kendrick_perkins.png

raymond_felton.png
thabo_sefolosha.png

pablo_prigioni.png
reggie_jackson.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Portland Trailblazers
Andrea Bargnani - Torn Ligament, Left Elbow (OUT)Russell Westbrook - Right knee (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Sore left ankle (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
81592259.jpg
February 9, 1992Patrick Ewing, making his third straight NBA All-Star start, scores 10 points
and grabs four rebounds in the East?s 153-113 loss in Orlando.

Recent meetings
December 25, 2013For the 49th time in franchise history, New York played a Christmas Day game as they were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder 123-94 at a soldout Madison Square Garden. New York was behind for most of the day as they only saw a lead once at 10-8 with 8:21 left in the first quarter. Oklahoma City took over control and the lead at 21-18 on a Thabo Sefolosha triple, a lead they never relinquished. New York was paced by Amar?e Stoudemire?s team high 22 points on 10-16 shooting from the field over 27 minutes. Rookie, Tim Hardaway Jr. tied a career high with 21 points on 8-19 shooting over a career high 38 minutes. J.R. Smith added 20 points. Oklahoma City was led by Kevin Durant?s 29 points, seven rebounds and six assists over 32 minutes. Russell Westbrook recorded a triple-double with 14 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists over 29 minutes. Serge Ibaka added 24 points on 10-14 shooting.
April 7, 2013In an old-fashion shoot-out, the duo of Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith helped push the Knicks to a 125-120 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena to extend its winning streak to 12-games- its third longest winning streak in franchise history. Carmelo Anthony continued on his torrid streak as he posted 36 points, 12 rebounds and zero turnovers over 37 minutes for his eighth double-double of the season. Anthony has posted 30 or more points in four-straight games and in five of his last six. J.R. Smith recorded 22 points, seven rebounds and four assists over 35 minutes. Smith helped seal the victory with two-jumpers in the last 1:30 to give the Knicks a 120-13 lead with :56.8 remaining in the game. Raymond Felton added 16 points and eight assists over 39 minutes. Jason Kidd (14 points) and Chris Copeland (13 points) combine for 27 points off the bench. Russell Westbrook paced the Thunder with 37 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists over 34 minutes. Kevin Durant posted 27 points and seven assists over 45 minutes. Serge Ibaka added 13 points, six rebounds and five blocks over 32 minutes. This was the first victory for the Knicks at Chesapeake Energy Arena (1-4).

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Felton just crossed Reggie Jackson out his damn shoes

Melo playing good team ball man, he's saving some gas for the second half he finna go off!

Broadway

All Star
KD greater than Melo.

I've always seen great separation between the 2 in talent. KD is superior to Melo in how he plays the game, it's not even close. We are now 2-13 against the Top 4(legit playoff contending teams)

We suck and no matter how man times we beat the Magic/Celtics/Cavs.... we suck. I can't wait tip the day I don't have to watch this horrific roster anymore.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I've always seen great separation between the 2 in talent. KD is superior to Melo in how he plays the game, it's not even close. We are now 2-13 against the Top 4(legit playoff contending teams)

We suck and no matter how man times we beat the Magic/Celtics/Cavs.... we suck. I can't wait tip the day I don't have to watch this horrific roster anymore.
At one time we had the core of Melo, TC and Stat on the floor and they hardly looked like the world beaters people thought they would be.

Most around here think Chandler is god but to me he's overpaid and overrated, talks a good game with that leadership BS but in the end he's a complementary player that needs a good PnR PG to get him his points.

Bigsav

Rookie
Champions want a challenge they want to take the best players defend them etc. it was clear Durante wanted one on one with Anthony, Anthony on the other hand did not want a bar of it. Anthony as a player not worth a max contract. Anthony as a jersey seller is and marketing tool is worth a max contract. Which way will the knicks go?

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn .. I missed the Melo vs KD game ..
The stats show Sefolosha & Ibaka same-page defense are still holding OKC opponents 100 pts or less a game.
We could've had a same-page defense too, if we let K-Mart, MWP, and Shump call out defensive patterns.

I guess the game puts a end to the Melo vs KD comparison ..
Durant's all-around talent comes with a strong leadership to keep all his teammates on the same-page.
Durant's 18-7 with a starting-PG Reggie Jackson in his 3rd season in the NBA.
The 41-12 OKC are on a 12-2 run .... Winning 41 out of 53 games.

Wargames

Starter
its crazy how the Thunder is playing like a playoff team and you see them basically working on the stuff they need for playoff basketball and that they are locking in on that win now mentality

and then the knicks go out there and still seem lost.....

FIRE WOODSON

Kiyaman

Legend
its crazy how the Thunder is playing like a playoff team and you see them basically working on the stuff they need for playoff basketball and that they are locking in on that win now mentality
and then the knicks go out there and still seem lost.....
FIRE WOODSON

Thats the part that been bothering me all season .. our performance as a team look clueless & lost in practically every area on the court.
Im talking about Knicks players in their 3rd season together (Tyson/Stat/Melo/JR/Shump), and Knicks players in their 2nd season together (Felton/Prig/K-Mart).
What do we do in PRACTICE? or do we practice at all?

Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony have combined to win the last four regular-season scoring titles, and they are currently first and second in the NBA in points per game in 2013-14 season.
Kevin Durant had 41 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists and two blocks in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 112-100 victory over the New York Knicks.

"You can double him but he's a willing passer now and he's finding people all over the place. He was good tonight, real good," said Knicks coach Mike Woodson.

Reggie Jackson added 19 points and six assists for Oklahoma City, which has won nine in a row at home. Serge Ibaka tallied 16 points and nine rebounds.
"In the pick and roll we did a good job of using the screen effectively," Durant said. "Serge gave his body up for other guys and also finished as well. Once we play with the pass, we're unpredictable. We have to continue to make the right plays."

Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton each had 16 points for the Knicks, who have dropped four of five. Carmelo Anthony finished with 15 points on 5-of-19 shooting.

Holding a 61-60 lead with 9:39 left in the third quarter, Thabo Sefolosha made consecutive 3-pointers to spark a 10-0 Oklahoma City run. Kendrick Perkins scored the final four points of the spurt to make it a 71-60 contest.
The Thunder built a 12-point margin and took an 86-78 lead into the fourth.

All those fans and sports writers who only concern are on players scoring abilities (the best player lol), need to know/understand this Knicks vs OKC game was based on the best defense winning the game.
OKC won this game in the 3rd quarter, outscoring the Knicks in all 3 quarters took the Knicks 4th quarter confidence.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's funny so called Knicks fans are gloating that KD outplayed Melo Sunday. Uhhhhh hello, you are making our point: both are top five players in the league. Durant dropped 41 and almost ***** around and got a triple double. That's Durant being Durantula. Mr "I gonna drop show up at the Rucker and drop 80" you know. But Melo won the scoring title last year so now whAt. OKC team defense won that game Sunday holding our star to 15. And a trend is emerging: teams are throwing the house at Melo knowing that nobody else on this team can beat you. That's on STAT,Tyson,JR,Ray Ray and everyone else on this squad to make teams pay for loading up on Melo.

skisloper

Starter
It's funny so called Knicks fans are gloating that KD outplayed Melo Sunday. Uhhhhh hello, you are making our point: both are top five players in the league. Durant dropped 41 and almost ***** around and got a triple double. That's Durant being Durantula. Mr "I gonna drop show up at the Rucker and drop 80" you know. But Melo won the scoring title last year so now whAt. OKC team defense won that game Sunday holding our star to 15. And a trend is emerging: teams are throwing the house at Melo knowing that nobody else on this team can beat you. That's on STAT,Tyson,JR,Ray Ray and everyone else on this squad to make teams pay for loading up on Melo.

MELO is NOT a top 5 player in the league......Top scorer yes but player cmon.,,,,,...

If all NBA players got thrown in a draft for next do you think Melo would be one of the top 5 picked ?

tiger0330

Legend
That's another worry to me. His legacy has been in question since he entered the league, 10 years of people questioning his ability, saying you don't build a team around him, that he doesn't make his teammates better, that he can't play D etc. I think his biggest dream more than the 30M more the Knicks can pay him is to go to a winning situation to answer those questions for himself.

Doesn't look like the Knicks are going to trade him at the deadline so let's hope no team is interested in paying him max money and we don't lose him for nothing.

jimkcchief88

All Star
MELO is NOT a top 5 player in the league......Top scorer yes but player cmon.,,,,,...

If all NBA players got thrown in a draft for next do you think Melo would be one of the top 5 picked ?

Uhhhh, here is the 2003 draft order: 1. Lebron 2. Darko Milicic 3. Melo 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwayne Wade. So Miami's Big Three ALL came out with Melo and only Lebron was drafted higher than Melo. So answer your own question.