Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 49697993949596979899100101102103104105119 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1796

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

LBJ has an opt out also right? Get em both and trade for Rondo.

Jusk Kiddin

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Ok "huge member" lol u need to settle your azz down...A two page post quoting Chris Broussard is more than a few "minor criticisms." It's hating and I am correct in calling u a hater. U just mad Metro read your silly azz, but don't bring your bs in this direction. Just take your beating in silence like a man, if u are one lol
    You should really stop sucking metro's ballsack, just because he's owned you repeatedly in the past and you can't take any more of his dick up your a$$. I recommend vaseline for you fellas.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I actually lost some debates to JimChief back when Mid-West was strong in basketball (NCAA/NBA together)

12th man

Originally Posted by skisloper
    He will never need more money then he has now but thats not the point.
    Players salaries and Championships is what represents to a player how great they are.
    Melo has no rings. Salary might be the only way he can justify his greatness to himself.
    Remember if he takes less money , especially in NY with Dolan there is no guarantee for a Championship.

No superstar has taken less then the Max except Lebron and Wade.....why would Melo ?
    Because Melo wants a championship like LeBron and Wade. Didn't Duncan/Parker do the same?

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Because Melo wants a championship like LeBron and Wade. Didn't Duncan/Parker do the same?
    Lebron and wade
    duncan and parker
    melo and ?

Thing is, these guys all won championships or in Lebrons case was on the cusp of winning a championship many times. Neither Melo nor the Knicks have come close yet, and there's nothing to indicate we will be close within the next year.

I just can't see Melo taking a paycut, I don't know why, just something about his personality makes me feel that way. He always says the right things where the media is concerned but underneath it all he seems like one of those players out to get his.

Veteran

All that flim flam u Melo-fans wrote above dont get us Knicks pass the first-round of the playoffs this season or the next.
    Individual-statistics vs Team-statistics

Melo's egotistical shoot-first style has got worse being in NY .. is it possible for Melo to play a different style of b.ball, other than the same individual style he been playing the last 10 years??? are the question Big-Market teams (GM), and small-market teams (GM) have been discussing this season.

Melo-Fans want us to pay a 10 year career Ball-Hogger $25M to $30M per for the next 5 seasons .. Melo will be untradeable, plus become our new GM's Boss.

Can you imagine if LBJ had 'Melo's postseason history? He'd be crucified every day. Why give big money to a guy who will never get you close to the finals?

12th man

Originally Posted by smokes
    Thing is, these guys all won championships or in Lebrons case was on the cusp of winning a championship many times. Neither Melo nor the Knicks have come close yet, and there's nothing to indicate we will be close within the next year.

I just can't see Melo taking a paycut, I don't know why, just something about his personality makes me feel that way. He always says the right things where the media is concerned but underneath it all he seems like one of those players out to get his.
    Knicks could of beat the Pacers last year if JR Smith wasn't so dumb and we were more healthy. I don't think we're far from a title. Theres only two teams in the East that are competing.

His personality? You act like you met Melo. That's not a good reason. Either way, Melo's personality is something you painted in your mind, so it's not a real thing. Poor reasoning. It seems like you want Melo to be the bad guy even though he's been respectful towards the franchise and hasn't caused any trouble. Keep trying dude, it's pretty pathetic.

12th man

If you wanna continue to see Melo lose us 14/15 game winning opportunities by taking terrible jumpshots be my guest.
    This is why smokes is such a bad poster.
    He just post, he doesn't read.
    Theres an abundance of information in this thread that debunks the myth of Melo taking "terrible" shots. It's not a terrible shot if you make them at a high percentage. Theres LOADS of information and videos in this thread that proves it.

Smokes is really in denial of his agrument getting shred to pieces, it's okay though man. We all get salty sometimes.

Knicks could of beat the Pacers last year if JR Smith wasn't so dumb and we were more healthy. I don't think we're far from a title. Theres only two teams in the East that are competing.

His personality? You act like you met Melo. That's not a good reason. Either way, Melo's personality is something you painted in your mind, so it's not a real thing. Poor reasoning. It seems like you want Melo to be the bad guy even though he's been respectful towards the franchise and hasn't caused any trouble. Keep trying dude, it's pretty pathetic.
    You're reaching. How am I making him into a bad guy? If Melo wants a max contract that's fine, it's not him being a bad guy. It would suck for this team if we signed him to one, as far as Melo is concerned it'd be great for him.

This is why smokes is such a bad poster.
    He just post, he doesn't read.
    Theres an abundance of information in this thread that debunks the myth of Melo taking "terrible" shots. It's not a terrible shot if you make them at a high percentage. Theres LOADS of information and videos in this thread that proves it.

Smokes is really in denial of his agrument getting shred to pieces, it's okay though man. We all get salty sometimes.
    You bring a lot of knowledge and info in your posts metro but a lot of it is subjective.

Yes you've shown that Melo shoots a lot of these shots at a high %, but what % of those shots are taken when double-teamed? When the defense knows exactly where the ball is going? All these missed final shots that Melo has taken he has two defenders draped all over him, which inherently changes the quality of the shot from a decent shot into a bad shot. You can't put stats or shot charts onto every aspect of a players game, as much as you need stats to back up your arguments sometimes just watching games is enough to see a players faults.

Here's your hero Melo taking one of those great final shots:

I get that you're desperate for an argument but you're debating nonsense right now.

Actually I think Metro has been getting owned throughout this whole thread. Smokes' post was the final nail in the coffin.

Metro, I don't know if you're intending to sound like it, but you're posting seems completely devoid of objectivity. You sound silly because you've become Melo's biggest apologist on the forum.

In a season and a half you've basically gone from calling Melo Glen Robinson 2.0 (classic), to now being his loudest cheerleader.

Thing is this whole debate really is just silly because, I never hated on Melo, I like Melo. I'd just like to see him improve parts of his game that should be easily improved, because the things he fails at are failings from a mental/effort standpoint.

I don't expect Melo to turn into Lebron/Durant and average 5-8 assists per game. Melo is a scorer and a great scorer at that. I love his ability on the offensive end, and the 62 points was a pleasure to watch even if it was bittersweet from a team perspective.

I'd love to see him use his strength and quickness to get to the basket for an easier finish and/or make the referees make a call on the final possession as oppose to taking double-teamed heavily contested pull-up/turnaround/fadeaway jumpshots.

I'd love to see him instead of taking time off on defense to complain a missed call, wait until a game break like most of the truly professional athletes will (yes, sorry but see Lebron, Kobe, Durant, when there's a missed call they get back and play, then complain during a dead ball).

No player is perfect but Melo is far from it, he could definitely do things better, he has the talent and the ability. His hunger and IQ are questionable.

Thing is this whole debate really is just silly because, I never hated on Melo, I like Melo. I'd just like to see him improve parts of his game that should be easily improved, because the things he fails at are failings from a mental/effort standpoint.

I don't expect Melo to turn into Lebron/Durant and average 5-8 assists per game. Melo is a scorer and a great scorer at that. I love his ability on the offensive end, and the 62 points was a pleasure to watch even if it was bittersweet from a team perspective.

I'd love to see him use his strength and quickness to get to the basket for an easier finish and/or make the referees make a call on the final possession as oppose to taking double-teamed heavily contested pull-up/turnaround/fadeaway jumpshots.

I'd love to see him instead of taking time off on defense to complain a missed call, wait until a game break like most of the truly professional athletes will (yes, sorry but see Lebron, Kobe, Durant, when there's a missed call they get back and play, then complain during a dead ball).

No player is perfect but Melo is far from it, he could definitely do things better, he has the talent and the ability. His hunger and IQ are questionable.
    Smokes you are exactly right man and you aren't hating on nobody. Walt frazier said tonight that melo should be a 20 ppg,10 rpg and 5 apg player b/c he that good. That's what makes me mad about melo b/c he has all the talent in the world and isn't using it. Tonight was his best game imo he has played this year.I loved the way he played b/c there was hardly any iso melo even runed..Melo only took 15 shots threw three quarters and still ended up scoring 24 in the game. It goes to show you that a player like Melo doesn't have to shoot 30+ times to score a bunch of points.Shoot less and get your teammates involved handing out assist's is the right way to play. Melo steped up big tonight and played his best game of the year.He not just scored but he rebounded,handed out assist's,played defense and done a lot of stuff that a great player would do.I have noticed when melo does play a all around great game that he is one of the few players in the nba that can find a player that's wide open and that can make a team run smoother and a lot better if your start does that. If he would play like he did tonight EVERY GAME then the knicks record would be 28-17 instead what it is now.He has the talent he just has to use it and play smart every game.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Smokes you are exactly right man and you aren't hating on nobody. Walt frazier said tonight that melo should be a 20 ppg,10 rpg and 5 apg player b/c he that good. That's what makes me mad about melo b/c he has all the talent in the world and isn't using it. Tonight was his best game imo he has played this year.I loved the way he played b/c there was hardly any iso melo even runed..Melo only took 15 shots threw three quarters and still ended up scoring 24 in the game. It goes to show you that a player like Melo doesn't have to shoot 30+ times to score a bunch of points.Shoot less and get your teammates involved handing out assist's is the right way to play. Melo steped up big tonight and played his best game of the year.He not just scored but he rebounded,handed out assist's,played defense and done a lot of stuff that a great player would do.I have noticed when melo does play a all around great game that he is one of the few players in the nba that can find a player that's wide open and that can make a team run smoother and a lot better if your start does that. If he would play like he did tonight EVERY GAME then the knicks record would be 28-17 instead what it is now.He has the talent he just has to use it and play smart every game.
    well, WV, it looks like you've come full circle from starting this thread, hating on Melo, to appreciating his game. you must admit his last 3 games have been the pinnacle of the season as far as great play, from the 62 point gem, to tonight's unselfish all-around win, with another good game sandwiched in between. props to you, Melo and the O&B.