or play on a C level team with no help. Come on. Money doesn't matter when you play with your best friends that are all stars with you, just look at the Heat.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha

Since when did Melo ever show that he is a Winning Postseason player in his 11 yr career in the NBA???
    NEVER...

We suck when we run a 48 minute ISO-Melo system .. Melo has never been a 4th qtr. scorer vs .500 oponents.
    Melo's slow-ball system always give oponents more offensive-possession than us in a game.
    Melo's holding the ball for 6 to 12 seconds to go one on one vs oponents has been killing us, how long does Melo expect for teammates to pick and screen for him when Melo never does it for any of his teammates .. thats why Melo has a career of being a first-round playoff player .. Melo's teammates has never went to the next level for him...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo has never been that bad of a defender.
    I've watched tons of knicks games. Maybe he'll get beat back door a few times and hes labeled lazy..Yet when I watch Lebron or the other so called "elites" they get beat back door nobody says anything.
    I'm not saying Melo is an elite defender but he's not bad on the level of Amare/Andrea

The crazy thing is, statistically last year, he was an elite post defender.
    Players scored sub 40% on him in the post. Around 37% I believe.
    But you'd never hear anyone mention it though.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I've watched tons of knicks games. Maybe he'll get beat back door a few times and hes labeled lazy..Yet when I watch Lebron or the other so called "elites" they get beat back door nobody says anything.
    I'm not saying Melo is an elite defender but he's not bad on the level of Amare/Andrea

Metro I do not think anyone questions Melo's ability.......We have seen him shutdown Lebron .......The issue is just at times he becomes lazy and I guess when you do not have a championship ring on your finger how can one accept that....

I don't think it'd be fair to call it laziness considering the minutes he logs every game.
    He plays while injured, and is consistently worn out with the minutes Woodson puts on him.

I give him credit for motivating this team since his return, doing a better coaching job than Woodson has done.
    He needs the right coach and supporting players to get to that next level.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Metro I do not think anyone questions Melo's ability.......We have seen him shutdown Lebron .......The issue is just at times he becomes lazy and I guess when you do not have a championship ring on your finger how can one accept that....

I completely agree. Even in Denver i think he was always at least a little above average defensively, the media and puppet fans portray him as being Amare like defensively. I don't know why Carmelo gets the short end of the shaft (no homo). Durant, Lebron, etc. get calls if you breathe on them and they're both considered far superior to Melo defensively

My only complaints about Melo defensively is when he complains about a call and doesnt get back but hes been doing alot better with that lately. It seemed for a while like he would do that once or twice every game. And he occasionally doesn't rotate.

I dont really have interest in pointing out his weaknesses but they're almost always exaggerated. He's a great player no matter how its broken down and most teams would be lucky to have KingMelobury7. I gotta hit you back with some green rep once I re-up

12th man

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I completely agree. Even in Denver i think he was always at least a little above average defensively, the media and puppet fans portray him as being Amare like defensively. I don't know why Carmelo gets the short end of the shaft (no homo). Durant, Lebron, etc. get calls if you breathe on them and they're both considered far superior to Melo defensively

My only complaints about Melo defensively is when he complains about a call and doesnt get back but hes been doing alot better with that lately. It seemed for a while like he would do that once or twice every game. And he occasionally doesn't rotate.

I dont really have interest in pointing out his weaknesses but they're almost always exaggerated. He's a great player no matter how its broken down and most teams would be lucky to have KingMelobury7. I gotta hit you back with some green rep once I re-up
    I think Melo is the only dude in the league who can give LeBron a challenge like he did tonight with the TNT Thursday game vs Miami. Too bad I missed it because I had to attend my grandfather's wake.

Veteran

Melo was great last night on both ends of the floor matched up against Crybaby Bron. I like the baseline drive facial served by Melo in Brons teeth esp. Notice Spo started having Melo picked off to ISO Crybaby on Bargs instead of Melo. And you wanna talk about crying after calls? How about when Melo stripped Crybaby Bron on a drive in the 4th quarter and the ball went off Bron Knicks ball. Crybaby snatched his pacifier out and cried so long it should have been a tech. Even Chuck and Kenny had to shut up after the game because the crap they could say at the half was "well Melo was not efficient shooting 6-16" sounding like the Melo haters around here. How about closing the game at 50% shooting and those weren't gimme layups like Crybaby gets, but bombs dropping from all over the court. Chuck was just mad his Auburn scrubs blew the BCS title game lol anything to add to that 3GDummy or did that sum up Melo's performance last night????

Veteran

I think Melo is the only dude in the league who can give LeBron a challenge like he did tonight with the TNT Thursday game vs Miami. Too bad I missed it because I had to attend my grandfather's wake.
    Sorry to hear about your Grandfather It was a great game Melo clowned on crybabyBron 3GDummy will have to find some new material; I am sure Colin Cowherd and the rest of the Melo hating media hoars will drum up something prolly attack LaLa lol

12th man

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Sorry to hear about your Grandfather It was a great game Melo clowned on crybabyBron 3GDummy will have to find some new material; I am sure Colin Cowherd and the rest of the Melo hating media hoars will drum up something prolly attack LaLa lol
    Good to see our young boy Tim Hardaway Jr represent and dunk it down on a legend like Ray Allen, you can tell Timmy wants to be a star in this league, I dont think he wants to settle for being a back up. I watched some recordings of the game and I got to say Felton has played his best game of the year, I know I been hard on him but I hope Felton continues to give us great offensive games with 9-11 assist, we need it from him.

I think Anthony will continue to get hate from these media clowns because he's not a puppet like Blake Griffin, LeBron or even Irving. Melo is just going to be Melo and I think personally thats something a lot of the guys at ESPN are going to hold but will never accept.

Veteran

Yep Ray Ray ended up on Timmy JR's poster lol and JR learned the KNICKS can with his butt planted firmly on the end of the BENCH( a coaches best friend).