Russell Westbrook Anyone?

petescud

Starter
I mentioned a few weeks ago that it was too bad we couldn't pry reggie Jackson away from the OKC Thunder as he's a great PG who's overshadowed by Westbrook. Well the sports gods have listened. haha. Today i read the Knicks should try to pry Westbrook from OKC with a package deal of Chandler-Felton-Shump and a few throw ins...in return the Knicks get Perkins and Westbrook. The sports writer thinks they go for it as Perkins doesn't fit in with their style of play and Chandler would. I'd love for Westbrook to be robin for Anthony. Sounds like a nice pipe dream, but i've been wrong on many trade accounts before. Did you guys read this today

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I haven't watched a lot of him, but he doesn't seem like a great fit with Anthony, though they've never played together before. They could be amazing together for all I know.

His two injuries since last season's Playoffs are a concern, especially with the history of injuries on this team (not blaming the Knicks medical staff, they might be great, even Phoenix didn't want to risk going further with Amar'e on a max contract).

tiger0330

Legend
I mentioned a few weeks ago that it was too bad we couldn't pry reggie Jackson away from the OKC Thunder as he's a great PG who's overshadowed by Westbrook. Well the sports gods have listened. haha. Today i read the Knicks should try to pry Westbrook from OKC with a package deal of Chandler-Felton-Shump and a few throw ins...in return the Knicks get Perkins and Westbrook. The sports writer thinks they go for it as Perkins doesn't fit in with their style of play and Chandler would. I'd love for Westbrook to be robin for Anthony. Sounds like a nice pipe dream, but i've been wrong on many trade accounts before. Did you guys read this today
I read it but OKC would never do it Westbrook is a game changer Chandler is a complementary piece, they'll use Westbrook as a SG to get Jackson and Westbrook on the floor together. Plus OKC is playing good ball and KD wouldn't like his man Westbrook traded.

CoolClyde

i really don't understand this talk of Westbrook to NYK. Durant and RW are a winning combination, made it to the finals 2 years ago, and probably would have made it last year if Russ didn't get hurt late in season. those 2 are the nucleus of a championship team, what fool would even consider breaking them up at the peak of their careers? oh, i know, some NYK fan with too much time on their hands and fantasy in their heads. in other words, Pete, yes, a pipe dream, with some really fine weed in the pipe.

petescud

Starter
Makes little sense to me too. But i never follow the $$$ limits. I thought maybe they figure they would have to lose too many guys to keep him.

paris401

Starter
why would okc want schmuck, and the Pillsbury dough-boy... I can understand Tyson, as I think he would be a def. upgrade for okc... but for westbrook... he can def ball... never will happen

Kiyaman

Legend

I recall the last game Westbrook played, before taking time-off to chill untill the ALL-STAR game ....

It was on a Christmas Day in MSG for Russell Westbrook, he put up a triple-double (14 pts, 13 rbd, 10 ast) in less than 30 minutes of playingtime, beating (us) Knicks 123 -94 .... A 29 point loss for (us) Knicks on Christmas Day, twice in that game Westbrook box-out Tyson Chandler to grab the rebound over Tyson.
If I was the owner of OKC, I (also) wouldve gave Westbrook a month vacation too.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd give them Tyson,Hardaway, Shump, and as many first round picks as they want for Westbrook and not think twice about it.

Watching the Knicks vs Heat game with a dozen friends who kept commenting on Melo bringing the ball upcourt on offense the same as a shoot-first PG to get his stats.
Stops elite PG (Westbrook/Rondo) from coming to New York.

Beno's reason for asking to be traded, may be the same reason why some decent FA PG didnt want to sign with us the pass three offseasons.

paris401

Starter
Beno's reason for asking to be traded, may be the same reason why some decent FA PG didnt want to sign with us the pass three offseasons.

beno is lucky he has a job.. his next stop is pick-up basketball games at the downtown athletic club...

tiger0330

Legend
beno is lucky he has a job.. his next stop is pick-up basketball games at the downtown athletic club...
Looking at Beno reminds you what Melo might become in the 4th and 5th years of his contract. One of a number of old heads like Baron Davis and Mike Bibby whose games deteriorated in their mid-30's. I think by the time the Knicks are in a position to build a team around him in 2015-2016 he'll be on the downside of his career.

petescud

Starter
Yeah, unless a Westbrook or someone like him comes along, we aren't winning anything...Melo walks, i think, and its best

Kiyaman

Legend
Looking at Beno reminds you what Melo might become in the 4th and 5th years of his contract. One of a number of old heads like Baron Davis and Mike Bibby whose games deteriorated in their mid-30's. I think by the time the Knicks are in a position to build a team around him in 2015-2016 he'll be on the downside of his career.

:agreed: .. Great point

Melo's performance at age 29, are exactly like "Ray Allen" performance were on Seattle Super Sonics from 2004 to 2007 .. 25 points on 44% shooting, leading the Sonics to a first or 2nd round playoff.
When a 32 age Ray Allen join the Boston Celtics in 2008, Ray took the backseat to become a star-role-player to the court leadership of Super-Star KG & Pierce calling all the shots, to become the NBA's #1 best team-ballers in the 4th qtr. for 4 straight seasons (Celtics perimeter shooting/team-defense were off the charts in the 4th quarter vs elite teams.).

Do u see Melo taking the back seat to become a perimeter-shooter on a winning playoff team any time soon?
HELL NO! especially if Dolan extends his contract in 2014 offseason.

Broadway

All Star

I'm hearing Chicago might move Derrick Rose for Demarcus Cousins

and

I'm hearing Cavs might move Kyrie for Lin/Asik and picks

Last edited:

petescud

Starter

and

I'm hearing Clippers might move Kyrie for Lin/Asik and picks

Derrick although a amazing player is injury prone....so DeMarcus is a winner if that happens...though i see them looking for smaller guys more then bigs. Unless they have a plan to move Noah or Boozer.

Kyrie isn't on the Clips...lol...I don't think the cavs move Kyrie, unless they get a amazing deal, and he begs out

Broadway

All Star
Derrick although a amazing player is injury prone....so DeMarcus is a winner if that happens...though i see them looking for smaller guys more then bigs. Unless they have a plan to move Noah or Boozer.

Kyrie isn't on the Clips...lol...I don't think the cavs move Kyrie, unless they get a amazing deal, and he begs out

Boozer is an amnesty waiting to happen

Yeah Kyrie doesn't play for the Clippers ha ha but hey who knows maybe the Clippers mover CP3 for Irving.

Anything is possible thinking of the possibilities.

petescud

Starter
Kyrie would be a great Knick. Perfect for us as he's a combo guard. We'll never get him though, just sayin

Can't believe we have one of the highest paid rosters, and we aren't even a .500 club....apologies to all us Knick fans

tiger0330

Legend

and

I'm hearing Cavs might move Kyrie for Lin/Asik and picks
The Kings would be stupid to do that trade. Cousins is a top 3 big man and Rose is damaged goods, knee operations on both knees and a slow healer, if I was Chicago I would be looking to unload him but it should be buyer beware for any team in the NBA thinking of acquiring him.

Interesting about Kyrie for Lin/Asik. That trade might be good for both teams esp. if Kyrie doesn't want to stay in Cleveland. I think they move Waiters by the deadline but not Kyrie myself.

Broadway

All Star
Kyrie would be a great Knick. Perfect for us as he's a combo guard. We'll never get him though, just sayin

Can't believe we have one of the highest paid rosters, and we aren't even a .500 club....apologies to all us Knick fans

This is what happens when you acquire names on the back of jerseys.. taking no consideration of costs/chemistry/ability for growth /climate of competition and rate at which it gets better.

It's really a shame the supposed star of this team has proven to be the most difficult to build around of our generation.

Melo won a ring with Boeheim so you know it's possible. One thing I noticed is he averaged 10 boards a game in those 40 minute college games. Somehow Boeheim got pure desire out of him.