Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Westbrook Anyone?

Hybrid View

Default Russell Westbrook Anyone?

I mentioned a few weeks ago that it was too bad we couldn't pry reggie Jackson away from the OKC Thunder as he's a great PG who's overshadowed by Westbrook. Well the sports gods have listened. haha. Today i read the Knicks should try to pry Westbrook from OKC with a package deal of Chandler-Felton-Shump and a few throw ins...in return the Knicks get Perkins and Westbrook. The sports writer thinks they go for it as Perkins doesn't fit in with their style of play and Chandler would. I'd love for Westbrook to be robin for Anthony. Sounds like a nice pipe dream, but i've been wrong on many trade accounts before. Did you guys read this today

I haven't watched a lot of him, but he doesn't seem like a great fit with Anthony, though they've never played together before. They could be amazing together for all I know.

His two injuries since last season's Playoffs are a concern, especially with the history of injuries on this team (not blaming the Knicks medical staff, they might be great, even Phoenix didn't want to risk going further with Amar'e on a max contract).

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that it was too bad we couldn't pry reggie Jackson away from the OKC Thunder as he's a great PG who's overshadowed by Westbrook. Well the sports gods have listened. haha. Today i read the Knicks should try to pry Westbrook from OKC with a package deal of Chandler-Felton-Shump and a few throw ins...in return the Knicks get Perkins and Westbrook. The sports writer thinks they go for it as Perkins doesn't fit in with their style of play and Chandler would. I'd love for Westbrook to be robin for Anthony. Sounds like a nice pipe dream, but i've been wrong on many trade accounts before. Did you guys read this today
    I read it but OKC would never do it Westbrook is a game changer Chandler is a complementary piece, they'll use Westbrook as a SG to get Jackson and Westbrook on the floor together. Plus OKC is playing good ball and KD wouldn't like his man Westbrook traded.

i really don't understand this talk of Westbrook to NYK. Durant and RW are a winning combination, made it to the finals 2 years ago, and probably would have made it last year if Russ didn't get hurt late in season. those 2 are the nucleus of a championship team, what fool would even consider breaking them up at the peak of their careers? oh, i know, some NYK fan with too much time on their hands and fantasy in their heads. in other words, Pete, yes, a pipe dream, with some really fine weed in the pipe.

Makes little sense to me too. But i never follow the $$$ limits. I thought maybe they figure they would have to lose too many guys to keep him.

Veteran

why would okc want schmuck, and the Pillsbury dough-boy... I can understand Tyson, as I think he would be a def. upgrade for okc... but for westbrook... he can def ball... never will happen

Veteran

I recall the last game Westbrook played, before taking time-off to chill untill the ALL-STAR game ....

It was on a Christmas Day in MSG for Russell Westbrook, he put up a triple-double (14 pts, 13 rbd, 10 ast) in less than 30 minutes of playingtime, beating (us) Knicks 123 -94 .... A 29 point loss for (us) Knicks on Christmas Day, twice in that game Westbrook box-out Tyson Chandler to grab the rebound over Tyson.
    If I was the owner of OKC, I (also) wouldve gave Westbrook a month vacation too.

Superstar

I'd give them Tyson,Hardaway, Shump, and as many first round picks as they want for Westbrook and not think twice about it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I'd give them Tyson,Hardaway, Shump, and as many first round picks as they want for Westbrook and not think twice about it.

Watching the Knicks vs Heat game with a dozen friends who kept commenting on Melo bringing the ball upcourt on offense the same as a shoot-first PG to get his stats.
    Stops elite PG (Westbrook/Rondo) from coming to New York.

Beno's reason for asking to be traded, may be the same reason why some decent FA PG didnt want to sign with us the pass three offseasons.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Beno's reason for asking to be traded, may be the same reason why some decent FA PG didnt want to sign with us the pass three offseasons.
    beno is lucky he has a job.. his next stop is pick-up basketball games at the downtown athletic club...

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    beno is lucky he has a job.. his next stop is pick-up basketball games at the downtown athletic club...
    Looking at Beno reminds you what Melo might become in the 4th and 5th years of his contract. One of a number of old heads like Baron Davis and Mike Bibby whose games deteriorated in their mid-30's. I think by the time the Knicks are in a position to build a team around him in 2015-2016 he'll be on the downside of his career.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Looking at Beno reminds you what Melo might become in the 4th and 5th years of his contract. One of a number of old heads like Baron Davis and Mike Bibby whose games deteriorated in their mid-30's. I think by the time the Knicks are in a position to build a team around him in 2015-2016 he'll be on the downside of his career.

.. Great point

Melo's performance at age 29, are exactly like "Ray Allen" performance were on Seattle Super Sonics from 2004 to 2007 .. 25 points on 44% shooting, leading the Sonics to a first or 2nd round playoff.
    When a 32 age Ray Allen join the Boston Celtics in 2008, Ray took the backseat to become a star-role-player to the court leadership of Super-Star KG & Pierce calling all the shots, to become the NBA's #1 best team-ballers in the 4th qtr. for 4 straight seasons (Celtics perimeter shooting/team-defense were off the charts in the 4th quarter vs elite teams.).

Do u see Melo taking the back seat to become a perimeter-shooter on a winning playoff team any time soon?
    HELL NO! especially if Dolan extends his contract in 2014 offseason.

Yeah, unless a Westbrook or someone like him comes along, we aren't winning anything...Melo walks, i think, and its best

Superstar

I'm hearing Chicago might move Derrick Rose for Demarcus Cousins

and

I'm hearing Cavs might move Kyrie for Lin/Asik and picks
    Last edited by 3G4G; Feb 03, 2014 at 14:12.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I'm hearing Chicago might move Derrick Rose for Demarcus Cousins

and

I'm hearing Clippers might move Kyrie for Lin/Asik and picks

Derrick although a amazing player is injury prone....so DeMarcus is a winner if that happens...though i see them looking for smaller guys more then bigs. Unless they have a plan to move Noah or Boozer.

Kyrie isn't on the Clips...lol...I don't think the cavs move Kyrie, unless they get a amazing deal, and he begs out