Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ... 43637387888990919293949596979899113 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1810

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

  1. #1381
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    umm, most points by a player with 0 assists? not complaining, jus' 'sayin...

  2. #1382
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Video Melo's 62 - Full Highlights


  3. #1383
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    umm, most points by a player with 0 assists? not complaining, jus' 'sayin...
    FFF all that, Im complaining .. we are a losing-team for 2 reason:
    1) we dont play Team-Ball on offense
    2) we dont play Team-Ball on defense
    And the number #1 reason why we Knicks dont play Team-Ball ..
    are Ball-Hogger Carmelo Anthony has the greenlight to score 62 points.
    After getting upset from listening to Knicks news on the radio ....

    Knicks players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's.
    Melo came to the game unhappy with his teammates, and showed it by taking 35 fga, never looking to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

    Melo broke The Knicks all-time Ball-Hogger record ..
    20 pts in the first quarter, and 17 pts in the 2nd quarter (37 pts) .. if that's not the sign of a ball-hoggin NUT, that acts like he dont need teammates, then Nuts is on me.

    PS .. its a disgrace they use Bernard King name, King scored 60 points in a close playoff game where the lead kept changing all game, plus the oponent won the Championship that year. Helluva Big Difference!

  4. #1384
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Should we Knicks fans be celebrating the 62 pts from one player, or should we be celebrating the 16th win of the season? Looking for ur

    We are a losing-team for 2 reason:

    1) we dont play Team-Ball on offense
    2) we dont play Team-Ball on defense
    And the number #1 reason why we Knicks dont play Team-Ball ..
    are Ball-Hogger Carmelo Anthony has the greenlight to score 62 points.
    After getting upset from listening to Knicks news on the radio ....

    Knicks players on the team think Melo and the iso offense is the reason the team is losing. They think that he is the one to go (be traded). One of the players is a close friend of Melo's.

    Melo came to the game unhappy with his teammates, and showed it by taking 35 fga, never looking to pass the ball to any of his teammates.


    Melo broke The Knicks all-time Ball-Hogger record ..
    20 pts in the first quarter, and 17 pts in the 2nd quarter (37 pts) .. if that's not the sign of a ball-hoggin NUT, that acts like he dont need teammates, then Nuts is on me.

    PS .. its a disgrace they use Bernard King name, King scored 60 points in a close playoff game where the lead kept changing all game, plus the oponent won the Championship that year. Helluva Big Difference!

  5. #1385
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Kiyaman you have "issues"...

    I have nothing but love for Melo. What an incredible performance.

    and thanks 8's for the hightlights.

  6. #1386
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    FFF all that, Im complaining .. we are a losing-team for 2 reason:
    1) we dont play Team-Ball on offense
    2) we dont play Team-Ball on defense
    And the number #1 reason why we Knicks dont play Team-Ball ..
    are Ball-Hogger Carmelo Anthony has the greenlight to score 62 points.
    After getting upset from listening to Knicks news on the radio ....



    Melo came to the game unhappy with his teammates, and showed it by taking 35 fga, never looking to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

    Melo broke The Knicks all-time Ball-Hogger record ..
    20 pts in the first quarter, and 17 pts in the 2nd quarter (37 pts) .. if that's not the sign of a ball-hoggin NUT, that acts like he dont need teammates, then Nuts is on me.

    PS .. its a disgrace they use Bernard King name, King scored 60 points in a close playoff game where the lead kept changing all game, plus the oponent won the Championship that year. Helluva Big Difference!

  7. #1387
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    My bad .... Crazy8 .. u still the MAN

  8. #1388
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I know you all don't know this about me but I feel like I should tell you all even thow I didn't want this out b/c you will look at me differently now but hopefully I will quit being called dumb,stupid,ignorant,idiot on here. Listen guys I have been called dumb,stupid,ignorant and a idiot on here. Yes I messed up on the title but mistakes happen!! I was born with cerebral palsy and I have had a tough life very tough b/c of it.I can do stuff like the normal people do but its a lot harder for me.It messes my spelling and grammer up b/c of what I have and I am sure I will keep getting made fun of and laughed at in the real world but I have news for you.Every time I get made fun of,called dumb,stupid and idiot on here or in the real world all you all are doing lighting a fire under me that will make me more determined to keep smiling and live my life to the fullest.So I owe you guys a thank you b/c you are making me stronger and stronger each and every day.Sorry to get off topic but I had to write this even thow I didn't want to. I enjoy this site and talking to all of you.Yes we all will disagree like with the melo conversation but that doesn't mean we can't still get along and have fun on here.

    u shouldnt feel u have to apologize, or give more info bout self than what u gave when u join.
    Especially when everyone understood the title .. plus we are in the age of multi-cultural awareness.
    Being bi-ligual, I get corrected in both countries .. it made me learn quick about people who correct u.
    Some correct u for ur advancement, and some correct u to show u are inferior to them.
    Whatever .... just "Keep on Steppin" dont let obstacles make u late

  9. #1389
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think if melo trusted the players around him to win and make baskets, he wouldn't be the ball hogger some of us think he is. Now granted, once he got to 40 pts last night, he was looking to hog to try and break the record. I just think if he had other proven players on the Knicks, that he would pass more and trust more.

    On a side note, congrats Melo, for a memorable performance, in so far a not so memorable Knicks year

  10. #1390
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're a clown.
    62 Point Performance is the greatest offensive performance at Madison Square Garden history.
    You've become more of a Melo hater than an Knick fan.
    I am here to remove your Knickerbocker membership.
    You will now rot in the pit with Kiyaman and 3G4G as guys who only find pleasure in Melo failing than succeeding. Rot you sad soul.

    Bobcats are TOP 5 in the NBA defense, they allow 95-96 points per game. This makes the performance greater than it plus the fact Melo had no turnovers.
    This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.
    This is better than Kobe's 81 point performance.

    The more you type the more less educated you present yourself.
    You want Bargs shooting over Melo? You're dumb. Theres no debating this, it's just a plain fact you're not a bright person.
    100 out of 100 NBA personnel would choose Melo over everyone that isn't named Durant or LeBron. But you're talking about Bargnani's bumb ass? We play 5X better as a team without Bargnani. Bargnani hasn't done anything for New York for you to hold an allegiance to him.

    You're only bringing up Melo because you're trying to play devil's advocate and not support Melo. You're a loser for that lameness.

    Knicks still suck? Who cares.

    Melo made history.
    This team won't be good until trades are made.
    Trades that include your man Bargnani because he doesn't make this team better.
    Trades that don't include Melo because he's by far the best player we had.

    Since 33

    Numero 33, the guy in your sig...

    the guy in my sig giving Melo respect.

    Now why don't you be a man for once in your life and pay respect to the guy that your idol pays respect to?
    It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

    A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
    It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.

  11. #1391
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

    A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
    It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.
    Welcome to my ignore list bro....its gotten to the point that you're hopeless.

    All this negativity and mindless pessimism is unhealthy for you.

    Being a fan is about celebrating and love, not discrediting and hate. You seem to come here more for the brutality part of being a fan.

    I'm realistic as they get and I will bash any Knick when it's deserved. But after the greatest performance in MSG history you choose to hate on the bes player we've had in almost two decades, you don't deserve my attention.

    It's not even funny anymore.

    3G4G and Kiyaman, adios forever until you guys stop being clowns around these boards.

  12. #1392
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone who calls Melo a ball hog are the same people who want to see Bargnani take 30 shots a game. Because in their little ugly eyes, Bargs > Melo

  13. #1393
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Underrated to the MAX.

  14. #1394
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're a clown.
    62 Point Performance is the greatest offensive performance at Madison Square Garden history.
    You've become more of a Melo hater than an Knick fan.
    I am here to remove your Knickerbocker membership.
    You will now rot in the pit with Kiyaman and 3G4G as guys who only find pleasure in Melo failing than succeeding. Rot you sad soul.

    Bobcats are TOP 5 in the NBA defense, they allow 95-96 points per game. This makes the performance greater than it plus the fact Melo had no turnovers.
    This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.
    This is better than Kobe's 81 point performance.

    The more you type the more less educated you present yourself.
    You want Bargs shooting over Melo? You're dumb. Theres no debating this, it's just a plain fact you're not a bright person.
    100 out of 100 NBA personnel would choose Melo over everyone that isn't named Durant or LeBron. But you're talking about Bargnani's bumb ass? We play 5X better as a team without Bargnani. Bargnani hasn't done anything for New York for you to hold an allegiance to him.

    You're only bringing up Melo because you're trying to play devil's advocate and not support Melo. You're a loser for that lameness.

    Knicks still suck? Who cares.

    Melo made history.
    This team won't be good until trades are made.
    Trades that include your man Bargnani because he doesn't make this team better.
    Trades that don't include Melo because he's by far the best player we had.

    Since 33

    Numero 33, the guy in your sig...

    the guy in my sig giving Melo respect.

    Now why don't you be a man for once in your life and pay respect to the guy that your idol pays respect to?

    i think we should blow up this team. We should trade Melo now when his value is the highest. Although he's the best player on the team. Why? First, he can be a UFA and we'll get nothing in return. Second, He is going to be over 30 and looking for a max contract. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut I don't think the Knicks should resign him.

    As for the rest of the team, I have nobody to blame except Dolan(that's a whole other thread). I never supported the J.R signing or Felton. One was during his contract year and the other was just fat and lazy. He pushed himself for a year. He's back to his lazy scrub ass self again. Dog house these two scrubs and let the young players play. Give them some experience, maybe uncover a gem or two. Could be used as trade bait.

    I'm thinking like a GM that has no emotional ties to any of the players. It's probably the smartest thing to do.

    Truth is nobody in their right mind would want to play for this truly dysfunctional Knicks organization, i.e Ron Artest. All they do is sign players way past their prime and pay them to be hurt. The Brooklyn Net's did the same thing but at least they are getting something out of those players.

    you know why JR and Felton will never be traded? and probably get a job within the org? because they are part of the good ol boys club that Dolan runs.

  15. #1395
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    How can we realistically win if Melo is averaging 16 points a game?

    We give up 99 points a game.
    That means we need to score 100 points a game to be a winning team.

    Melo scores 16 points a game in 30 minutes(which isn't realistic since he averages over 20 ppg per 30 minutes)

    Who else picks up the scoring load?
    What does Smith average?
    What does Felton average?
    What does Bargnani average?
    What Chandler average?
    What does Shumpert average?

    If you can't answer these questions and then give a solid reason why this team would win with those guys scoring points they never scored before in their career then it's best to say you have no point there.

    Consider the fact most of those guys are terrible whether they take a lot of shots or take very little shots. They're not good. Stop thinking they can help this team. They can't.

    Melo is a star player, he doesn't choose to be. Melo has been a star in high school, college and the NBA. He'll retire and end his career with that status and get a free walk into the hall of fame. You're covering your eyes and pretending Melo is inflating his stats for star recognition. I invite you to watch a Knicks game with me and I'll clearly show you the things Melo do on the court that separate him from other players.

    This is your problem.
    You want to create a world that isn't real.
    You want to create a world where Melo isn't a superstar.
    You want to create a world where Melo isn't the best player on the Knicks.
    You want to create a whore where Knicks are better without Melo on the court.

    The problem is reality.
    Reality doesn't allow this for you.
    Your protest to research will be your enemy.

    Throughout research look at what we find:





    Knicks play their best basketball when Carmelo is on the court.



    If you look at the most productive units, Carmelo is in all of them.
    The worst units tend to be the Chandler/Bargnani front court.

    What does this tell you?
    Melo is by far the best thing we have obviously, but it doesn't mean he's a bad team player; it is just an issue of us having a really bad team. When you realize that, things will make more sense for you.

    Thanks Metro I was very curious to see these Stats but I do not have the time on my hands.....I absolutely knew you would do the research for me and I thank you........I do not consider you the enemy and I sure hope you do not consider me that way. If you do then super thanks for getting me the numbers I was looking,,,,,,,,,,

    Listen we agree on one thing for sure Prigioni should be the starting PG and Felton should be off the bench for 18 minutes Max......Melo's team ball will only get better with a high IQ PG like Prigs.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 20:42
  2. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2012, 18:05
  3. Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2012, 22:15
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 18:01

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •