Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Knixy

Benchwarmer
You really think it's better than the TC, Stat, Melo, Shump, JR and Felton squad that made it to the second round? I hope you're right but I doubt it.

I think the 2013 team was the biggest fluke in Knicks history. It still boggles my mind how that team won 53 games! We even had Ronnie Brewer and James White start like half a season! LOL!

While this year's team won't win 50 games, I think they are comparable to the 2010 team with Amar'e and a bunch of young guys.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think the 2013 team was the biggest fluke in Knicks history. It still boggles my mind how that team won 53 games! We even had Ronnie Brewer and James White start like half a season! LOL!

While this year's team won't win 50 games, I think they are comparable to the 2010 team with Amar'e and a bunch of young guys.

Do you think Woodson should get credit for it? Could he be underrated as a coach?

Kiyaman

Legend

We had Super-Star HOF Jason Kidd on our 2013 roster, which makes the 53 wins not a fluke.
Jason Kidd is NBA famous for being able to perform to each of his teammates talents plus Kidd style has always improve his teammates performance on the court.

Player n Super-Star
ISO-Melo 2015-16 season shot 43% from the fg
Warriors Steph Curry ended the regular season shooting 46% from the 3-Ball line (400 made)

Kiyaman

Legend
The money n power the Nuggets n Knicks gave to ISO-Melo swelled-up Melo's EGO to the point teammates n coaches want to be Melo opponents .... Phil Jackson has been using the excuse of getting a coach n players that know the triangle-offense when the fact of the reality are no winning coach or veteran player want to be on the ISO-Melo Knicks ...this will be Phils 3rd offseason as Knicks president holding a 54-110 LOSER record

Kiyaman

Legend
The money n power the Nuggets n Knicks gave to ISO-Melo swelled-up Melo's EGO to the point teammates n coaches want to be Melo opponents .... Phil Jackson has been using the excuse of getting a coach n players that know the triangle-offense when the fact of the reality are no winning coach or veteran player want to be on the ISO-Melo Knicks ...this will be Phils 3rd offseason as Knicks president holding a 54-110 LOSER record ........
With Franchise ISO-Melo

Those Fans who believe Melo never had any star teammates to take him to the next level need to do some NBA history on all the teammates Melo had thas been in the FINALS before becoming Melo teammate ...
Camby, Iverson, Kenyon Martin, Billups, Tyson Chandler, Kurt Thomas, Rasheed Wallace, and Jason Kidd.
Its hard to take Melo to the next level when Melo is always taking the Last Shots of the game.

DrB

Benchwarmer
With Franchise ISO

MELO is pas his his prime. The idiot KNICKS gave him 22 million/yr. He has a no trade CLAUSE. He stinks in crunch time....

As a New Yorker we must endure AROD, SABATHIA and MELO'S contracts.

For the record , Kiyaman, we really disagree. As bad as MELO sucks puling off his MEGA deal PJ sucks more. 12 million for what?

KingCharles34

All Star
Knicks won the Carmelo deal. Lol at some of the posts in here, I only read the 1st page and the last page.

To be fair, im sure I have some terrible posts in this thread :lol:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Is Melo the bad guy here in our situation? i honestly can't make up my mind, I like Melo, I also feel angry when he is lazy on defense (most of the time), but isn't he mismanaged? how bad the managment is here if they have something with him and they fail to talk to him to at least try to fix it...... we are talking sports here, so PJ can come and talk with Melo and try to find the best way to solve the problem, we are not talking about a very big company where the CEO do not talk to the employees!!!
Is Melo really bad or he is badly managed....

Kiyaman

Legend
Sources: Phil Jackson asks Carmelo Anthony if he wants to stay with Knicks

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson met with Carmelo Anthony on Tuesday and asked the embattled star if he wants to remain with the team, multiple sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.
The meeting took place two days after the publication of a critical column by Charley Rosen, a longtime confidant of Jackson who wrote that Anthony "has outlived his usefulness of the Knicks."
Anthony has publicly stated that he has not considered waiving his no-trade clause and said Monday that he has proven his loyalty to the Knicks.
Anthony has appeared annoyed when addressing the situation with the media in recent days, specifically
when asked about the insinuation from Jackson's confidant that he was no longer valuable to the team.
"If that's the case, if that's where it's coming from, that side, I guess it's a conversation we should have,'' Anthony said Sunday. "If they feel my time in New York is over, I guess that's a conversation we should have."
Neither Jackson nor general manager Steve Mills addressed the situation with Anthony on Monday, the star forward said after the Knicks' 108-107 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
Anthony added that he didn't feel it was necessary to have a conversation with management about the topic.
"My clarity is playing ball right now and getting some wins. If they want to come talk to me, I'm around them guys every day," he said. "I don't want this to be kind of going back and forth between me and the front office, management, because it's really nothing.
"I responded to an article that I read. That was that. There's nothing between myself and management at this point."
The Knicks (18-24) are in a free fall on the court, having lost 11 of their past 13 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Is Melo the bad guy here in our situation? i honestly can't make up my mind, I like Melo, I also feel angry when he is lazy on defense (most of the time), but isn't he mismanaged? how bad the managment is here if they have something with him and they fail to talk to him to at least try to fix it...... we are talking sports here, so PJ can come and talk with Melo and try to find the best way to solve the problem, we are not talking about a very big company where the CEO do not talk to the employees!!!
Is Melo really bad or he is badly managed....

Did management (Phil) give Melo the $25M per for 5 years?
Or did Knicks owner James Dolan hire Phil Jackson to persuade Melo into resigning for 5 more years at $124M?

We thought the famous Phil Jackson were gonna come in and clean house while putting the right people n players in the right place to have a up standing Knicks team.
I thought Phil was gonna teach Knicks players/coaches a new way to win .. Phil change the entire roster of players to new players (except for Melo), and Phil replace the entire coaching-staff with a new coaching-staff.
Why are the Knicks still playing the same ISOLATION style with poor effort on defense?
Melo .. Melo .. Melo !!!

Melo's poor leadership on offense/defense has stop the team from getting on the same-page plus the consistent individual isolation offense has stop team-chemistry.
If Dolan wants to keep Melo for the 5 years owed on his contract then Melo's playing-time minutes must be lowered between 24 to 28 minutes per game to have a energy Melo late in the 4th quarter.
To stop Melo from walking the ball up court to call a isolation play for him self as if he is the PG, the Knicks real PG must call a time-out to get a tired Melo out of the game.
The Knicks need a tough stern head-coach and a tough pass-first PG to deal with all the power Dolan has handed down to Melo.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Did management (Phil) give Melo the $25M per for 5 years?
Or did Knicks owner James Dolan hire Phil Jackson to persuade Melo into resigning for 5 more years at $124M?

We thought the famous Phil Jackson were gonna come in and clean house while putting the right people n players in the right place to have a up standing Knicks team.
I thought Phil was gonna teach Knicks players/coaches a new way to win .. Phil change the entire roster of players to new players (except for Melo), and Phil replace the entire coaching-staff with a new coaching-staff.
Why are the Knicks still playing the same ISOLATION style with poor effort on defense?
Melo .. Melo .. Melo !!!

Melo's poor leadership on offense/defense has stop the team from getting on the same-page plus the consistent individual isolation offense has stop team-chemistry.
If Dolan wants to keep Melo for the 5 years owed on his contract then Melo's playing-time minutes must be lowered between 24 to 28 minutes per game to have a energy Melo late in the 4th quarter.
To stop Melo from walking the ball up court to call a isolation play for him self as if he is the PG, the Knicks real PG must call a time-out to get a tired Melo out of the game.
The Knicks need a tough stern head-coach and a tough pass-first PG to deal with all the power Dolan has handed down to Melo.

agree with all that, but is it Melo's fault that he is not being forced to do the right thing, I am actually asking here, cause after all, Melo is a superstar, nobody should tell him you need to defend for example, but again, even if he is not pushing the team, they should know too that they need to defend hard no matter what. Even when Melo is on the bench, you don't see better defense..... Horn is a good coach, not a bad one, he is trying all the possibilities...... at one stage the team is playing like a very good team, the next thing you see them as a lottery team!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm going to tell you what ESPN and all of the writers wont. Melo is untradable. He's got a no trade clause and a heavy, heavy contract and he is declining as a player. The Knicks failed to put a strong team around him. Now, no longer in his prime, Melo must take a step back. A Westbrook/Melo tandem would be interesting. That's what it will take for Melo to win at this point.

So, if we accept the reality that he is untradeable, then what can be done? You can buy him out or just ride it out for another couple of years than buy him out. Trade everyone else aside from KP for young players and draft picks. Stuck with Noah too. There goes another **** contract. We've got to really stink it up before we can get better. No more quick fixes. Burn the house down!

Broadway

All Star
agree with all that, but is it Melo's fault that he is not being forced to do the right thing, I am actually asking here, cause after all, Melo is a superstar, nobody should tell him you need to defend for example, but again, even if he is not pushing the team, they should know too that they need to defend hard no matter what. Even when Melo is on the bench, you don't see better defense..... Horn is a good coach, not a bad one, he is trying all the possibilities...... at one stage the team is playing like a very good team, the next thing you see them as a lottery team!!!!

Be careful how you use this phrase when speaking of certain players. By name maybe but by trade he's not hence one of the major reasons we're such an abomination with him

Kiyaman

Legend
i am using it in the sense that he is responsible, he should know the best way to play and defend...

Melo's career history in the NBA shows Melo to be only a 45% isolation scorer .. nothing else.
Don't believe the hype bout Melo never had the star teammates around him ..
Melo started his NBA career having ex-Knick defensive double-double star Marcus Camby, plus our rookie center Nene.
Melo also had number 1 pick super-star Allen Iverson as a teammate, plus number 1 pick Kenyon Martin as a teammate.

paris401

Starter
. Melo is untradable.!

I would not say he is untradeable... someone 'mite' take him... maybe the paperclips, maybe boston...maybe .maybe... BUT.. we will have to take back 24m in salary... prob 2, poss 3 $hitty players... maybe we get a 1st rounder... big deal... if its the clips, it will be in the 20's, boston prob the same ... would they give us the nets pick... I wouldn't...

he's getting older by the day, them knee's and back have lots of miles on em... he mite just be UNTRADEABLE...

Broadway

All Star
Via ESPN...

Anthony did not rule out leaving the Knicks to maximize his chances to win a championship at some point. He is due to make $26.2 million next season and has a player option for $27.9 million in 2018-19, the final season of his contract.
"I don't think it would be called kind of chasing a ring," Anthony said of potentially leaving to join a contender. "I think it would be looking at opportunities and situations, if and when that time [does] come. I think it would be a collective effort on all fronts, not just mine. I think it would be a collective effort on the organization and understanding the direction that they want to go."