Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34546478798081828384858687888990104114 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1810

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1246
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Ask a Toronto fan if they would trade DeMarr for last year JR. You already failed by even comparing the two. You're an assclown for even defending JR but acting like a hurt ex-girlfriend over Melo.

    Smith is a turd we all know this and we knew this before we acquired him. I'm not defending J.R. exclusively. What I'm doing is fact checking your outright lies with stats to back up what you said that was wrong. You're trying to stamp down Smith in a large way to trump up Derozan. Talent for talent they are about equal, although I'd take Derozan for many other reasons not named but namely his age and slight upside.

    Nevertheless I fact checked your stupid STAR comment, I fact checked your stupid comment on Smith and Derozan, I fact checked your stupid comment about Melo being best player on all his 50 win teams. Unfortunately the Derozan comment may have proved to be the dumbest because the numbers and STAR gaff by you clearly exposed.

    Derozan is not a STAR until he makes an All-Star appearance(s). Numberwise, this year he's better than J.R. but he's not far and away a better talent overall or throughout their career. My advice to you is stop looking at PPG so heavily to build your arguments and scramble to find meaningless stats to try and back it.

    Now if all you said was you feel Derozan has the current edge and he's on an upward trend in comparison to Smith, that's cool and all. Sorry you said Smith never had a season close to Derozan and you're wrong. You put their whole careers in play.

    If you weren't such a douchebag of a poster and admitted when you're wrong, you wouldn't receive so much rebuffing posts from those other than myself.


    Anyway this thread put everyone on notice to watch closely what you say....


    Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself Melo Ds In Your Mouth Is Bad For Your Health.....!!!!!!(Ice Cube & Grand Master Flash approved)

  2. #1247
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Flushing Roots
    Griffin is a punk
    Yea, he's soft as hell.





    Look at Griffin's production when he goes up against a real PF.




    now look at Melo when he goes up against MVP candidate Kevin Durant.




    Blake is a fake star player, hyped and pushed by the NBA but when it comes to the dirty stuff he doesn't show up. Can't play big against the elite of his position.

    Thats why Melo is a star, he plays big against LeBron and Melo ain't even worried about George.




    Blake can't step up his game when he plays all star PF's, only one there is Aldridge.

  3. #1248
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    They're about equal?
    Last time I checked DeMarr was a lottery pick. JR wasn't. (JR drafted 18th)
    Wasn't DeRozan ranked as the higher talent coming out of high school?
    Lets check.

    JR Smith wasn't even ranked top 10, and he was 3rd in his position coming out of HS.
    He was as talented as Rudy Fernandez. Athletic spot up shooter with some handles.

    DeRozan was ranked top 5 coming out of High School and got drafted 9th overall.

    Check your information again 3G, you're always coming out wrong and it's getting boring debating with you when you always hold the wrong info. You must be depressing yourself. I feel bad for you.

    Fact remains, DeRozan is a scorer in this league, not really my kind of scorer reminds me of Corey Maggette but he's better than in JR. Toronto can't lean on JR because JR in reality is a spot up shooter who's too soft to absorb contact and get physical with the ball in his hands.

    JR this season

    averages 1.5 FTA per game
    last season 3.9 FTA per game(career high)
    His career average? 2.6 FTA per game

    DeMar DeRozan averages this season

    6.7 FTA per game
    last year?
    5.2 FTA per game

    JR Smith is soft, thats why he could never be a leader on offense. DeMarr is terrible from 3pt range, but has a mid range shot and can get to the FTA line.


    DeMarr is 9th in the NBA in FTA. That's a scorer. That's something JR Smith can never get close to doing in his career. DeMarr is superior.


    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Smith is a turd we all know this and we knew this before we acquired him. I'm not defending J.R. exclusively. What I'm doing is fact checking your outright lies with stats to back up what you said that was wrong. You're trying to stamp down Smith in a large way to trump up Derozan. Talent for talent they are about equal, although I'd take Derozan for many other reasons not named but namely his age and slight upside.

    Nevertheless I fact checked your stupid STAR comment, I fact checked your stupid comment on Smith and Derozan, I fact checked your stupid comment about Melo being best player on all his 50 win teams. Unfortunately the Derozan comment may have proved to be the dumbest because the numbers and STAR gaff by you clearly exposed.

    Derozan is not a STAR until he makes an All-Star appearance(s). Numberwise, this year he's better than J.R. but he's not far and away a better talent overall or throughout their career. My advice to you is stop looking at PPG so heavily to build your arguments and scramble to find meaningless stats to try and back it.

    Now if all you said was you feel Derozan has the current edge and he's on an upward trend in comparison to Smith, that's cool and all. Sorry you said Smith never had a season close to Derozan and you're wrong. You put their whole careers in play.

    If you weren't such a douchebag of a poster and admitted when you're wrong, you wouldn't receive so much rebuffing posts from those other than myself.


    Anyway this thread put everyone on notice to watch closely what you say....


    Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself Melo Ds In Your Mouth Is Bad For Your Health.....!!!!!!(Ice Cube & Grand Master Flash approved)
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 19, 2014 at 15:44.

  4. #1249
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    btw.

    Since the Rudy Gay trade

    DeMar is averaging

    24.1ppg / 5.4 rpg/ 5.0 ast

    Hold that, swallow it and digest it. Let sit in your stomach for a few minutes.

    When you're finished, now understand what kind of production DeRozan will be at from Jan into April/May.

    Not only he will finish with a superior over JR, he'll get something JR has never gotten before, an All Star game appearance.

    You really took the L on this one.

    3L4L is your new title.

    Congratulations.

  5. #1250
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    They're about equal? Last time I checked DeMarr was a lottery pick. JR wasn't.
    Wasn't DeRozan ranked as the higher talent coming out of high school?

    JR Smith wasn't even ranked top 10, and he was 3rd in his position coming out of HS.
    He was as talented as Rudy Fernandez. Athletic spot up shooter with some handles.

    DeRozan was ranked top 5 coming out of High School.

    Check your information again 3G, you're always coming out wrong and it's getting boring debating with you when you always hold the wrong info.

    Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

    You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.


    But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....


    Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

    Derozan went to USC


    As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.


    lol what else you got Slappy?
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jan 19, 2014 at 16:00.

  6. #1251
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Blake can't step up his game when he plays all star PF's?



    If we use the definition of "Star" from a previous thread according to an unnamed source a...

    "'STAR' is anyone who has made an All-Star game".....I'm going to assume recent memory

    Well if that's the case.....

  7. #1252
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Since we like to focus on the here and now of how a player's talent and/or star power is translating..... here are some games this year of Blake vs these power forwards...

    David Lee
    Kevin Love
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Zach Randolph
    Serge Ibaka

    all but Ibaka having made an All-Star appearance in the last 3yrs

    Blake vs Ibaka


    Blake vs Zach


    Blake vs Lee
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jan 19, 2014 at 17:38.

  8. #1253
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Blake vs Love


    Blake vs Aldridge



    I know Durant would be upset that Ibaka is not considered a "REAL POWER FORWARD" and I guess everyone else here is Fake like Blake too. It does beg to question why the Knicks would want to trade Melo for Fake Blake?

    This year for sure Blake has showed up and is holding his own just fine against these power forwards. If I had to give an overall edge to just 1, I'd give it to Aldridge. He's having an outstanding year and kudos to him.

  9. #1254
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

    You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.


    But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....


    Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

    Derozan went to USC


    As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.


    lol what else you got Slappy?

    Slow down .. There are a lot of teams right now that would sign Rudy Fernandez this week if available.

  10. #1255
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    That was their career. It doesn't matter anymore.

    This is 2013-14 now. This is the present, come back to it. Accept reality. Accept the facts.

    Amare is a barely an 8 per 36 rebounder this 2013-14. He can't even play 30 minutes so he'll give us 4-5 rebounds a game. That's all his body is capable of doing. Amare isn't a full time player anymore so you need to move on and stop acting like he's capable of carrying this franchise on his back. He's a broken player with very little time left in his career.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Martin averages 7.7 rebounds per 36 minutes this season.and hasn't average 10 rebounds per 36 since 2004 when he was 26 and that was 9.9 per 36. Martin has never been a dominate rebounder.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Martin and Chandler are too injury prone to even stand on the court.
    Chandler rebounds well, but he can't stay healthy.

    That leaves Melo as the best rebounder this season.

    You have no choice but to accept that unless you're going to deny the facts once again.

    It's so cowardly to avoid giving Melo credit.

    Not only he's picked up the slack on the offensive end, but defensively he's covering for Bargnani and Amare for all the missed box outs and rebounds they give every game and your saltyass refuses to give Melo any respect for doing that on a failed season that Melo really has no reason to even give a damn about because no one else is coming to play except Prigioni, Shump, Tim Hardaway Jr and Murray. This whole team is ass but you continue to worship the team and downplay Melo. GTFO
    Woodson is not coaching a TEAM .. Woodson is coaching for Melo's stats record (the man dont know when to call a TIME-OUT bc he's so far up Melo's ......).
    Do u ever recall "Meta World Peace" being injury-prone???? Wake-Up !!!

  11. #1256
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Slow down .. There are a lot of teams right now that would sign Rudy Fernandez this week if available.
    Not saying they wouldn't...heck we could probably use him and Sergio again....Ha Ha Ha!!!

  12. #1257
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I think he's been injured on every team he's been on. especially his knees. he usually bounces back cause he's a great workhorse.
    he's no spring chicken. what are you expecting?

  13. #1258
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    probably from another dimension

    cousin
    bismack
    melo/mwp
    thj/waiters
    rondo/Pablo

    the rest play for free from the prison basketball league.

  14. #1259
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i have been gone for awhile and its cuz of this nonsense right here. metro gives props to melo when he deserves them and is having his best season as a knick and kiya still shoots him down and he backs it up with our current record. however, that would suggest that if our record was better then he would deserve his props. but last year he bashed him the whole way and when we would use our last year record as why he deserved props then he bashed him unrightfully so again. good post metro. you arent biased. i will give that much

  15. #1260
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    i have been gone for awhile and its cuz of this nonsense right here. metro gives props to melo when he deserves them and is having his best season as a knick and kiya still shoots him down and he backs it up with our current record. however, that would suggest that if our record was better then he would deserve his props. but last year he bashed him the whole way and when we would use our last year record as why he deserved props then he bashed him unrightfully so again. good post metro. you arent biased. i will give that much
    Dude, I apologize on behalf on the forum if you got turned off. This place could really use your way of scouting and breaking things down.

    Hope to see you make a comeback, you were one of the better posters here.

    I was Melo's biggest basher and I did it better than 3G4G and Kiyaman; everything they say is repetitive and old.

    If Melo plays poorly, you get a pass to bash.

    That hasn't been the case this season, Melo is better this year than last year.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 20, 2014 at 01:55.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •