Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 32526276777879808182838485868788102112 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1216
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [QUOTE=metrocard;281911]the deal with those stats is just based on the fact our guys hitting those shots Melo sets up for them. Smith and Felton miss a lot of shots. The easy assist would normally be a pick and roll off to Stat or Tyson but they can't stay healthy.

    Bargnani is a terrible offensive option.[/QUOTES

    Of course they have to hit the open shots but do you not see so many times during a game where Melo is either bringing up the ball only to pass off to the PG and wastes 10 seconds off the clock OR he gets the ball in one on one isolation and eats 12 seconds off the clock and then passes it away..........Melo not every time but at least 50% of the time stops the ball movement.....I go to alot of Knicks games and it is painful to watch......We have no ball flow.....We agree we need a better PG but to me Pablo and Udrich do the trick.....MELO just cant hold the ball...


    For you to say Griffin has Reddick, Crawford < dudley is just absurd.....The difference is the Clippers run and slash and our offense is just stagnant.....The question is if Melo and Griffin switched last night would the Clippers be the boring team to watch.......

    Melo is an incredible player I just this his Basketball IQ as a team player is just lower then it needs to be for a guy to make his teamates better,

  2. #1217
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Read more at:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    There will be no greater indicator of Melo's value then FA.
    My bet is Melo does not wait for FA and signs a Max Deal with the Knicks....
    It is funny to see Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and Nate all putting up nice numbers for the Nuggets.....I know Melo's trade only involved Mozgov but its funny seeing ex-Knikcs thriving,,,,,,,,

    How great it would have been if Melo just waited for FA like he says he's willing to do now......
    We could have done a sign and trade with Melo with some strength as opposed to giving up ASSETS that we could have used to Help MELO.

  3. #1218
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    The Knicks need to TRADE Carmelo Anthony so the TEAM could play above .500 b.ball, and get pass the first round.

  4. #1219
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Our record is 15 - 25 .. with Carmelo Anthony averaging 40 minutes per game, shooting 21 shots per game on 42%

  5. #1220
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Anthony is having a nice season but its hard for us to really get a grip on it. Last game he had great numbers, but he shot 4-26 FG, not granted some are hard fouls, so lets say 6-24...still only 24%. Yes, i believe he still is a good piece to the puzzle, and at times i know he forces his shot. Face it, he doesn't trust his teamates very much. I would tell Melo, lets eat this year, and start planning for next. Bust up this team ASAP. Get what you can for Tyson Chandler while you can. Try to put a package together with Chandler/Shump/Bargs/Felton to get started. I included Shump because i feel him included would help move the trade. We should get 2 pretty decent players in return to build with...

  6. #1221
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There will be no greater indicator of Melo's value then FA.
    My bet is Melo does not wait for FA and signs a Max Deal with the Knicks....
    It is funny to see Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and Nate all putting up nice numbers for the Nuggets.....I know Melo's trade only involved Mozgov but its funny seeing ex-Knikcs thriving,,,,,,,,

    How great it would have been if Melo just waited for FA like he says he's willing to do now......
    We could have done a sign and trade with Melo with some strength as opposed to giving up ASSETS that we could have used to Help MELO.
    The trade involved Chandler too along with a myriad of other assets including Randolph and Gallo who are on the Nuggets squad.

  7. #1222
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Our record is 15 - 25 .. with Carmelo Anthony averaging 40 minutes per game, shooting 21 shots per game on 42%
    Our record is 15-25 because we have Raymond Felton, JR Smith, Amare Stoudmire, Beno Udrih and Andrea Bargnani as a core to "help" Melo. You're too much of a coward right now to be realistic and understand Melo is the best thing we have on this team and he's surrounded by a bunch of losers....Melo hasn't made any fuss and has been professional about the whole thing too.

    Godforbid Melo says something off in the media, you and 3G will on it and say Melo is a cancer to the locker when he's given this team 40 minutes a night of hard basketball playing out of position and being the best rebounder on this team and has picked up his defense and has probably been the best defender recently.

  8. #1223
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There will be no greater indicator of Melo's value then FA.
    My bet is Melo does not wait for FA and signs a Max Deal with the Knicks....
    It is funny to see Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and Nate all putting up nice numbers for the Nuggets.....I know Melo's trade only involved Mozgov but its funny seeing ex-Knikcs thriving,,,,,,,,

    How great it would have been if Melo just waited for FA like he says he's willing to do now......
    We could have done a sign and trade with Melo with some strength as opposed to giving up ASSETS that we could have used to Help MELO.
    Gallo, Chandler sadly are too injury prone to be a serious impact on team.

    Personally they were my favorite Knicks prospects and I had high hopes for them, especially Gallo. I was sadden when Gallo was traded but looking at their careers; they're some of the most fragile guys at their position and they're very young into their career. Imagine when they get older how will their bodies be able to handle the 82 game every season? Injuries is a huge factor in the game and I believe we should try to find more durable players who can take the punishment of a NBA season. We're lucky Melo isn't out for the season because Woodson plays Melo the beyond the max of minutes Melo needs to play.

    Melo only needs 36 minutes per game. 40 is too much.

  9. #1224
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A star refers to a player who makes the all star team.

    DeRozan this season:
    21.2 ppg
    4.6 rpg
    3.2 asp

    He lacks a 3pt shot, but he's been Raptors go to guy and Raptors are leading the crappy atlantic. He'll probably make the all star he probably won't. He's already miles ahead of JR Smith, JR Smith never had a season close to DeMarr.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    DeRozan is ranked 2nd in overall production at his position.
    JR is ranked 32nd. Iman is ranked 31st, but we know Iman > JR, even Francisco Garcia > JR.

    6th man of the year means nothing. DeMarr is the better talent, more productive and just has a better future over JR because DeMarr actually works hard on his game and doesn't get in trouble like Smith. Smith is wasted talent and now he's a scrub. This is a terrible comparison and you're desperate for even trying to convince anyone in the forum Smith > Derozan. Now we know how warped your mind is.

    3G4G, LeBron wouldn't even help the Knicks win games. This roster is bottom tier. Just because Melo's team is low tier doesn't mean he isn't a star.

    Tracy McGrady averaged 28 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 apg on 41% FG and 33% 3PT shooting, his team went 21-61 that 03-04 season. This was before they drafted Howard. T'Mac was still an all star and at 24 he best believe he still held the star status.
    You're a nobody so who you call a star or not has no value. Your mentality is warped and your vision is filled with too much poisonous hatred.

    Melo is extremely flawed, but Knicks had their best season in recent history since 97' under Melo and won 54 games? Melo has been on numerous 50 win teams and guess what? He was by far the best player on the team. He hasn't stump any franchise. He brought hype and great basketball to New York, the franchise itself couldn't deliver and secure a good team around Melo.

    Melo is as flawed as Dominique Wilkins who's a hall of famer that has never "won" big.
    You know what's funny?
    Dominique and Melo had the same production.
    Nique was never Jordan and Melo was never James, but both of those guys had hall of fame careers. They're stars and they always keep their teams competitive.
    In fact, Melo started his career at 19 where as Nique started it at 23. Melo has 5-7 more years left in his career.
    Either way, your argument holds no weight, Melo holds that star power and his performance speaks for himself. 26 ppg and 9 rpg at the SF is star production no question.

    Prime Steve Nash can't help this team.
    JR Smith too streaky.
    Felton, Stat, Barg, Chandler too injury prone.

    Shumpert and Hardaway Jr. would thrive off Nash, no question.

    But when you get Nash, you get one of the worst defensive PG's in NBA history. Our defense is already bad, and Nash isn't playing with prime Amar'e Stoudemire, so that's non-sense.


    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Now you're reaching and getting desperate. Read the title of your thread….

    It clearly says…."Knick Need Another Star To Help Anthony"….key word in your title is "STAR"

    Although J.R. has been a disaster this year he's no more less a talent than Derozan go compare their career numbers. Has Derozan won a 6th Man award yet(I know, I know, I know he's a starter)….still get back to me on end of season awards he's won. Is Derozan a "STAR"?….Unequivocally... the answer is NO!

    Is Ibaka a "STAR"? NO! Didn't Chandler beat him out for DPOY? For the record Ibaka is having a down year too.

    As far as the rest of the players I mentioned I was naming the next best players that exist on the team, devoid of the best. Clearly many of whom I listed aren't "STARS", meaning the teams they are on have no STARS at present….. which only makes my case that much stronger as you along with so many tards think Melo is a true NBA star.

    I think Melo is a good basketball player but it ends right there….but one who also is extremely flawed. Matter of fact he's so flawed, his skills has managed to stump 2 different franchises and several different GMs as to what it takes to put pieces around him and win big. 12yrs and counting!!!!!

    Melo wish he was clutch like ISO Joe

    LMAO at mentioning Blake's roster…..let me dismantle that trash of a rebuttal.

    First of all Redick has been injured for about half the season, if not more with a broken hand.

    "Jared you mean the guy who last year….. the great Iman Shumpert wouldn't be traded for along with a couple 2nd rd picks Dudley"….. is help for Griffin? Dudley is having a down year and has only recently picked up his game.

    You mean Crawford who J.R. beat out last year for 6th Man Of The Year?

    I'm not overrating anything, I agree with you the roster is bad in terms of it's mix and style of play but Melo's flaws bring down the team's ability to max whatever good is in this roster.

    Let's put it this way. I'd wager to say you subtract Melo with a Prime Steve Nash I bet we're not 15-25. Although Melo is not a point guard he's simply not the kind of player who brings out the best in his teammates. All Great Players do this or have done this, that is a fact. He shouldn't be the type of player where you're looking for others to bring out the best in him….otherwise there's too much injustice in financial compensation and recognition.

    So in other words you want the Knicks to have a well rounded team…..my bad scratch that, that's not what you want…... you want Melo to be saved from his own sins.

  10. #1225
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=skisloper;281915]
    Originally Posted by metrocard
    the deal with those stats is just based on the fact our guys hitting those shots Melo sets up for them. Smith and Felton miss a lot of shots. The easy assist would normally be a pick and roll off to Stat or Tyson but they can't stay healthy.

    Bargnani is a terrible offensive option.[/QUOTES

    Of course they have to hit the open shots but do you not see so many times during a game where Melo is either bringing up the ball only to pass off to the PG and wastes 10 seconds off the clock OR he gets the ball in one on one isolation and eats 12 seconds off the clock and then passes it away..........Melo not every time but at least 50% of the time stops the ball movement.....I go to alot of Knicks games and it is painful to watch......We have no ball flow.....We agree we need a better PG but to me Pablo and Udrich do the trick.....MELO just cant hold the ball...


    For you to say Griffin has Reddick, Crawford < dudley is just absurd.....The difference is the Clippers run and slash and our offense is just stagnant.....The question is if Melo and Griffin switched last night would the Clippers be the boring team to watch.......

    Melo is an incredible player I just this his Basketball IQ as a team player is just lower then it needs to be for a guy to make his teamates better,
    ^ Basketball IQ is an empty term.

    You're not going to make Felton, Smith, Stat or Bargnani better by much. Even when those guys play well, it's not enough to win. They're not good. Melo could feed these guys open shots all day, they're not efficient or strong options on offense.

    ski, Redick and Crawford are top 15 SG's. Offensively they're polished and play a clean game. Both have improved defensively as well.
    Dudley is a defensive specialist who can hit the 3pt shot at a 40% clip, do your research.

    Clippers would be a better team with Melo because Melo and CP3 together would be the best duo in the league. Half court wise it's too deadly of a combination. The fact that Melo can actually create his own shot makes him more dangerous than Blake Griffin who has a broken offensive game. Pressure will be on Melo and Paul will have no ball pressure on him which would make Paul more dangerous and Jordan will thrive from the amount of free looks he will get by the rim.

    Blake Griffin doesn't get doubled team for a reason, Melo does. Melo is the superior player and it's not even up for debate.

    Ski, Melo holds on the ball because the Knicks don't have an offense and Woodson isn't a real coach. Either way, Melo doesn't dominate the ball when Pablo is on the court. Felton and Beno however are weak floor generals, if you can't admit this then you have Melo-obsession syndrome when you play other players woes on Melo. If you need medication, let me know so you can get fixed right away.

  11. #1226
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks need to TRADE Carmelo Anthony so the TEAM could play above .500 b.ball, and get pass the first round.
    Okay now Kiyaman, I'm going to ask you something. If you refuse to answer, you lose all credibility and can't even come near a Melo discussion against in your KnicksOnline career. Here it goes.

    Yea, Melo is traded.

    So who will be the top 3 scoring options for the Knicks, how many points will they average each and what will be their FG%?
    In your own projection if a Melo trade goes down.

  12. #1227
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    We could still use Nate. Should have went after him in the off-season. He's also durable.

  13. #1228
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    A star refers to a player who makes the all star team.
    Derozan has not made the All-Star game neither has Kemba, Kyle, Jamal, Redick

    Metro you're making a bunch erroneous and baseless posts. Please stop typing up lies and fallacies along with long winded irrelevant irrational. You're also producing filler type responses speaking in generalizations and ambiguity.


    exhibit 1


    "J.R. has never had a season close to Derozan?"

    Flat out lie

    Derozan 2013-2014
    21.2ppg, 17.8fga/gm, 42%fg, 30%fg(3pt), 78%ft, 4.2reb, 3.7ast, 1.2stl

    J.R. Smith 2012-2013
    18.1ppg, 15.6fga/gm, 42%fg, 36%fg(3pt), 76%ft, 5.3reb, 2.7ast, 1.3stl

    exhibit 2

    "Melo has been on several 50 win teams and he was by far the best player on all of them"

    Flat out lie

    Melo 2008-2009
    Regular Season 22.9ppg, 18.3fga/gm, 44.3%fg, 37.1%fg(3pt), 79.3%ft, 6.8reb, 3.4ast, .4blk, 1.1ast
    Playoffs 27.2ppg, 20.1fga/gm, 45.3%fg, 36.4f%fg(3pt), 82.5%ft, 5.8reb, 4.1ast, 0.6blk, 1.8stl

    Billups 2008-2009
    Regular Season 17.9ppg, 12.5fga/gm 42.5%fg, 41.0%fg(3pt), 91.3%ft, 3.0reb, 6.4ast, .2blk, 1.2stl
    Playoffs 20.6ppg, 12.3fga/gm, 45.7%fg, 46.8%fg, 90.6%ft, 3.8reb, 6.8ast, .3blk, 1.3stl
    From that 2008-2009 season Billups finished 6th in MVP voting and Melo didn't finish anywhere. Ironic enough that's the season he reached the furthest in the post-season as we had someone here who could mitigate his transgressions on a basketball court.

    I know I know we need a near Prime Billups who was a STAR/FINALS MVP/NBA CHAMPION/ALL-NBAer….yeah those are easy to find aren't they?

  14. #1229
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Okay now Kiyaman, I'm going to ask you something. If you refuse to answer, you lose all credibility and can't even come near a Melo discussion against in your KnicksOnline career. Here it goes.

    Yea, Melo is traded.

    So who will be the top 3 scoring options for the Knicks, how many points will they average each and what will be their FG%?
    In your own projection if a Melo trade goes down.

    In other words .. if I was the Knicks GM who traded super-star ISO-Melo, I would also cut JRsmith, and Fire Mike Woodson the same week. I would have Herb Williams finish the season as interim-headcoach .. while I interview Byron Scott & ??? to ead our coaching-staff.

    Felton would still b our starter PG (What!) with PG-Pigioni as our starter SG.
    Meta World Peace would be our starter SF helping to dump the ball inside to starter PF-Stat & C-Tyson.
    Shump would become our 6th man off the bench, along with Barg & K-Mart to play big or small to start the 2nd quarter.
    Our bench-guards Beno, Murry, and THJ will have one game-plan on offense, which will be persistent ball-movement to score, and ball movement to get the ball from one end of the court to the other end of the court.
    This way our uptempo runnin bench-players will have close to the same amount of offensive possessions running as our halfcourt-set starters.
    We have a veteran lineup of decent Halfcourt-set players on our roaster, and we have a young lineup of uptempo runnin transition players on our roster.
    Both group of players need to b situated in lineups that plays best to their talent/skills.
    Something HC Woodson can not do when Melo dont want to sit on the bench longer than 2 minute.
    And the little bit of time Melo do sit on the bench, JRsmith is on the court calling shots .. However,
    since the two players been Knicks we average 6 points per game on fastbreak baskets...

  15. #1230
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    A star refers to a player who makes the all star team.

    DeRozan this season:
    21.2 ppg
    4.6 rpg
    3.2 asp

    He lacks a 3pt shot, but he's been Raptors go to guy and Raptors are leading the crappy atlantic. He'll probably make the all star he probably won't. He's already miles ahead of JR Smith, JR Smith never had a season close to DeMarr.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    DeRozan is ranked 2nd in overall production at his position.
    JR is ranked 32nd. Iman is ranked 31st, but we know Iman > JR, even Francisco Garcia > JR.

    6th man of the year means nothing. DeMarr is the better talent, more productive and just has a better future over JR because DeMarr actually works hard on his game and doesn't get in trouble like Smith. Smith is wasted talent and now he's a scrub. This is a terrible comparison and you're desperate for even trying to convince anyone in the forum Smith > Derozan. Now we know how warped your mind is.

    3G4G, LeBron wouldn't even help the Knicks win games. This roster is bottom tier. Just because Melo's team is low tier doesn't mean he isn't a star.

    Tracy McGrady averaged 28 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 apg on 41% FG and 33% 3PT shooting, his team went 21-61 that 03-04 season. This was before they drafted Howard. T'Mac was still an all star and at 24 he best believe he still held the star status.
    You're a nobody so who you call a star or not has no value. Your mentality is warped and your vision is filled with too much poisonous hatred.

    Melo is extremely flawed, but Knicks had their best season in recent history since 97' under Melo and won 54 games? Melo has been on numerous 50 win teams and guess what? He was by far the best player on the team. He hasn't stump any franchise. He brought hype and great basketball to New York, the franchise itself couldn't deliver and secure a good team around Melo.

    Melo is as flawed as Dominique Wilkins who's a hall of famer that has never "won" big.
    You know what's funny?
    Dominique and Melo had the same production.
    Nique was never Jordan and Melo was never James, but both of those guys had hall of fame careers. They're stars and they always keep their teams competitive.
    In fact, Melo started his career at 19 where as Nique started it at 23. Melo has 5-7 more years left in his career.
    Either way, your argument holds no weight, Melo holds that star power and his performance speaks for himself. 26 ppg and 9 rpg at the SF is star production no question.

    Prime Steve Nash can't help this team.
    JR Smith too streaky.
    Felton, Stat, Barg, Chandler too injury prone.

    Shumpert and Hardaway Jr. would thrive off Nash, no question.

    But when you get Nash, you get one of the worst defensive PG's in NBA history. Our defense is already bad, and Nash isn't playing with prime Amar'e Stoudemire, so that's non-sense.

    I been watching NBA basketball for over 40 something years, and the lastime I seen so many poor athletic players selected to the NBA All-Star team once the new 2011 CBA rule was implemented .. were back when Super Star Julius Erving had top athletic players applying for the ABA basketball league draft, rather than the NBA draft.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •