Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2/9/2014 1:00PM

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Why doesn't Melo make those around him better?
    maybe because they suck... take all 3 of our pg's.. prick/gass/Pillsbury dough boy... if u took the best attribute's of each and combine em into 1 player, u still don't have a good pg

let's see who else... ohhh... the I'Talian... u could surround him with wilt,ocsar,west,mj... and he would still blow..

need I even mention jr... I didn't think so...

and I agree with ya that 'great' players elevate everyone around them... and here's a scary thought... maybe melo is elevating the players around him.... and the players suck even more then we think...ouch...

Superstar

Originally Posted by paris401
    maybe because they suck... take all 3 of our pg's.. prick/gass/Pillsbury dough boy... if u took the best attribute's of each and combine em into 1 player, u still don't have a good pg

let's see who else... ohhh... the I'Talian... u could surround him with wilt,ocsar,west,mj... and he would still blow..

and I agree with ya that 'great' players elevate everyone around them... and here's a scary thought... maybe melo is elevating the players around him.... and the players suck even more then we think...ouch...

Nice try but it probably speaks of the fact of how good Kidd was for us last year more than anything else. Especially first half of the season. Not to mention if you look through Melo's catalog as a player, you can't find anyone he's made better throughout his career. You see when I made the statement it wasn't exclusive to this year's team, it was surmising Melo's career in general. Some fault can be placed with coaching too

Because Felton was a better player under Larry Brown

Because Tyson was at his best playing alongside Dirk and under Rick Carlisle or with CP3 in NOH under

Because Bargnani was a better player alongside Chris Bosh and under Smitch

Iman Shumpert is regressing and never has been that good with Melo

Beno was a better player, playing alongside Kevin Martin and Metta under Rick Adelman

I can't name 1 player in Melo's career where I can say yeah he elevated his play or got him paid, except maybe possibly Linas Kleiza and that's reaching(probably more so George Karl's doing)

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Chief. If today there was a draft of all players in the nba with exactly who the players are today u really think melo would be a top 5.

So to u its Lebrun , Durant, Chris paul, George and u have the 5th pick and u take melo.

The bulls do not want a 30 year old melo for a max contact
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So here are my sources so read please and get back at me and Melo is currently 2nd in scoring this year after winning the scoring title last year.

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401

That's the point now isn't it. Bargaini is getting a pass even tho he was a former #1 pick. Look how much better the Raptors are without Bargiani and how much worse our Knicks are with Bargiani, but that's all Melo's fault too I guess for not making him better. I guess Melo is supposed too shoot for Bargs so Bargs doesn't shoot 43% from the field, 27% from 3. And while Melo is at it he should dribble for Bargs as well so Bargs assist to turnover ratio gets better(1.2/1.6).

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    That's the point now isn't it. Bargaini is getting a pass even tho he was a former #1 pick. Look how much better the Raptors are without Bargiani and how much worse our Knicks are with Bargiani, but that's all Melo's fault too I guess for not making him better. I guess Melo is supposed too shoot for Bargs so Bargs doesn't shoot 43% from the field, 27% from 3. And while Melo is at it he should dribble for Bargs as well so Bargs assist to turnover ratio gets better(1.2/1.6).

The question posed was if all NBA players in the league today were thrown into a draft and u had to sign the player for a 3 year Max contract would MELO be one of the top 5 picked by a team. My answer is NO .....U ?

Veteran

The question posed was if all NBA players in the league today were thrown into a draft and u had to sign the player for a 3 year Max contract would MELO be one of the top 5 picked by a team. My answer is NO .....U ?

to clarify this today not 5 years ago.

Superstar

to clarify this today not 5 years ago.

jimcheif can play stuffed animal all he wants, we all know what you meant but now he wants to change the conversation making Bargnani the focal point of blame.

The Melo Thespians who are strumming their harps and puffing on flutes.....while writing love songs to Melo will eventually have to do 2 things in order to live in a world of reality.

- Stop overrating this Bum

- Stop absolving him from any blame

If they manage to stop doing those 2 things, then everything will remain calm instead of nuclear.

Veteran

Dude see NOW you are being unreasonable. Drafts aren't evaluated like you are talking about an you know it. Draftees are rated against their contemporaries and Melo was at the top if his class, which is widely recognized as one of the best ever. What you are talking about is a bad "what if???" Comic book. Why stop there???? Let's just throw Wilt, Kareem, Majic, Bird, the Big O, and every other NBA player EVER drafted into the mix then. That's what you are talking about. Laughable. I'm done. This is beyond retarded. You and 3GDumE win on Chief.

Veteran

Dude see NOW you are being unreasonable. Drafts aren't evaluated like you are talking about an you know it. Draftees are rated against their contemporaries and Melo was at the top if his class, which is widely recognized as one of the best ever. What you are talking about is a bad "what if???" Comic book. Why stop there???? Let's just throw Wilt, Kareem, Majic, Bird, the Big O, and every other NBA player EVER drafted into the mix then. That's what you are talking about. Laughable. I'm done. This is beyond retarded. You and 3GDumE win on Chief.

Let me make it simpler.............If you think Melo today is one of the Top 5 NBA players.....please tell me who joins him 1-5 and who does not in 6-10..............is that better ?

Veteran

Let me make it simpler.............If you think Melo today is one of the Top 5 NBA players.....please tell me who joins him 1-5 and who does not in 6-10..............is that better ?

AGAIN in the league Today, their current age....today today today

Veteran

Well here's your top five scorers in order: KD, Melo, Bron, Kevin Love, and Steph Curry....Probably a great place to start.

Veteran

Well here's your top five scorers in order: KD, Melo, Bron, Kevin Love, and Steph Curry....Probably a great place to start.

TOP 5 PLAYERS !!!!!! not top 5 scorers..........
    It was simple debate that you feel MELO is a Top 5 player in the league......

I think if you polled all NBA Teams not a single one would put Melo today in the TOP 5 players in the league...
    Obviously u agree......yes he is a top scorer....not top player and there is a HUGE Difference.......BTW I do like Melo and I beleive with a coach like Phil Jackson Melo would have fallen into the top 3.