Knicks Top 10 Plays V Knuggets

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

OfUAiq4.png

THE FACT: The Knicks are now 2-3 against the Nuggets since the December 2011 trade involving Carmelo Anthony.

THE LEAD:
Amid reports that coach Mike Woodson could soon lose his job, Carmelo Anthony scored 31 points against his former team and the Knicks (20-30) snapped a three-game losing streak with an 117-90 victory over the Denver Nuggets at Madison Square Garden.

:finger: A resurgent Amar'e Stoudemire had 17 points and eight rebounds off the bench, Tyson Chandler added 12 points and eight rebounds and Raymond Felton tallied nine points and eight assists. Jeremy Tyler tallied 12 points and 11 boards off the bench.

Ty Lawson
led the Nuggets (24-24) with 24 points and seven assists and former Knick Wilson Chandler added 17 points and seven rebounds.
QUOTABLE: "It was a total team effort today. Everybody played their part, offensively and defensively."

-- Carmelo Anthony

THE STAT:
The Knicks shot 11-for-28 (39 percent) from beyond the arc while the Nuggets shot 7-for-26 (27 percent).

TURNING POINT:
The Knicks outscored the Nuggets 30-18 in the second period to turn a 26-20 deficit into a 50-44 halftime lead. Felton scored nine points in the period and Anthony and Stoudemire seven apiece. New York extended the lead to 83-68 after three with a 33-24 third period.

:sperm: QUOTABLE II:
"We all feed off of that. Raymond is our point guard. We feed off of his energy. When he get going like that, everybody feels positive."
-- Carmelo Anthony

QUOTABLE III:
"I thought Raymond came back and really started to move the ball in the right direction."
-- Mike Woodson

:sperm: HOT:
Anthony entered averaging 28.2 points in his last five games.

:love: NOT:
Iman Shumpert, who entered averaging 3.0 points in his last four games, managed just five points on 2-for-5 shooting.

QUOTABLE IV:
"When we're clicking we're a pretty hard team to guard as well."
-- Mike Woodson on facing Oklahoma City Sunday

NOTABLE:
Amid reports that Knicks owner Jim Dolan met Wednesday with Anthony to discuss Woodson's future, Woodson had this to say: "I'm still the head coach of the Knicks and I proudly say that," he said. "I still have a job to do." He added: "I can't point the finger at nobody. At the end of the day, I'm the head coach of this team and somehow I gotta continue to push this team and get them to believe that we can make the playoffs. That's what we're in it for. We were in it to win the division and that's somewhat slipping away from us right now, but we still gotta push to get in the playoffs." Asked if it was important to be higher than the No. 8 seed to avoid Miami and Indiana, Woodson said: "It's important to move as high as you can but it's important to get in because once you get in, anything can happen in a playoff."

aNoUZmk.png