Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314283858 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I respect Lupica but the excitement about the Knicks and Melo is undeniable.

Look at KOL, new members, more of them logging on, that Melodrama thread was the longest I've seen in 6 years.

DWill and CP3 saying they want to come to NY now.

MSG is going to rock every night.

The Knicks will be a regular on national TV like Miami, LA and Boston.

This one trade has made the Knicks relevent again.
    That's true! Everyone will be talking Knicks. Doesn't change the fact that the process was inane.

The immediate is exciting. That can't be denied. I'm as geared up as, if not more so, for the home game V Milwaukee than anyone. Chauncey Billups, I think, will display his natural savvy in a game of 'feelers'.

Unfortunately, there are downsides to the rejoicing. Anyone who denies that is drunk on themselves. I know there were always going to be downsides, but it was the unscrupulousness of Dolan that made this a classless and over-costly affair.

A quick look at the issues:

-Walsh and MD undermined.
    -Looming FO implosion.
    -Dolan's going to think he's on a role and become more active.
    -Isiah still broods in the dark.
    -All those picks: gone.
    -Balkman's contract
    -And most dastardly is the unknown▽
    -C.
    -B.
    -A.

We came out on the wrong side of the equilibrium, without a structural buttress for the future, IMO. That is for now, at least. Have to wait until it's dictated for us rather than prepare for it.

The most brilliant thing, aside from Melo and Billups, is that we kept Fields. I am loving that.

Could be a costly win.

Good sides and bad.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    That's true! Everyone will be talking Knicks. Doesn't change the fact that the process was inane.

The immediate is exciting. That can't be denied. I'm as geared up as, if not more so, for the home game V Milwaukee than anyone. Chauncey Billups, I think, will display his natural savvy in a game of 'feelers'.

Unfortunately, there are downsides to the rejoicing. Anyone who denies that is drunk on themselves. I know there were always going to be downsides, but it was the unscrupulousness of Dolan that made this a classless and over-costly affair.

A quick look at the issues:

-Walsh and MD undermined.
    -Looming FO implosion.
    -Dolan's going to think he's on a role and become more active.
    -Isiah still broods in the dark.
    -All those picks: gone.
    -Balkman's contract
    -And most dastardly is the unknown▽
    -C.
    -B.
    -A.

We came out on the wrong side of the equilibrium, without a structural buttress for the future, IMO. That is for now, at least. Have to wait until it's dictated for us rather than prepare for it.

The most brilliant thing, aside from Melo and Billups, is that we kept Fields. I am loving that.

Could be a costly win.

Good sides and bad.
    All true. Forget about the picks. We always deal picks. Sure, we dealt 2 second rounders... but the 1st round pick we got only b/c we were dealing it. We do have a first rounder this year at least.

Still, we got Carmelo. This was our only hope... if stopping MIA is a goal. Without 'Melo... this team is a 35-45 win team, a group that has no chance to win anything beyond a first round series.

Knicks now have 2 of the top ten/fifteen players... 2 of the best offensive players (at least scoring SF/PF). If you're going to have D'antoni as your coach, might as well arm him with lethal offensive talent.

LIKE WITH AMAR'E... dont underestimate the will of Carmelo, and his competitive juices. People cried that STAT was a product of Nash, but look at how he changed that perception.

Basketball has 5 players on the court. We know have 2 legit potential future HOF players IN THEIR PRIME.

Only DOLAN can screw this up, right.

So, the fear should not be what we gave up, it should be b/c we do not trust Dolan (and Thomas) to be able to finish the deal, and we're doomed for more heartache at the hands of CHI/MIA.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Wow the Knicks haven't learned s**t. Who the heck are our starters.
    felton fields gallo amare moz>>>billups fields melo amare turiaf?????

Originally Posted by mafra

So, the fear should not be what we gave up, it should be b/c we do not trust Dolan (and Thomas) to be able to finish the deal, and we're doomed for more heartache at the hands of CHI/MIA.
    I think we both know that this goes beyond what Dolan and Thomas can control. Whether they're able or unable to do so.

Anyone know if Melo and crew will play on Wednesday? Or will we have like no players to play against the Bucks?

And still curious to see what number he chooses.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Anyone know if Melo and crew will play on Wednesday? Or will we have like no players to play against the Bucks?

And still curious to see what number he chooses.
    Depends on physicals taking place in time and the NBA quickly approving the trade.

If not, it will be a very weird game tomorrow.

When do we expect teh league to approve the deal?

Originally Posted by quiggle
    I read he's wearing #7... hope the people who bought that can get a refund.

Default Melo Is A Fraud

Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.

-__- really???? This again......

Originally Posted by la2ny
    -__- really???? This again......
    Total Posts: 1,338 (9.13 posts per day) Dude get a life all these posts and nothing to show for i've been here 2 years you 1 why so much posts?

no life

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Total Posts: 1,338 (9.13 posts per day) Dude get a life all these posts and nothing to show for i've been here 2 years you 1 why so much posts?

no life
    Is that all you got, really?? When all you do is post fraud threads about everyone and I need a life woooooowww...

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.
    The funny part of this sort of logic is that one could easily have argued that if you added Amare to the Melo Nuggets they would have been an easy title contender. You can't have it both ways. Melo is a great player he is universally regarded as such throughout the NBA amongst the coaches & players alike. So what that he acts like a primadonna so does Kobe Bryant so does Lebron James. Stars with that type of talent are all arrogant pricks.

This *****...

Originally Posted by STAT1
    The funny part of this sort of logic is that one could easily have argued that if you added Amare to the Melo Nuggets they would have been an easy title contender. You can't have it both ways. Melo is a great player he is universally regarded as such throughout the NBA amongst the coaches & players alike. So what that he acts like a primadonna so does Kobe Bryant so does Lebron James. Stars with that type of talent are all arrogant pricks.
    KOBE AND LEBRON BRING THE WHOLE PACKAGE D, PASSING AND OFFENSE.

MELO BRINGS THEM WHEN HE FEELS LIKE. I SAID ADD AMARE TO THE ROSTER THE NUGGETS HAVE NOW INSTEAD OF KMART.. THAT'S WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO