Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 38586882838485868788899091929394108118 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1306
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I still dont understand the Billups amnesty to be honest.

  2. #1307
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    we should give him up as much as i liked him... we need 1st round picks a point guard and a big man that can score n defend... trade every one except Shump, TimHardjr, Murray, Tyler, Prigioni and keep mettaworldpeace for veteran experience

  3. #1308
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    melo isn't the problem.... just like Z-Bo wasn't the problem. The chickens have come home to roost from the 2010 Melo trade and the Billups amnesty. Those two moves put the knicks back like crazy, because they gutted the team. But the chance to fix it is pretty close.

    Knicks need to pay him, get a new coach this offseason, and being trying to woo FA in 2015 (its what in theory they got steve mills for). Its the only smart move available to them at this point, and I'm glad the media isn't talking about it as early as they talk about everything else the knicks are planning.
    Melo is the PROBLEM .. Dolan let Melo EGO grow larger than what it was in Denver.
    Melo stay, then Melo BIG-EGO stay, another Knicks coach is not going to make Melo move his fat ash fast enough to go around a pick or screen, or fast enough to go through a screen or pick, or have Melo call out a screen or pick for his teammates (PG).

    And Zbo was the problem as long as Isiah or Marbury or Curry was a Knicks.
    Zbo & Camby let Clippers GM Dunleavy know to trade them before they put on a Clippers jersey.
    Recall the 2008-9 Clippers had a frontline of Camby/Kaman/Zbo, to become a lottery team (LMAO) that got the 1st pick Griffin.

    Melo is worst than Marbury, bc Marbury had isiah backing him, but Melo got Dolan backing him.
    If Melo yell at Woodson in a game, Woodson would be fired the next day.
    Melo is the reason why Woodson havnt been FIRED.
    Melo is the reason why Felton & JR get 30 minutes of playingtime.

  4. #1309
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I still dont understand the Billups amnesty to be honest.
    There would be no ISO-Melo if Billups was a Knicks.

    Didnt u watch the first postseason game vs Boston, when Billups & Stat freeze Melo out, and held the lead throughout the game,
    untill Billups pulled a muscle injury from listening to Melo keep begging for the ball, when Pierce locked melo up in the the 2nd half making Melo miss 10 out of 11 shots. Stat had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 ast, 2 blk, 1 stl, eating KG & BigBaby up throughout the 2nd half. We had a 3 pt lead with 36 seconds remaining in the game, Melo miss shot, Melo turnover, Melo miss shot. Boston win 87-85

  5. #1310
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Melo has been paired and pampered with All Stars, Hall of Famers, and young talent throughout his entire career.

    Denver spent 7 years trying to build him as a centerpiece to be a contender. He's been with Chauncey Billups, Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson (though he doesn't help teammates become better either), ...list em'.

    It's no wonder Denver was willing to deal him for young assets. They gave up.

    How many more players can we possibly pair with this man for him to win?

    The only thing Melo deserves is RESPONSIBILITY.

  6. #1311
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I have had enough of this guy and tonight put me at the end of my rope with him. If anybody didn't see what happened tonight in the 2nd half then you was watching a whole different game.Knicks was still playing awful in the 3rd and Melo went out of the game. It was like watching a completely different team out there.Everybody was toughing the ball,everybody was on the same page and the team had chemistry.During that time the Knicks came back and took the lead. They didn't just take the lead they took control of the game b/c the whole team was on the same page and was playing together. Bargnani was on fire and was scoring at will and so was Hardaway jr,Chandler.Then for some odd reason the coach put in Melo and kept Bargnani on the bench and down went the Knicks just like the Titanic!! The ball movement was gone,defense was gone and the chemistry was gone b/c Melo iso was back and it was brick after brick being shot by melo.There is no way melo should have been out on that court b/c the knicks was playing to good.Bargnani on the other hand should have been in the game and its ashame he didn't get to finish the game b/c he played his butt off.The knicks would have won with him and the others that started that run still out there to finish the game.

    As long as Melo is here this what we got to look forward to and I am sick and tired of watching the same ol story over and over.I want Melo gone and I want him gone now!!!!
    I understand the frustration but your anger is misplaced. Melo is the only consistent force on this team. I don't see how anyone can fault him for the loses. We're past the point of Amare even being a factor, so Melo isn't taking shots away from another all-star. We've seen JR's inconsistent play and Felton has proven that he's no more than a back up PG at this point. You can point the finger at a lot of people but I honestly don't think Melo is one of them.

  7. #1312
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I believe Melo is open to playing that style, with Woodson he kinda just lets players do whatever they want. Melo isn't the only one guilty of this, everyone does it. It's a free lance style of play and personally I'm tired of it.

    Felton, Smith, Amare, Barg, Chandler, Shumpert and Melo are all at their best when the ball is moving quickly.

    When we sag on defense and slow the ball on offense, we melt as a team.
    There are a lot of people playing out of position. Felton is a back up pg and Woodson should be a coordinator of some sort, not a head coach. I think this will be his last opportunity to be a head coach in this league.

    The Knicks should require Melo to sign by the deadline or trade him for draft picks. We need to get a young core and maybe sign a free agent in 2015. We should not make the same mistake we made to acquire Melo in trading all our assets for one player.

  8. #1313
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Melo is the PROBLEM .. Dolan let Melo EGO grow larger than what it was in Denver.
    Melo stay, then Melo BIG-EGO stay, another Knicks coach is not going to make Melo move his fat ash fast enough to go around a pick or screen, or fast enough to go through a screen or pick, or have Melo call out a screen or pick for his teammates (PG).

    And Zbo was the problem as long as Isiah or Marbury or Curry was a Knicks.
    Zbo & Camby let Clippers GM Dunleavy know to trade them before they put on a Clippers jersey.
    Recall the 2008-9 Clippers had a frontline of Camby/Kaman/Zbo, to become a lottery team (LMAO) that got the 1st pick Griffin.

    Melo is worst than Marbury, bc Marbury had isiah backing him, but Melo got Dolan backing him.
    If Melo yell at Woodson in a game, Woodson would be fired the next day.
    Melo is the reason why Woodson havnt been FIRED.
    Melo is the reason why Felton & JR get 30 minutes of playingtime.
    bje8g1.jpg

    Yeah let's get rid of the 26pt, 9 rebound, 3ast All-Star player who isn't injury prone...... That will win the knicks more games.......

    Sarcasm aside billups was a good peace and they were a few inbounds away from the finals but he got old, Iverson needs the ball just like Melo and he was just as much a headcase as JR (though obviously more talented), Jason Kidd turned old as soon as he heard the nyets needed a new HC, and Tyson is a defensive leader as a center and far from a scrub but he is not a second piece to a good/great team.

    The Knicks should wait until 2015 and we fans should just deal with it. Its been the foregone conclusion since the Melo trade and billups Amnesty deal that the knicks would be scrambling for pieces until Amare and Tyson (And now Barg) came off the books. This season is just the chickens coming home to roost on the those bad trade/amnesty moves.

    The last thing we need them to do is try to fix this season and only make **** worse like they have done sooooo many times. Same goes for Melo, he isn't the problem, the "team" is the problem. The ****ty PG play is the problem!, the switching on defense is the problem, the fact that the offense is basically iso or a hail Mary 3 is the problem!. Or that the management gave up all those picks at the same time knowing they would need players to replace the assets they gave to denver.
    Last edited by Wargames; Jan 23, 2014 at 22:09.

  9. #1314
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I understand the frustration but your anger is misplaced. Melo is the only consistent force on this team. I don't see how anyone can fault him for the loses. We're past the point of Amare even being a factor, so Melo isn't taking shots away from another all-star. We've seen JR's inconsistent play and Felton has proven that he's no more than a back up PG at this point. You can point the finger at a lot of people but I honestly don't think Melo is one of them.
    Melo is nothing but another AI with the sixers. AI scored at will and put up monster numbers but did that ever help his team? No it didn't.. He finished his NBA career with no rings and the only reason that kept him winning a ring was b/c he was a Me,Myself and I guy. That's exactly what Melo is today! Anybody can put up huge numbers and pad their stats BUT if you want to win a ring then you need to include your teammates in every game. Melo has already went to far in his career to even think about changing his game.He cannot change who he is b/c that's who he is. Well I have seen a lot of players come into the nba thinking im the guy and I don't need no help and they all have ZERO rings.I have nothing against Melo,he is probably a great guy but his basketball style will drive any true fan of the team he is playing on crazy.His style can't win and will never win titles and I am tired of watching the same old story every game happen.Its time for him and the Knicks to part ways. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't want him in a Knicks jersey.

  10. #1315
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Now here's what I posted in the Game Thread last night



    Start of 4th qrt


    I stopped the log at this point because the game was over. It's all here for everyone to see you can't talk your way into any kind of defense case for Melo. Anyone who continues to in games like these should be ashamed of themselves
    Great post man..That says it all right there!!

  11. #1316
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,482
    Rep Power
    20

    Default


    Melo,
    hallowed be thy name.
    Your kingdom come...

  12. #1317
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Melo is the PROBLEM .. Dolan let Melo EGO grow larger than what it was in Denver.
    Melo stay, then Melo BIG-EGO stay, another Knicks coach is not going to make Melo move his fat ash fast enough to go around a pick or screen, or fast enough to go through a screen or pick, or have Melo call out a screen or pick for his teammates (PG).

    And Zbo was the problem as long as Isiah or Marbury or Curry was a Knicks.
    Zbo & Camby let Clippers GM Dunleavy know to trade them before they put on a Clippers jersey.
    Recall the 2008-9 Clippers had a frontline of Camby/Kaman/Zbo, to become a lottery team (LMAO) that got the 1st pick Griffin.

    Melo is worst than Marbury, bc Marbury had isiah backing him, but Melo got Dolan backing him.
    If Melo yell at Woodson in a game, Woodson would be fired the next day.
    Melo is the reason why Woodson havnt been FIRED.
    Melo is the reason why Felton & JR get 30 minutes of playingtime.

    I think you're depressed.

  13. #1318
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    bje8g1.jpg

    Yeah let's get rid of the 26pt, 9 rebound, 3ast All-Star player who isn't injury prone...... That will win the knicks more games.......

    Sarcasm aside billups was a good peace and they were a few inbounds away from the finals but he got old, Iverson needs the ball just like Melo and he was just as much a headcase as JR (though obviously more talented), Jason Kidd turned old as soon as he heard the nyets needed a new HC, and Tyson is a defensive leader as a center and far from a scrub but he is not a second piece to a good/great team.

    The Knicks should wait until 2015 and we fans should just deal with it. Its been the foregone conclusion since the Melo trade and billups Amnesty deal that the knicks would be scrambling for pieces until Amare and Tyson (And now Barg) came off the books. This season is just the chickens coming home to roost on the those bad trade/amnesty moves.

    The last thing we need them to do is try to fix this season and only make **** worse like they have done sooooo many times. Same goes for Melo, he isn't the problem, the "team" is the problem. The ****ty PG play is the problem!, the switching on defense is the problem, the fact that the offense is basically iso or a hail Mary 3 is the problem!. Or that the management gave up all those picks at the same time knowing they would need players to replace the assets they gave to denver.
    Well said, couldn't have said it better.

  14. #1319
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Congrats to Melo for making the all star team, one of the best players the East have to offer.




    It took about 50 games, but he finally gets a chance to play with a real coach.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 23, 2014 at 23:53.

  15. #1320
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hey metro what is your twitter account?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 17:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 21:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 17:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •