Page 95 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4565758990919293949596979899100101115 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Knicks just got to stop doing f*cking trades and let everyone come off the cap and rebuild around Melo. Dude is an elite scorer who isn't even a columns scorer most the time. I still say that he is in a lot of ways like dirk who needed a complete team to win it all in 2010. Sh*t JR playing for a contract was enough help for Melo to lead the knicks to a 54 win season. Knicks just need to get Melo some help and not over think this. 2015 will be there only chance (cause honestly melo won't last until the next great FA class) to get him that help.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Welcome to my ignore list bro....its gotten to the point that you're hopeless.

All this negativity and mindless pessimism is unhealthy for you.

Being a fan is about celebrating and love, not discrediting and hate. You seem to come here more for the brutality part of being a fan.

I'm realistic as they get and I will bash any Knick when it's deserved. But after the greatest performance in MSG history you choose to hate on the bes player we've had in almost two decades, you don't deserve my attention.

It's not even funny anymore.

3G4G and Kiyaman, adios forever until you guys stop being clowns around these boards.

Metro .... who's the real Knicks-Fan?

u bash the the entire Knicks organization except Carmelo Anthony.
    I Bash Marbury & Crawful for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.
    I Bash Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.

We watch Marbury get several headcoaches Fired for letting Marbury be Starbury.
    So far Carmelo Anthony got one headcoach FIRED, and is working on the 2nd headcoach to be FIRED for letting Carmelo be ISO-Melo.

Make some sense of this?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... who's the real Knicks-Fan?

u bash the the entire Knicks organization except Carmelo Anthony.
    I Bash Marbury & Crawful for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.
    I Bash Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.

We watch Marbury get several headcoaches Fired for letting Marbury be Starbury.
    So far Carmelo Anthony got one headcoach FIRED, and is working on the 2nd headcoach to be FIRED for letting Carmelo be ISO-Melo.

Make some sense of this?
    hmm, Kiya actually makes sense from that perspective.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Knicks just got to stop doing f*cking trades and let everyone come off the cap and rebuild around Melo. Dude is an elite scorer who isn't even a columns scorer most the time. I still say that he is in a lot of ways like dirk who needed a complete team to win it all in 2010. Sh*t JR playing for a contract was enough help for Melo to lead the knicks to a 54 win season. Knicks just need to get Melo some help and not over think this. 2015 will be there only chance (cause honestly melo won't last until the next great FA class) to get him that help.

that sounds all good .. what ur forgettin is Melo build a cancer rumor around himself, that decent veteran players want no part of being Melo's teammate. I dont remember MWP ever being injury-prone, or out this many games to a injury. Plus Melo's not a 4th quarter player .. he have ARod written all over him

Yo y'all cry to damn much. As a New Yorker and a Knick fan it's sad to see some of you not give credit to best scoring performance in MSG history. Not to mention the best scoring performance since Kobe in 06. You guys are clowns bro. This thread shouldn't even exist.
    Way to much negativity from this site where's my true New Yorkers at bruh????

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    You're getting desperate bro. You're seriously sitting here trying to discredit a 62 point 13 rebound game with 0 turnovers and great efficiency that lead to a 30 point win. Give credit where credit is due.
    Nope but without a doubt no one will think anything more of Ross 51pt performance. Matter of fact I'd wager to say no one knows where Ross was drafted without looking it up.

Remember how up in arms some Knick fans were when Brnadon Jennings dropped 55pts in like his 12th game of the season or thereabouts lamenting not drafting him? You see how far individuals can go with scoring performances, if they aren't kept in perspective?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
    It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.
    You're kidding right?...Did we see the same game? If you're an Old school guy like I think you are, I saw chemistry and cohesion on both sides of the floor that night...I still have the game on my DVR and I've watched it twice.. anyway they played old school ball. Melo passed out of double teams and I did see the ball move around and Melo's teammates knew Melo was hotter than a frying pan filled with rattlesnakes. if I remember correctly in old school times the hot player always got fed the ball. If you want to blame Woodson for this terrible season which I do... he kept his hot player in the game and fed him the ball. Too many times this season I've seen Woodson take Melo or anyone else who was hot out of the game before they cooled off or were double/triple teamed to get the ball out of their hands. he didn't do it this time and you saw the results. If he stays with this mindset the team should improve this season. As far as your Melo hate goes I think you don't watch the games closely enough or you just don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by George M.; Jan 26, 2014 at 13:02. Reason: omitted a word.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Agreed. Probably the biggest difference from a 54 win season and this tragedy is that JR smith has gone from a 18 ppg consistent 2nd option to nothing.

Melo last year had JR come in a light it up and take over games, for most of the season he was the 2nd option we were hoping for. In the playoffs he failed and this season he has failed.

Also Felton is an x factor, when he plays like a elgit PG we win, when he doesnt (most of the time) we suck because the PG is the quarterback of the offense and he is the worst starting PG in the NBA.

replace Felton and JR with Pablo and Hardaway and watch the ball go into the basket.
    I totally agree with this. Felton should be pick-n-rolling with Amare' off the bench.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    hmm, Kiya actually makes sense from that perspective.
    Cool, you're a not a bright guy if think that makes sense.

Marbury and Melo aren't even in the same caliber and I'm the biggest Marbury fan you can find in the world.

Stop quoting Kiyaman because he's on my ignore list for a reason. 99% of his post have been full of ish the last year. He's gone from one of the best posters into the most sinenial.

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Yo y'all cry to damn much. As a New Yorker and a Knick fan it's sad to see some of you not give credit to best scoring performance in MSG history. Not to mention the best scoring performance since Kobe in 06. You guys are clowns bro. This thread shouldn't even exist.
    Way to much negativity from this site where's my true New Yorkers at bruh????
    These dudes have egos.
    They want to look right.
    They don't want to eat their crow.
    They will never give Melo credit no matter what he does.
    The last thing these clowns want is Melo winning a championship in New York.
    It's a personal problem, it's something they have to hold and deal with for the rest of their lives.

12th man

Smokes that's a lie. Felton, Smith, Amare and Bargnani are much more terrible on transaction defense.

Melo is a playmaker on transition D. The BEST on our team.

Everything in your 2nd paragraph doesn't have any information. Just a lot of "couple of times" and no measurements of the information you're providing.

^ Melo keeps his opponents to the lowest production compared to anyone on this team, by FAR. He's been our best defender with Shumpert and Chandler not showing up this season.

Melo has been a two way player all season long.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Those comments about Melo getting the max weren't directed at your post, just general thoughts on the matter. But if you think Melo having a game like this isn't going to inflate his value then that's deluded.

As far as defensively, yeah I would state Melo is one of the worst culprits of not getting back on D enough. Obviously the worst culprit defensively on this team is Felton but I'd place Melo pretty high on the list too. It's not something that's happened a couple of times... A couple of times per game maybe. It's no secret we have a pretty dreadful defensive team outside of Tyson and Shump but Melo is a good defender when he wants to be which is why it's sad that he doesn't commit to it.

You're putting me in the mold of "you guys" when this is the first criticism of Melo I've had to voice in this thread or on these forums for months, at the end of the day the performance just didn't do much for me as a Knicks fan. In terms of a personal performance it was great but I don't see it really doing much if anything for our team, and potentially a thing like this could hurt us when Jimmy Dolan shoves 20mil a year in Melo's face in the offseason.

12th man

Felton shouldnt be on this team.

Melo haters need to shut it down and log out

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Felton shouldnt be on this team.

i agree and would add bags,jr,prig,beno, and martin as he's old and injury prone ,and amar'e tho i would take a team of amar'e's who work as hard as he does...