Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks - 2/7/2014 7:30 PM - Wally's MSG Commentating Debut

  1. #16
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    What do you think about J.R.'s play as of late? I was down on him for a while, not just because of his play, his off the court issues made it hard for me to think positively of him even when playing decently. Now I love his play. His efficiency, mixing it up, attacking the basket, serious demeanor, and fantastic team play has made me a fan of him once again. Hopefully he doesn't have another incident like the one against Terry, because it took him a long time to get back to playing well after that.

  2. #17
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Everytime Woodson does that on this team makes me concise that Woodson talent of coaching belong on a $45M cap team.
    We have a $91M cap of players for Woodson to build a GELLIN bench lineup that could hold their own for 12 straight minutes.
    Woodson deserve to be fired, and Melo need to take his 40 minutes of playingtime to the next team
    I think it'd be a good move to sign Melo if he takes a pay-cut, get a new coach, and develop Tyler, Hardaway, Jr., and Murry.

    The thing with Melo is he's not selfish, it's sometimes he picks the wrong time to slow things down and go one on one. J.R. Smith, while not being on Melo's level, makes quicker decisions and is much more unpredictable. Hopefully with J.R.'s excellent play as of late Melo will be rested. Where's Metta to help that? Shouldn't he be in the regular rotation anyway?

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    What do you think about J.R.'s play as of late? I was down on him for a while, not just because of his play, his off the court issues made it hard for me to think positively of him even when playing decently. Now I love his play. His efficiency, mixing it up, attacking the basket, serious demeanor, and fantastic team play has made me a fan of him once again. Hopefully he doesn't have another incident like the one against Terry, because it took him a long time to get back to playing well after that.

    JRsmith has always been a up/down player in scoring & decision-making, JR lack of defense makes him a 24 minute per game player. I just dont see any NBA coach giving JRsmith 30 minute of playingtime.
    JR biggest flaw is he's a regular season player, not a postseason player.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I think it'd be a good move to sign Melo if he takes a pay-cut, get a new coach, and develop Tyler, Hardaway, Jr., and Murry.

    The thing with Melo is he's not selfish, it's sometimes he picks the wrong time to slow things down and go one on one. J.R. Smith, while not being on Melo's level, makes quicker decisions and is much more unpredictable. Hopefully with J.R.'s excellent play as of late Melo will be rested. Where's Metta to help that? Shouldn't he be in the regular rotation anyway?

    Melo and Kobe are the top-two selfish players in the NBA.
    Melo's selfishness is the reason all his frontline bigmen stay injury-prone.
    Melo's selfishness gets 40 minute in EVERY game to forfill his star rated stats.

    When Meta was giving garbage time minutes tonight, Meta looked like a kid in a candy store.
    I dont remember in Meta's career of ever being injury-prone.
    Meta was in Woodson dog-house along with a lot of other players who got fed up with Woodson giving them spot-minutes throughout a game .. 3 minute here, 4 minute there, then maybe 6 straight minutes in a losing game.
    u said it earlier, what happens when Barg come back? then automatically Tyler become injured by our medical-staff LMAO

  5. #20
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well we won tonight and i didn't chime in 1x.....maybe i should chime in less, lol...Go Knicks

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Lercher
    Just turned on to MSG... vintage STAT.
    Missed you around here Lercher. Also your bro BigApple.

    Good game by the Knicks. Biggest problem this season is the lack of a set rotation, maybe Woody can have one now with JR coming around along with Stat and Tyler. THJ is taking more of Shump's minutes, Shump has become Ronnie Brewer, a defensive specialist that should come off the bench and is not a starter.

  7. #22
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    ^agreed Shump has not shown himself to be consistent enough to be a starter. how long will Woody's infatuation last? perhaps Shump can shine off the bench, ala JR?

    it's good to see JR turning his game around, that pass to Tyler was amazing! Tyler has shown he can play and defend, he just needs more minutes to get his game going on both ends of the floor. he might as well take Kenyon Martin's place at this point.

    amazingly, Raymond Fail-ton had a decent game, would like to see more of that, or else the pine for his fat ass. his nine points were all scored in a pivotal 2nd period...

    STAT looking more and more like his old self, a good show for him, can he stay healthy, everyone asks?

    31 for Melo. good game all around, nice block on Faried.

    Timmy JR, still coming on strong, clutch 3's!

    overall a very nice win, i'll take it.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^JR made a couple nice passes in the Portland game also after driving in the lane, almost had me thinking if he could play the point instead of Felton. I wonder how this lineup would work?

    Shump is going so bad he's gun shy, lost his confidence and is almost afraid to take a shot. I don't see how Woody can play him starters minutes the way he's going.

    TC
    Stat
    Melo
    THJ
    JR

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    ^agreed Shump has not shown himself to be consistent enough to be a starter. how long will Woody's infatuation last? perhaps Shump can shine off the bench, ala JR?

    it's good to see JR turning his game around, that pass to Tyler was amazing! Tyler has shown he can play and defend, he just needs more minutes to get his game going on both ends of the floor. he might as well take Kenyon Martin's place at this point.

    amazingly, Raymond Fail-ton had a decent game, would like to see more of that, or else the pine for his fat ass. his nine points were all scored in a pivotal 2nd period...

    STAT looking more and more like his old self, a good show for him, can he stay healthy, everyone asks?

    31 for Melo. good game all around, nice block on Faried.

    Timmy JR, still coming on strong, clutch 3's!

    overall a very nice win, i'll take it.

    Felton still played too many minutes,,,,,,his game is hit or miss.......I dont care if Pablo ever takes a shot he has court vision and sees the defense.....he should be running the point.....The offesne is more productive when Pablo is on the court as is the defense is there any better stat then that for Woody to see...

  10. #25
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    ^JR made a couple nice passes in the Portland game also after driving in the lane, almost had me thinking if he could play the point instead of Felton. I wonder how this lineup would work?

    Shump is going so bad he's gun shy, lost his confidence and is almost afraid to take a shot. I don't see how Woody can play him starters minutes the way he's going.

    TC
    Stat
    Melo
    THJ
    JR
    Hmm J.R. at the point? Maybe as the back-up PG, but I'd rather him be the starting SG with Pablo as the starting PG. As long as J.R. is playing this way, it doesn't matter which of those two positions he plays. I want Murry to get a lot of Felton's minutes.

Similar Threads

  1. Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM
    By Lercher in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2012, 11:07
  2. Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks 12/26 1:00pm
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2008, 13:40
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2007, 21:34
  4. Replies: 90
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2007, 17:43
  5. New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets(2/29/04)
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2004, 10:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •