Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 36566680818283848586878889909192106116 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1791

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Interestingly, Anthony credited Nets coach Jason Kidd, an ex-Knick, for Brooklyn's success on Monday.
    "They played to the mismatches. That's something that Jason does well, even when he was here. That was his big thing: play to the mismatch," Anthony said.

As I said in the "TEAM MELO" thread...this team misses....

LEADERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY/CLUCTH GENES/3PT SHOOTING

In a nutshell....Jason Kidd first 40gms of the 54win team last year. The real MVP of our team last year as it appeared his aura rubbed off on J.R. Smith in Melo's absence.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Of course not he shot 4-23fg the same game...what he's been for us all year...ZERO SUM!!!!!!
    26.1 ppg
    9.0 rpg
    40% 3pt
    85% FT
    under 2.5 turnovers per game
    Good defense.

He's been better than Paul George.

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As I said in the "TEAM MELO" thread...this team misses....

LEADERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY/CLUCTH GENES/3PT SHOOTING

In a nutshell....Jason Kidd first 40gms of the 54win team last year. The real MVP of our team last year as it appeared his aura rubbed off on J.R. Smith in Melo's absence.
    I bet you if your punkass met Jason Kidd in real life, he would laugh at 90% of the things you say. Kidd would love to have Melo on the roster and it was both of their pleasure playing with each other. Kidd/Melo on the court = W. His aura was the truth so I don't disagree one bit.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Great video of Tyson Chandler defending at the 3 ball line .. poor perimeter defense .. with Prigioni running away from his man with the ball. The important part of the video is Melo sitting on the bench shaking his head in disgrace of a poor defensive performance, rather than inform clueless Woodson this is the time u call, "TIME-OUT!".

When one player is out of position on defense, defending a wide-open offensive set play that we use consistently can be over looked. But when two players are way out of positition on defense, especially when one of those players out of position happen to be our defensive-rock Tyson Chandler, who had plenty of time to switch with Barg, rather than stay out on the perimeter.
    Time-Out .. Time-Out .. Time-Out

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I bet you if your punkass met Jason Kidd in real life, he would laugh at 90% of the things you say. Kidd would love to have Melo on the roster and it was both of their pleasure playing with each other. Kidd/Melo on the court = W. His aura was the truth so I don't disagree one bit.
    Metro .... slowdown ur speeding again. Yeah, I took the time to read all ur debate threads with "Crazy 8" (silly me).
    But Metro u started throwing wood after wood into the fire first, which made Crazy 8 throw gasoline.
    Now I have to go to the next forum to see the creative art of Crazy 8 advancements ..
    when KO forum was GREAT having both ur creativeness building this forum with new creative members joining left n right throughout a decade of the most losing team in the NBA .. New York Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The important part of the video is Melo sitting on the bench shaking his head in disgrace of a poor defensive performance, rather than inform clueless Woodson this is the time u call, "TIME-OUT!". t
    you hate melo as a player.. now u want him to be the coach... ain't the whispering in the coaches ear suppose to come from one of the 6 ass's....I mean assistant's next to him on the bench...

12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... slowdown
    If you think I started it first, then you don't know how to read. I know you're old but maybe a visit back to elementary school would do you wonders.

12th man

Originally Posted by paris401
    you hate melo as a player.. now u want him to be the coach... ain't the whispering in the coaches ear suppose to come from one of the 6 ass's....I mean assistant's next to him on the bench...
    Kiyaman wants Melo to average 5 blocks a game and 10 assist...ignore him. He's not making any sense this year.

12th man

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I might be underrating it because the main thing I think about is how bad this team is. I never felt this way during a season before where I don't even think about someone's individual above average performances much. Melo had twenty rebounds last week and I knew it was rare, but still wasn't anything that big to me. This team is so bad.
    This season would be extremely different if World Peace was healthy. His ball movement, defense and 3pt shooting would of done us wonders.

Angry I am threw with Carmelo Anthony!!!!

I have had enough of this guy and tonight put me at the end of my rope with him. If anybody didn't see what happened tonight in the 2nd half then you was watching a whole different game.Knicks was still playing awful in the 3rd and Melo went out of the game. It was like watching a completely different team out there.Everybody was toughing the ball,everybody was on the same page and the team had chemistry.During that time the Knicks came back and took the lead. They didn't just take the lead they took control of the game b/c the whole team was on the same page and was playing together. Bargnani was on fire and was scoring at will and so was Hardaway jr,Chandler.Then for some odd reason the coach put in Melo and kept Bargnani on the bench and down went the Knicks just like the Titanic!! The ball movement was gone,defense was gone and the chemistry was gone b/c Melo iso was back and it was brick after brick being shot by melo.There is no way melo should have been out on that court b/c the knicks was playing to good.Bargnani on the other hand should have been in the game and its ashame he didn't get to finish the game b/c he played his butt off.The knicks would have won with him and the others that started that run still out there to finish the game.

As long as Melo is here this what we got to look forward to and I am sick and tired of watching the same ol story over and over.I want Melo gone and I want him gone now!!!!
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Jan 24, 2014 at 22:47.

Well after we were clicking and took the lead, Woodson took out Prigs and put Felton in. That was the beginning of what started our skid. Felton didn't orchestrate the offense properly the rest of the time he was in. You're right, Melo took his signature long contested twos in the forth as well, but the Prigs/Felton swap killed us. Before we took the lead Prigs was running the offense based around the pick and pop with Bargs.. and it was working. Even JR started to settle down and knock down shots for a stretch. Prigs also sparked us with his hustle, forcing a couple turnovers and playing MCR tough and we took back the lead.

I will never understand Woodson's love affair with Felton. He's a terrible defender and not a good playmaker for a PG. When he's in the game I basically wait for him to screw up and I can't relax. Felton is awful.

12th man

Knicks are 0-5 since Chandler has come back to the starting line, but that's on Melo.
    JR Smith missed 11 of his 16 shots with 5 lazy fouls, but that's on Melo.
    Woodson played Pablo and Tim 17 & 16 minutes each, but that's on Melo.
    Tyson Chandler got out rebounded by 6"8 Fowards and 6"7 PG...but of course, that's on Melito.
    Felton vulnerable on defense, streaky on offense, plays 31 minutes by Woodson...that one is definitely Melo's fault.
    Woodson refuses to acknowledge his team has been exposed switching on defense since 2011...but that's all on Melo.

Bargnani with 5 turnovers, 4 fouls and only 4 rebounds in 28 minutes...he scores 20 points on a hot night, could of scored more even though he's a career 43% FG shooter and him staying that hot is unrealistic....but we should of fed him more because he's Bargnani, his offense is unpredictable and he's been an unstoppable force ever since he's came to the NBA averaging a career of 15ppg on 43% FG shooting...Damn Melo, why no you pass the ball to the B E A S T known as Bargnani? These fans know who's the better option offense...it's definitely not Carmelo Anthony but Andrea Bargnani. We know his history with leading NBA offenses to success in his career.

Melo had 7 assist and lead the team in assist.....he's such a god damn stat padder, I want him off the team for doing productive things.
    This thread makes me sick, sounds like a spoiled baby crying not knowing what he wants.
    Knicks lose and you don't even know how to make sense of anything. Get yourself back together.

This is a Knicks team thats not playing hard for their loser of a coach, Woodson has a problem the guy is too stubburn with his defensive schemes and he doesn't adjust to in game situations. Melo is worth every penny of that contract, The brings it every night from out scoring his team to out rebounding his team and 2nd with assets on his team closing in on 130 assists this season.

12th man

Default Melo Deserves Better

^ 4:30

Superstar

As big as a knicks fan as I am I honestly hope Melo leaves and wins a title somewhere. He only has but so many prime years left and he shouldn't have to waste it with one of the most poorly constructed teams i've ever seen.

Melo needs a coach that will force him to play team ball the entire game...Melo should not be bringing the ball upcourt. He shouldn't have to take the final shot all the time. I like melo, i just wish he played more like LBJ, Durant, George.....Guess we may not ever see this happen. Honestly, i enjoyed our team more before Melo came here. Not to pick solely on Melo, as its a team game, and coach is just as liable