Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm going Bulls or Lakers....especially if Lebron makes his decision to go to Cleveland or stay in Miami before Melo makes his.

Stephen A picked NY because:"Melo loves his $$$." Been trying to tell you 3GdumE. $$$$ talks, bs walks...but u live in your Momma's basement so u don't get that on Chief:)

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo wants a NO-TRADE clause ha ha ha LMAO

Okay let me get this right.

Melo is doing all of free agency to stroke his ego.
Melo wants the max contract.
Melo wants a NO TRADE clause.
Melo wants control over personnel decisions.

Why the **** would any team want this clown? Cause he scores points?
Get the **** outta here with this nonsense.
If we re-sign this guy we're idiots.

Phil Jackson:

Signed Lamar Odom
Traded Felton for Calderon (perhaps an upgrade perhaps not)
Traded Chandler for Dalembert (downgrade)
Bought some 2nd round picks that may/may not pan out (Early is interesting for sure)
Signs Carmelo Anthony to the max, no trade clause, gives him control of the team (wait, didn't we just take that away from him?)
Proceeds to clear cap room expecting Durant or LeBron or Love to come save us in 2015 or 2016.

Yeah...**** me.

Either this is all media horse**** or Dolan's already started meddling.
One thing we know isn't horse**** is Melo putting on this bull**** for his own ego stroking. What a piece of a garbage.

"BUT Kiyaman HE SCORES POINTS"
Oh, what a humanitarian and wonderful human being.

LMFAO at this bullcrap.
Some one give me a :smokin:

skisloper

Starter

Why the **** would any team want this clown? Cause he scores points?
Get the **** outta here with this nonsense.
If we re-sign this guy we're idiots.

Phil Jackson:

Signed Lamar Odom
Traded Felton for Calderon (perhaps an upgrade perhaps not)
Traded Chandler for Dalembert (downgrade)
Bought some 2nd round picks that may/may not pan out (Early is interesting for sure)
Signs Carmelo Anthony to the max, no trade clause, gives him control of the team (wait, didn't we just take that away from him?)
Proceeds to clear cap room expecting Durant or LeBron or Love to come save us in 2015 or 2016.

Yeah...**** me.

Either this is all media horse**** or Dolan's already started meddling.
One thing we know isn't horse**** is Melo putting on this bull**** for his own ego stroking. What a piece of a garbage.

"BUT Kiyaman HE SCORES POINTS"
Oh, what a humanitarian and wonderful human being.

LMFAO at this bullcrap.

if Jackson gives melo a max deal with a trade clause that's not Dolan meddling but Phil stroking his own ego to show he's so great he can turn melo into a winner. I see no max deal but melo will trade that for the no trade clause

Broadway

All Star
Stephen A picked NY because:"Melo loves his $$$." Been trying to tell you 3GdumE. $$$$ talks, bs walks...but u live in your Momma's basement so u don't get that on Chief:)

I've stated early on in the end I think he finds it hard to pass up the money but if he leaves those are the 2 teams. Although I think the Lakers are a smokescreen.

What I find comical is you whacking it over a player who sold winning as more important than money(paycut included) and yet you want him back on the basis of being tempted by the money. So basically you want Melo to piss on his own integrity for the almighty dollar, place bigger financial burdens on the franchise and not the player you root for going forward, so you can avoid slitting your wrists....

Okay Makes A Lot Of Nonsense but I Don't Get It....

Broadway

All Star
if Jackson gives melo a max deal with a trade clause that's not Dolan meddling but Phil stroking his own ego to show he's so great he can turn melo into a winner. I see no max deal but melo will trade that for the no trade clause

So you're saying Melo continues to hold us hostage.... holding out for more than Max Request? He moved on from taking a paycut talk during the season to give me all of my $130mil and don't trade me? Then if Phil says no, he counters and says okay how about a 15% trade kicker then?

Are we hearing Player Option after 3rd season(so he can attempt to do this again) from him and he milks this for another week before making a decision, while giving Pat Riley more time to break up this Crappy Home?

jimkcchief88

All Star
I've stated early on in the end I think he finds it hard to pass up the money but if he leaves those are the 2 teams. Although I think the Lakers are a smokescreen.

What I find comical is you whacking it over a player who sold winning as more important than money(paycut included) and yet you want him back on the basis of being tempted by the money. So basically you want Melo to piss on his own integrity for the almighty dollar, place bigger financial burdens on the franchise and not the player you root for going forward, so you can avoid slitting your wrists....

Okay Makes A Lot Of Nonsense but I Don't Get It....

Dude it's 30 million $$$, not 3 dollars. How is 30 million nonsense? And who says we won't be able to win moving forward with Melo and some actually help(more than a washed up STAT&Bargs). Just because you and Kiya have some axe to grind against Melo???? That's the Non-sense for real:)

CoolClyde

where did you hear/see this info re he wants the max, no-trade, and personnel decisions? who/where are your "sources"? all I heard from "sources" was that Knicks were prepared to offer a max contract, and who knows if that's true?

that's the best thing i've heard you say in weeks.

skisloper

Starter
So you're saying Melo continues to hold us hostage.... holding out for more than Max Request? He moved on from taking a paycut talk during the season to give me all of my $130mil and don't trade me? Then if Phil says no, he counters and says okay how about a 15% trade kicker then?

Are we hearing Player Option after 3rd season(so he can attempt to do this again) from him and he milks this for another week before making a decision, while giving Pat Riley more time to break up this Crappy Home?

No not at all. Melo takes less then max but throws in the no trade kicker to protect himself. He will sign with the knicks and take slightly less then max

Broadway

All Star
No not at all. Melo takes less then max but throws in the no trade kicker to protect himself. He will sign with the knicks and take slightly less then max

Maybe but it's a reach to think so as of now..... he wouldn't wait this long to do that. This deal would have already been sealed if this was on the table. Obviously the paycut talk doesn't tickle his fancy, hence us offering full max. Once Phil came back to him the 3rd time in L.A. he could have requested no trade clause and I'll take a paycut....THE END!

You have to ask yourself why is he holding out on signing a Max Deal? There's only 2 logical reasons this could be the case

Huh, can't really explain it, but just seeing reports of Houston offering Bosh a max contract gave me this sinking feeling. Pat Riley won free agency last time in 2010, are we really to believe he's going to strike out this time? If Bosh leaves, is it possible that it is all because Riley has lined up Melo joining Lebron in Miami on the lowdown, just like he lined up the Big Three in 2010? Like I said out of nowhere sinking feeling, but still, starting to wonder.

All this talk of breaking allegiance with your team based on free agency signings. We should have some scenario where we all have to jump ship as Knicks fans. How about Lebron and Melo both somehow end up in Phoenix, we all have to be Suns fans for the duration of their careers? That would be crazy enough.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
All this talk of breaking allegiance with your team based on free agency signings. We should have some scenario where we all have to jump ship as Knicks fans. How about Lebron and Melo both somehow end up in Phoenix, we all have to be Suns fans for the duration of their careers? That would be crazy enough.
Lol

Well I already like the Suns, just bring Nash back and we're in business:p.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wasn't Dr.J supposed to win consecutive championship with Moses Malone???
What happen?

You know I honestly can't remember exactly. But that was my team: Andrew Toney and Mo Cheeks in the backcourt, Doc as the swing man and Moses Malone holding down the middle. Classic. Remember Doc's wraparound layup from BEHInD the basket on Kareem? Maybe 30 for 30 will do a doc on that team. But that Sixer team had its hands full in the 80's getting thru Bird and Boston in the East only to have Magic, Worthy, and Kareem waiting.