Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

tiger0330

Legend
Two years removed from Linsanity but that was the most exciting basketball I have watched from the Knicks in the last decade.

I wrote back then about the comparison to Flip Murray who replaced an injured Ray Allan and had a 20ppg average for a month or two but over the long run proved he was a journeyman NBA player and no superstar. I think Lin has proved Kobe correct when he said superstars don't come out of nowhere in the NBA, it just doesn't happen. Lin is a capable backup and no more.

Broadway

All Star
Boozer got Amnestied by Bulls...therefore

tumblr_inline_moioobNnVF1qz4rgp.gif

EDIT: Chicago Sun Reporting Amnesty looming...Windhorst is reporting Bulls have informed him he will get amnestied or S&T

Last edited:
Bulls must be on the verge of signing Melo or Pau Gasol or somehow getting both. I don't think they would amnesty Boozer for too many other reasons.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Because Melo has been in NY for three years now and Dolan has NEVER consulted Melo about our roster. Do you really think Melo wanted Novak and Cope gone and Bargs brought in???? Knicks "management has been making stupid roster moved for years and I'm sure Melo would like some roster input wherever he ends up

It was said on tv the other day that he DID want those players b/c he knew if they was on the team then he would get the ball every time down the floor. This just goes to show you what kind of player melo is. He cares more about stats than championships and now everybody else is finally seeing that.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It was said on tv the other day that he DID want those players b/c he knew if they was on the team then he would get the ball every time down the floor. This just goes to show you what kind of player melo is. He cares more about stats than championships and now everybody else is finally seeing that.

Idk WV, we won the division with Cope and Novak; so Knicks management dumps them both... Maybe Melo was cool with the proven winners, not sorry a** Bargs...just a thought

Broadway

All Star

According to NBA squandered financial loser Kenny Andersen he tweeted today Melo is all about being paid as a Max Player and the Bulls financial offer was low....yet he spent 9hrs with them?

What were they talking about for that long if one of the first things they addressed in their pitch was how he was going to get paid?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Two years removed from Linsanity but that was the most exciting basketball I have watched from the Knicks in the last decade.

I wrote back then about the comparison to Flip Murray who replaced an injured Ray Allan and had a 20ppg average for a month or two but over the long run proved he was a journeyman NBA player and no superstar. I think Lin has proved Kobe correct when he said superstars don't come out of nowhere in the NBA, it just doesn't happen. Lin is a capable backup and no more.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11168612

Way ahead of me tiger...funny how the worm turns now Houston stuck trying to get rid of that "poison pill" contract. From Linsanity to insanity...I'm loving it:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
According to NBA squandered financial loser Kenny Andersen he tweeted today Melo is all about being paid as a Max Player and the Bulls financial offer was low....yet he spent 9hrs with them?

What were they talking about for that long if one of the first things they addressed in their pitch was how he was going to get paid?

You sound awfully concerned about a player u think we are better off without...wassup with that:)

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Idk WV, we won the division with Cope and Novak; so Knicks management dumps them both... Maybe Melo was cool with the proven winners, not sorry a** Bargs...just a thought

What the guy said is he wanted these average players that was on every knicks team since he got here. In other words he loved having those guys on the team b/c he knew he would get more shots. Melo has all the talent in the world but lets be honest he does'nt use his talent like he great player would. That has single handedly hurt him and his career but thats just me.

wian

Benchwarmer
We are better off without Mello.... He wont ever win the Knicks a Championship ! Trade him out !

jimkcchief88

All Star
See my " bring Lebron to NY thread". Broussard, ****** Colin Cowherd, and the rest of the ESPN talking heads are talking us resigning Melo and adding Lebron. Better late than never:)

Kiyaman

Legend
You sound awfully concerned about a player u think we are better off without...wassup with that:)

u need to get into ISO-Melo's ear "stop being greedy" before Melo's true intentions of wanting mo-money$$$mo-money rather than win playoff series become known to all the NBA owners. Melo only won 3 playoff series in a 11 yr career.

I would have no reason to write "ISO-Melo" in KO forum if Melo hurry-up to sign with the next NBA team.
All this team choo-sinn by Melo show "Bulls/Rockets/Lakers/Clippers" Melo has no relation/friendship with any of the players on those teams.

He gonna come back beggin Phil for a big-pay-day

Wow, suddenly this afternoon we are becoming strong favorites to keep Melo among internet reports. How the pendulum swings from minute to minute.

Broadway

All Star

you have GOT to be kidding me. who's your "source" Bro-tard?

I'm beginning to think his source is Phil. Absolutely pathetic we flew across the country to bid against ourselves. Something that could have been done over the phone. This is something Isiah Thomas would do.

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, suddenly this afternoon we are becoming strong favorites to keep Melo among internet reports. How the pendulum swings from minute to minute.
Like someone said Happy Wife Happy Life plus 129M makes the decision easier. I have a feeling Phil gives Melo less than a max contract though, I suggested max 4 year money spread over 5. Someone posted here that the Bulls didn't offer him max money, Houston might not be able to, Dallas isn't really wasn't interested Carlisle wasn't even there. Let's see what the Lakers offer him but why offer him max money when no one else does.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Its official people!!! If it is true that the knicks offered melo that huge contract then The people who run the Knicks front office is the dumbest of all sports.To GIVE a guy money that will never win you a championship b/c he has a me.myself and I attitude is the dumbest thing ever. This move shows that they DO NOT CARE about becoming a sucessful team like the Knicks used to be. Get ready people let the loosing continue but look at the bright side you will get to watch melo shoot 100 times and scoring 40 points a game. :wallbash:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Uhhhh the KNICKS ONLY advantage over teams with more talent ( which is everyone btw) is to offer MELO the most $$$$$. Melo did lead the league in minutes, second in scoring to MVP Durantula, and 8 boards a game. Again the idea is to have MELO in place to bring in more free-agents in 2015. Anyone who is surprised by this strategy is the dumb one. I'm loving it tho suck it Melo haters on Chief:)