Page 91 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41617185868788899091929394959697111 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1772

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Um um um; First of all thread starter do a little proof reading: threw???? The diction error alone casts a shadow on the thread Secondly so are you guys gonna blame the harsh Winter on Melo too??? I mean every game we won is inspite of Melo but every game we lose is Melo's fault??? C'mon man...all this nonsense is why old school posters like Donchris don't even bother anymore....the low hoops IQ stuff posted around here is a shame. At this point I feel bad for Melo stuck with this team and sorry fanbase

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Um um um; First of all thread starter do a little proof reading: threw???? The diction error alone casts a shadow on the thread Secondly so are you guys gonna blame the harsh Winter on Melo too??? I mean every game we won is inspite of Melo but every game we lose is Melo's fault??? C'mon man...all this nonsense is why old school posters like Donchris don't even bother anymore....the low hoops IQ stuff posted around here is a shame. At this point I feel bad for Melo stuck with this team and sorry fanbase
    LOL I gave you nothing but truth and facts. The proof is on the ball court with melo's game and results at the end of the game.Was else do you need? This franchise isn't going nowhere with Melo on the team and it doesn't take a guy with a low hoops IQ to see that.I don't mind you disagreeing with me but when you call me stupid then that's uncalled forman and I know you are smarter than that.This is my opinion about Melo and if you think I am stupid then please quit reading my post's. Back to the thread this team cannot win with melo on it b/c of his ego and his me.myself and I attitude.
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Jan 24, 2014 at 22:09.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

How can we realistically win if Melo is averaging 16 points a game?

We give up 99 points a game.
    That means we need to score 100 points a game to be a winning team.

Melo scores 16 points a game in 30 minutes(which isn't realistic since he averages over 20 ppg per 30 minutes)

Who else picks up the scoring load?
    What does Smith average?
    What does Felton average?
    What does Bargnani average?
    What Chandler average?
    What does Shumpert average?

If you can't answer these questions and then give a solid reason why this team would win with those guys scoring points they never scored before in their career then it's best to say you have no point there.

Consider the fact most of those guys are terrible whether they take a lot of shots or take very little shots. They're not good. Stop thinking they can help this team. They can't.

Melo is a star player, he doesn't choose to be. Melo has been a star in high school, college and the NBA. He'll retire and end his career with that status and get a free walk into the hall of fame. You're covering your eyes and pretending Melo is inflating his stats for star recognition. I invite you to watch a Knicks game with me and I'll clearly show you the things Melo do on the court that separate him from other players.

This is your problem.
    You want to create a world that isn't real.
    You want to create a world where Melo isn't a superstar.
    You want to create a world where Melo isn't the best player on the Knicks.
    You want to create a whore where Knicks are better without Melo on the court.

The problem is reality.
    Reality doesn't allow this for you.
    Your protest to research will be your enemy.

Throughout research look at what we find:

Knicks play their best basketball when Carmelo is on the court.

If you look at the most productive units, Carmelo is in all of them.
    The worst units tend to be the Chandler/Bargnani front court.

What does this tell you?
    Melo is by far the best thing we have obviously, but it doesn't mean he's a bad team player; it is just an issue of us having a really bad team. When you realize that, things will make more sense for you.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    It's another reason to consider trading him. Think about it, Melo is busting his ass putting up career numbers and playing 40 minutes a game and this is the appreciation he gets. It would burn me and I wouldn't be sticking around in FA.
    Yea, these clowns who call themselves Knick fans don't know what the struggle or forgot what it was.

If you're a Knick fan you will remember the days when Kurt Thomas was our go to option on the floor.
    If you're a Knick fan you will remember the days Howard Eisley was our floor general.
    If you're a Knick fan you will remember how we never had any All Star representation in the league until Melo.

I want this team to win as much as anyone here, but when you're blaming the luxury of having one of the best in the league on the team, you look like a straight up fool.

I wouldn't be mad if Melo leaves NY, he's going to embarrass a lot of haters.

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Reading is fundamental....the source is a "close friend" if you think Beno and Melo are close friends you're more of an imbicile than originally expected.

Here's what we do know...this story came out right after Tyson questioned Woodson's defensive schemes and right as the media was wanting Woodson to meet this supposed veiled usurping challenge via questioning. Woodson told the media he had a talk with Tyson but guess what Melo somewhat threw a shot out there too in regards to scheme but his focus was (offense scheme) getting him the ball against the Pacers.

Very peculiar Woodson did not mention having a talk with Melo. You don't think Tyson caught the elephant dung from Woodson there?

As Woodson was preparing to address the media...Tyson was spotted having lunch with Steve Mills.

My guess, it's Tyson.... or the player who originally called out how we run our offense early in the season....Amar'e.
    Either way, Tyson is a scrub.

Terrible playoff performance.
    Was average last season.
    Has been terrible this year.
    Injury prone.
    One of the most overpaid players in the NBA.
    Almost at the end of his career.

If Tyson had something to give to the Knicks, his word would be valuable. He's as much of the Knicks problem along with Bargnani, Smith, Stoudemire and Felton.

12th man

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Lebron on this team we would have a winning record and Woody would be gone.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    It's another reason to consider trading him. Think about it, Melo is busting his ass putting up career numbers and playing 40 minutes a game and this is the appreciation he gets. It would burn me and I wouldn't be sticking around in FA.
    Because Melo is always looking at the straw in the fans eye before pulling out the rafter in his own....

He delivered the first shot...

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony tells me, as our cigars burn close to the nub. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career.

It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.” Take a breath, Knicks fans. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving.

“I came to New York for a reason,” Anthony adds. “I’ve been with you all my life, almost to a fault. I wanted to come here and take on the pressures of playing in New York. So one thing I would tell my fans: If you haven’t heard it from me, then it ain’t true.”

Melo nor his malitia want retaliation....sorry he's eating these bullets.

Like Jadakiss said....

"As soon as you come out your crib I'm gonna be....BY YOUR SIDE....where I'm supposed to be, close to you, with the toast close me"

12th man

Felton wasn't even the best player on his team when he a won a NCAA Championship.
    You care about everything Melo does, you direct 100% blame towards Melo. Take responsibility for your foolishness.
    Who the F is Evelyn Lozado? Sounds like one of my distant cousins.

The rest of this post is just a mindless ramble.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I could care less of Melo's individual accomplishments and get this....you nor anyone else cared about what he was doing in this league on a personal level before we acquired him. Even with his acquisition I could care less what he did for Denver or what he did in Syracuse. Last time I checked neither one of those teams are the New York Knicks. For crying out loud Raymond Felton has an NCAA champion and I don't hear anyone bringing up his Carolina linage and success there in effort to make excuses for his failures of today.

How did Evelyn Lozado put it?

MELO IS A MUTHA EFFIN NON-FACTOR

Pre Melo yeah maybe 1 too many dumb New Yorkers were thinking this way about Superstar acquisitions.... but anyone with a brain knows putting a team full of stars together is rather fictitious at best.

Go look at the history of the game. Go look back if your cabbage is working at all and ask yourself besides the Pistons of all the teams that won a chip how did they acquire their CORE star(s)? Don't say the Celtics because they drafted Pierce and Rondo. Don't say Lakers they got Shaq via Free Agency(a chance we supposedly had because remember Melo wanted to play for us right?)....oh that's right I'm forgetting 1 small footnote....Melo also wanted his scrilla resolved before the new CBA kicked in.

The whole point is when you acquire someone else's main prize via trade in their prime, it becomes that much more difficult to win it all. Especially when you have no assets in the cut. It strips you of the ability to move forward in paramount. The only 2 teams that may buck this trend is...(Clippers/Rockets) as things currently stand. Even then, the Clippers can be eliminated somewhat because they acquired Blake((CORE) star)) and to a smaller degree Jordan((CORE) mini star)) via the draft.........(organically).

The price paid for Melo was too steep, too rich...For 2 reasons...1 I already mentioned we had small rations, sparse assets and 2 most importantly Melo is not Lebron or Durant doesn't matter what their games of head-to-head say, which can be likened to horse. Let me ask you, since Melo almost equals Lebron in your eyes what would we have offered Denver say Lebron made the demand to be traded here?

Therefore with such astronomical price paid, comes astronomical expectations. Your expectations are low scummy dross level low.

I also find this comical too because when 2010 was approaching I heard not 1 New York fan say...."Hey preserve 2011-2012 cap space and pair Lebron with Melo"....nope! Everyone thought if Lebron came, no matter who was on that team even if it was a team full of Ared Effries we were CONTENDERS, primed to win it all. Why? Because Lebron is that guy.

Here's a doosy for ya.....Dallas didn't have a guy with a better head-to-head than James but Dirk waxed them cakes in the Finals. The reason.....helps to draft your own (CORE) guy and construct a team full of very good players in the 3 tier area of stardome and other serviceable role players.

Dollars to Donuts not 1 GM in this league, not even the ones we've had the past 20yrs builds a team based on head-to-head matchups at any given position. Not 1, not even a make believe GM.......Laugh Out Loud, Hardy Har-Har-Har, Snicker Diddly Doodle Doo.... I Pity The Foo You....MELTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if its been said but the title is wrong. It should be "I am so through with Melo". Threw is the past tense of the word throw. I'm not normally a Word Nazi but this one is actually annoying me.

told ya'll Melo aint the problem man, anybody that scores 37 points in the half can't be the problem

12th man

Originally Posted by Wargames
    told ya'll Melo aint the problem man, anybody that scores 37 points in the half can't be the problem
    Exactamundo

12th man

Great time to make this thread.
    3G4G, Kiyaman and friends are probably scared to look at the first post in this thread. They'll probably vomit in site after Melo's 62 point 13 rebound performance.

12th man

I'm through with You!!! - Carmelo Anthony

Last edited by LeFlume; Jan 24, 2014 at 23:49.

12th man

This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.