Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Knicks vs Portland Trailblazers 2/5/2014 8:00PM

[QUOTE=3G4G;282966]No way Jose

We've been trying to do this for yrs now, it doesn't work. The only team who managed to make this work(relatively speaking) was the Phx Suns. That team can't be constructed for many yrs to come and at the end of the day(Melo/Woody's favorite line....defense failed that team). I disagree with the notion of trying to outscore teams. We need to put together a balanced team, one with leadership, and a higher demand of excellence/accountability from it's best players.

This is why you hear things come out of an organization about changing the culture. We need a change so bad.

Quite Frankly this current team would have a difficult time beating any Knick team from 2008

I agree with this as an organizational philosophy, building a team (long term) moving forward). I'm just saying holding on to TC for the rest of this year, and next, doesn't much to help us. Swapping him for a pick or young asset and letting Tyler play more (grow) would be more productive.

Veteran

In the Knicks history of Championship seasons, and winning playoff seasons the Knicks philosophy were same-page DEFENSIVE team.
    Red Holzman, Pat Riley, and JVG .. these HC favored same-page defense more than offense, any player could score, but can u provide consistent stops on defense is the name of a winning (2014 Super Bowl) Game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Melo outstanding in the first quarter. 14 points on something like 6-7 shooting. Then Woody sat him for a while in the second, and Anthony went ICE cold... 12 points on 5-21 after that, I believe.

The majority of Melo's points come in the first half of the game as a Knicks.
    How dependable is Melo as a Closer? not good.
    Last season we depended on Jason Kidd decision-making as a closer.

As a Closer, Melo dependency vs elite teams is the same as when we were down by one point 93-94, with Melo holding & dribble the ball for 10 straight seconds, then decide to pass the ball to Jared Jefferies on the perimeter with 3 seconds remaining in a playoff game. Another Knicks loss where Melo scored 42 points...