Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Reports now are that melo is waiting on bron to see where he goes and see if theres any way he can join him. Iv always been a melo fan but this makes me sick. Punk needs to ride lecheats coattails to win anything, he dosent give a damn about the knicks, hell leave in a heartbeat if he can get with jamenipulation, just remember we are his goddamn fallback plan if he cant make a dream team somewhere. Punkass

I expect lots of negativity when/if the report becomes final in the next day that Melo is staying with us, but people need to see what else PJ is planning before passing judgement on this contract, even if you don't think we should have resigned Melo. Most of the league, including top reputation teams like Chicago, are about to learn how hard it is to recruit a star player if you don't have a current member of the NBA star player social "inner circle". Melo seems to be a part of that circle, that gives us an edge going forward if PJ can play salary cap magic.

Bigsav

Rookie
I expect lots of negativity when/if the report becomes final in the next day that Melo is staying with us, but people need to see what else PJ is planning before passing judgement on this contract, even if you don't think we should have resigned Melo. Most of the league, including top reputation teams like Chicago, are about to learn how hard it is to recruit a star player if you don't have a current member of the NBA star player social "inner circle". Melo seems to be a part of that circle, that gives us an edge going forward if PJ can play salary cap magic.

So Rose isnt a star player??? Fact it was clear in his actions that Rose did not want Anthony at the Bulls, he knows Anthony is not a winner. Cannot believe the decision of the Knicks to re-sign Anthony, the laziest player in the league!!

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
so whats stopping Carmelo Anthony asking the Knicks to S&T to Cleveland if Lebron James goes home???

just imagine what the Knicks could acquire if this happens...

Andrew Wiggins $4.59 M
Anthony Bennett $5.56 M
Anderson Varejao $9.8 M
Dion Waiters $4.06 M
Future 1st Round

Wonder if Phil Jackson would pull the trigger on something like this...

Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Pablo Prigioni
Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Dion Waiters
J.R. Smith, Andrew Wiggins, Cleanthony Early
Anthony Bennett, Lamar Odom, Amare Stoudemire, Andrea Bargnani
Samuel Dalembert, Anderson Varejao

Shumpert, Smith (P.O.), Odom, Varejao, Dalembert, Stoudemire, and Bargnani contract year...

If Phil wanted to unload after acquiring assets... To target Pau Gasol, Loul Deng, etc...

Dion Waiters & Amare Stoudemire to 76ers, maybe???
Anthony Bennett & Andrea Bargnani to Magic or somewhere else???

The aftermath could look like this:

Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Pablo Prigioni
Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr.
J.R. Smith, Andrew Wiggins, Cleanthony Early
Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Jeremy Tyler
Samuel Dalembert, Anderson Varejao

I think Derek Fisher & Company could work with that kind of lineup...

I know its a stretch, but I know I am not the only one fed up with will he or won't he re-sign... Rumors state he wants to play with James, and this could be a possibility instead of Cleveland targeting Kevin Love, they make a deal with us for Melo...

CoolClyde

^you had me at S&T to Cleveland. the rest is mumbo jumbo pipe dream, IMHO.

I, for one, would love this to happen. Go home LeBron!

So Rose isnt a star player??? Fact it was clear in his actions that Rose did not want Anthony at the Bulls, he knows Anthony is not a winner. Cannot believe the decision of the Knicks to re-sign Anthony, the laziest player in the league!!

Rose is a star player, but he could not be more on the outside of the social inner circle that I am talking about in my last comment in this thread. For what it's worth, D Rose also didn't want Lebron in 2010. He thinks that he is enough star for Chicago, which is why he may not be there forever if he keeps the same attitude.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo can now sign that lucrative Knicks contract but is waiting for Lebron to make his decision. If I was Phil I would be pissed, what kind of commitment does that show to the Knicks for offering a guy 130M. I'd have a nice surprise in that contract like a team option in the 3rd year when he gets ready to sign.

Broadway

All Star
Melo can now sign that lucrative Knicks contract but is waiting for Lebron to make his decision. If I was Phil I would be pissed, what kind of commitment does that show to the Knicks for offering a guy 130M. I'd have a nice surprise in that contract like a team option in the 3rd year when he gets ready to sign.

Well Stephen A. was on ESPn Radio moments ago restating what took place yesterday after Isola's piece. He said he received a phone call at around 5:00 informing him that Isola's story is premature and that Chicago is very much in play. He also said Phil doesn't like the idea of trading Melo to a team making them stronger while they try to rebuild. The error in this thinking especially with a team like the Bulls they still have cap space this summer(to get better a la sign Pau Gasol) and next summer should they strike out and they're still much much much much better than us. OTOH we could get some very valuable pieces back via S&T.

This about save face stuff is incredibly juvenile and doesn't walk the line of being a true business professional.

Stephen A. did say in the end he still thinks Melo resigns back here.

If true then there's a reason Wojo immediately tweeted what he did yesterday after Isola broke some partial news. His camp is angling for the Bulls or stalling for another possible out if Lebron delays and Bosh is forced to take Rox max offer.

Here's the issue.....Why would we want someone back on our team who is doing this? Why can't we as Knick fans see this for what it is? Melo who is represented by Leon Rose, and (like he did with Denver and the Nets) allowing competition to make things more difficult on us and once again it's centered around money.

How can anyone like this dude? I just don't get it, really I don't. Phil should have probed them deeper to establish how open they were to a S&T and made it public, therefore putting the onus on Melo and his camp as manipulating BSers dousing their leverage. Phil once again showing major error as an exec.

Last edited:

vrgadin

Benchwarmer

No, he is a broken down injury prone pretender. Now take your chicagoland ass off our forums

Kiyaman

Legend
Reports now are that melo is waiting on bron to see where he goes and see if theres any way he can join him. Iv always been a melo fan but this makes me sick. Punk needs to ride lecheats coattails to win anything, he dosent give a damn about the knicks, hell leave in a heartbeat if he can get with jamenipulation, just remember we are his goddamn fallback plan if he cant make a dream team somewhere. Punkass

LMAO even LeBron ignored this DIVA FOOL

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 22s

Several days ago -- and maybe it's changed since but... -- 'Melo hadn't even been able to reach LeBron James, sources tell Yahoo.

NOBODY SHOWED to his meetings with other teams. HIL-FFFING-LARIOUS.

Nobody wants to play with this clown. He is actually being FORCED to return to New York because nobody wants to play with him. FFF-ing loser.

Phil Jackson and Fisher chasing after a player (ISO-MELO) who always had a problem getting back on defense, and never run on a fastbreak, has me losing big-faith in Phil & Fisher decision-making for the Knicks future.
I watch Phil Jackson get rid of lazy-players like that in LA and Chicago.

Hmm, today was kind of a dud for Melo news so far other than the idea that PJ gave Melo his choice of 5 different contracts he could sign. Kind of an interesting idea, but only if you know how the 5 contracts are different (presumably max salary). Honestly, people will say that Melo is selfish if he takes the biggest contract, but isn't that what you are supposed to do and it's your boss' job to negotiate a competitive rate with you? Whatever. Maybe tomorrow we'll hear something.

Melo haters rejoice. I just read that at the 11th hour Melo is having second thoughts about the Knicks and is re-thinking going to the Bulls. Whatever. If that is the case, great. Either we win the Melo sweepstakes or we win the not having Melo sweepstakes. My enthusiasm for this free agency period has more or less gone away after all this unnecessary prolongation and misinformation across the board. We start summer league ball tomorrow, if I've not mistaken, and in a few months we will have a team on the court with or without Melo. I will cheer for whoever we happen to have on the team at that point. Let's go Knicks!

Bigsav

Rookie
No, he is a broken down injury prone pretender. Now take your chicagoland ass off our forums

I bleed orange and blue. However in principal I think max contracts should be reserved for players whom have won championships and are star players on both ends of the court.

Melo does not bring either of those to the knicks!

I bleed orange and blue. However in principal I think max contracts should be reserved for players whom have won championships and are star players on both ends of the court.

Melo does not bring either of those to the knicks!

If you bleed orange and blue then be more active on the forums, we're down to a dozen or so who seem to post here regularly.

Any which way, 2014-2015 starting lineup - Dalembert, Stat, Shump, JR Smith, and Calderon with Bargnani and THJ first two guys off the bench. We'll run the triangle offense and maybe play some defense, too. Go ahead Melo, go to Chicago. We're making the playoffs this coming season, maybe we'll meet you there. I don't care any more. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Chicago can't give him the max without a SnT so what's to decide. Guys are signing fat contracts as soon as they can, in fact Gortat said it was the best day of his life when he inked that 60M deal. Come on Melo, it's a no-brainer, let's hear something today.

hrt10 that team without Melo will be god awful bad.

Last edited:
Chicago can't give him the max without a SnT so what's to decide. Guys are signing fat contracts as soon as they can, in fact Gortat said it was the best day of his life when he inked that 60M deal. Come on Melo, it's a no-brainer, let's hear something today.

Shhh. I've entered delusional positive Knicks fan mode. This whole thing with Melo has broken my brain at this point.

Broadway

All Star

That team can't produce no worse a season than we just witnessed except this time a pick awaits us.

Another really informative news bit about Melo and the Knicks on the internet. Apparently, we went from confident to freaking out to confident and now we're freaking out again. Great, just great.

tiger0330

Legend
Bosh to Houston. Melo re-signs with the Knicks late today or tomorrow unless Lebron insists they get Melo, chasing a ring with Lebron in Cleveland means Melo isn't going to win any rings in his lifetime, he might as well play for the money.