Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Yahoo sports, and Isola want to sit Melo for knee surgery ....

Anthony?s Knicks stuck at 4-19, tied with Detroit for the most losses in the terrible Eastern Conference, Anthony may decide to scale it back a bit. He may decide to interrupt his season in order to undergo surgery on that troubled left knee.

From Frank Isola at the New York Daily News:

?At this point, it?s evaluating and seeing," Anthony said. ?Some days are better than others. It?s a matter if I want to continue to play on it and the pain threshold. The flip side to that is we are losing games. I hate it, I hate to sit on the sidelines and watch my teammates.
?At this point, sitting down with trainers and coaches and seeing what?s best for everybody. If it?s best for me to sit out, take some time to get it right, then that?s a decision we?ll have to make. But they?ll have to pull me out.?

It is believed that if in fact surgery is needed Anthony could postpone the procedure until after the season but his most recent comments reveal a player who is concerned that his knee is not improving. Throughout his career, Anthony has shown a willingness to play hurt, including the finishing the playoffs two years ago despite suffering from a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder.

Anthony is not suspected to have a ligament or cartilage tear, which means the surgery could be a relatively minor one. It is true that sometimes cleanup treatments reveal further, unexpected damage and result in a debilitating microfracture procedure, but Anthony doesn?t have the sort of balky knee history that would leave one to suspect that things are worse than what Carmelo is letting on.

Will the Knicks sitting Melo .... force rookie coach Fisher to start coaching a first-unit triangle lineup (Dally, Amare, Wear, Shump, Calderon as starters n finishers? Having a second-unit triangle lineup of Cole, J.Smith, Acy, THJ, and Prigioni.
The only way to teach/learn triangle are using the same 5 players in a "unit" to make mistakes, and each of the 5 players correct each other mistakes. That is not the way Fisher been coaching the past 23 games.

Fisher has been coaching just like our past 3 head-coaches (Isiah, Dantoni, Woodard) using a non-running 3 guard half-court offense where 90% of the shots are outside jumpers, and the team defense, and rebounds are pitiful.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Lord I am so sick and tired of hearing the sorry excuse that Melo has no talent around him. COME ON!!! We are talking about the NBA and if you are playing in the NBA then you have talent.Every one of these players have talent b/c they are in the pros!!! The talent on this team should have already won more than four games but they are handcuffed by Melo's huge ego and ball hogging so enough with that excuse.Its time to man up and put the blame where it should be put and thats Melo.The guy is a cancer!! Everywhere he goes he starts trouble,his teams suck and he gets coachs fired.Me and a few others on here tried to tell you all that this was what was going to happen and this week it did.The players are sick and tired of Melo and his me,myself and I attitude and they are tired of biting their tongues.I don't blame them at all for telling Melo to play team ball and quit thinking just about him self.I applaud Hardaway for hollering at melo telling him to rebound the ball and I applaud the whole team for telling Melo to play team ball/pass the ball b/c that is what a team does.That tells me that they want to win and are tired of Melo's antics.Alot of you wanted Melo well you got him but look forward to ALOT of losing until the knicks front office comes to their senses and get rid of the guy.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
When Payton Manning cusses his oline out for missing a block or a receiver for running the wrong route, he's "being a leader." But Melo:"that selfish overpaid n***A..." I can't stand the liberal white media and those who buy the bs being sold on Chief:(

does manning make people around him better???.... I musta missed where is was called 'that selfish overpaid n***A'... please direct us to where we can find that quote... but if u take out the 'n***A', that quote is a fact..jack...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo isn't a PG....ok...However he draws double teams...its up to JR, Shump and crew to knockdown shots. You haters are something else.. Mad Melo got his $$$$ so now you are blaming this whole season on him...not Mills for paying 12 million Bargs to sit on the BENCH...Not P-Jax for hiring a rookie coach with no experience and trading away our best defender in Tyson Chandler for two bums...nope... All Melo's fault even tho the numbers say otherwise..."simple thought from simple folks" on Chief:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Lord I am so sick and tired of hearing the sorry excuse that Melo has no talent around him. COME ON!!! We are talking about the NBA and if you are playing in the NBA then you have talent.Every one of these players have talent b/c they are in the pros!!! The talent on this team should have already won more than four games but they are handcuffed by Melo's huge ego and ball hogging so enough with that excuse.Its time to man up and put the blame where it should be put and thats Melo.The guy is a cancer!! Everywhere he goes he starts trouble,his teams suck and he gets coachs fired.Me and a few others on here tried to tell you all that this was what was going to happen and this week it did.The players are sick and tired of Melo and his me,myself and I attitude and they are tired of biting their tongues.I don't blame them at all for telling Melo to play team ball and quit thinking just about him self.I applaud Hardaway for hollering at melo telling him to rebound the ball and I applaud the whole team for telling Melo to play team ball/pass the ball b/c that is what a team does.That tells me that they want to win and are tired of Melo's antics.Alot of you wanted Melo well you got him but look forward to ALOT of losing until the knicks front office comes to their senses and get rid of the guy.

Good post. But getting rid of cancer is very, very difficult.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Uhhhh Melo's Nuggets NEVER missed the playoffs look it up and holla back

Yeah and tell me who was the one player that finally showed his true colors and disrupted the team and wouldn't listen to the coach?.It was Melo and thats exactly why Carl wanted him traded!! Now that brings us to here in NY Melo is starting the same crap and disrupting the whole team.Denver isn't having those problems now are they? NOPE!! but we sure are.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Noooooo; Denver never surrounded Melo with any talent either so he asked to be traded from the cowtown to come home to the big apple

pat

Starter
Yeah and tell me who was the one player that finally showed his true colors and disrupted the team and wouldn't listen to the coach?.It was Melo and thats exactly why Carl wanted him traded!! Now that brings us to here in NY Melo is starting the same crap and disrupting the whole team.Denver isn't having those problems now are they? NOPE!! but we sure are.

Don't feed the troll. He can't be serious. If he is he needs to see someone ASAP.

Kiyaman

Legend
Noooooo; Denver never surrounded Melo with any talent either so he asked to be traded from the cowtown to come home to the big apple

Why do people say that .. Camby, AI, K-Mart, and Billups all been to the FINALS on their previous team before they became Melo teammate in Denver.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Bingo my a** look over those lineups Melo was on in Denver and tell me ANY was good enough to get past a stacked WC with Kobe/Shaq/Big shot Bob with the Lakeshow; cmon Chauncy was the best player Melo played with in Denver and Chauncys best days were already behind him in Motown. U guys need to share that S**t you be smokin sometimes real talk. And u wonder why KO.COM sucks right now????Low collective hoops IQ on Chief:(

Compared to the other threads on this forum, this thread continues to be like the Wild West. Will it last for the entire duration of Melo's career as a Knick with people continuing to go back and forth about his pre-Knicks merits or demerits? Probably. I'm guessing that all these years later very few people's opinions on him have changed from when we first got him.