Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2/9/2014 1:00PM

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    its crazy how the Thunder is playing like a playoff team and you see them basically working on the stuff they need for playoff basketball and that they are locking in on that win now mentality
    and then the knicks go out there and still seem lost.....
    FIRE WOODSON

Thats the part that been bothering me all season .. our performance as a team look clueless & lost in practically every area on the court.
    Im talking about Knicks players in their 3rd season together (Tyson/Stat/Melo/JR/Shump), and Knicks players in their 2nd season together (Felton/Prig/K-Mart).
    What do we do in PRACTICE? or do we practice at all?

Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony have combined to win the last four regular-season scoring titles, and they are currently first and second in the NBA in points per game in 2013-14 season.
    Kevin Durant had 41 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists and two blocks in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 112-100 victory over the New York Knicks.

"You can double him but he's a willing passer now and he's finding people all over the place. He was good tonight, real good," said Knicks coach Mike Woodson.

Reggie Jackson added 19 points and six assists for Oklahoma City, which has won nine in a row at home. Serge Ibaka tallied 16 points and nine rebounds.
    "In the pick and roll we did a good job of using the screen effectively," Durant said. "Serge gave his body up for other guys and also finished as well. Once we play with the pass, we're unpredictable. We have to continue to make the right plays."

Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton each had 16 points for the Knicks, who have dropped four of five. Carmelo Anthony finished with 15 points on 5-of-19 shooting.

Holding a 61-60 lead with 9:39 left in the third quarter, Thabo Sefolosha made consecutive 3-pointers to spark a 10-0 Oklahoma City run. Kendrick Perkins scored the final four points of the spurt to make it a 71-60 contest.
    The Thunder built a 12-point margin and took an 86-78 lead into the fourth.
    All those fans and sports writers who only concern are on players scoring abilities (the best player lol), need to know/understand this Knicks vs OKC game was based on the best defense winning the game.
    OKC won this game in the 3rd quarter, outscoring the Knicks in all 3 quarters took the Knicks 4th quarter confidence.

Veteran

It's funny so called Knicks fans are gloating that KD outplayed Melo Sunday. Uhhhhh hello, you are making our point: both are top five players in the league. Durant dropped 41 and almost ***** around and got a triple double. That's Durant being Durantula. Mr "I gonna drop show up at the Rucker and drop 80" you know. But Melo won the scoring title last year so now whAt. OKC team defense won that game Sunday holding our star to 15. And a trend is emerging: teams are throwing the house at Melo knowing that nobody else on this team can beat you. That's on STAT,Tyson,JR,Ray Ray and everyone else on this squad to make teams pay for loading up on Melo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    It's funny so called Knicks fans are gloating that KD outplayed Melo Sunday. Uhhhhh hello, you are making our point: both are top five players in the league. Durant dropped 41 and almost ***** around and got a triple double. That's Durant being Durantula. Mr "I gonna drop show up at the Rucker and drop 80" you know. But Melo won the scoring title last year so now whAt. OKC team defense won that game Sunday holding our star to 15. And a trend is emerging: teams are throwing the house at Melo knowing that nobody else on this team can beat you. That's on STAT,Tyson,JR,Ray Ray and everyone else on this squad to make teams pay for loading up on Melo.

MELO is NOT a top 5 player in the league......Top scorer yes but player cmon.,,,,,...

If all NBA players got thrown in a draft for next do you think Melo would be one of the top 5 picked ?

Veteran

That's another worry to me. His legacy has been in question since he entered the league, 10 years of people questioning his ability, saying you don't build a team around him, that he doesn't make his teammates better, that he can't play D etc. I think his biggest dream more than the 30M more the Knicks can pay him is to go to a winning situation to answer those questions for himself.

Doesn't look like the Knicks are going to trade him at the deadline so let's hope no team is interested in paying him max money and we don't lose him for nothing.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    MELO is NOT a top 5 player in the league......Top scorer yes but player cmon.,,,,,...

If all NBA players got thrown in a draft for next do you think Melo would be one of the top 5 picked ?
    Uhhhh, here is the 2003 draft order: 1. Lebron 2. Darko Milicic 3. Melo 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwayne Wade. So Miami's Big Three ALL came out with Melo and only Lebron was drafted higher than Melo. So answer your own question.

Superstar

Delusional Lunacy thinking Melo is anywhere close to a Top 5 player....

ESPN had him ranked fairly accurately at 17th season's begin

ESPN was working on the daily double with the 37-45 season record prediction. The sad part about this...fans gnashed their teeth and pulled all their hairs out yet we're going to prove ESPN wrong and instead of looking like media haters, they were exceptionally generous.

All a result of a Melo led Knick team going nowhere today, tomorrow, nor 5yrs from now unless we erase this DUD Chimpmunk Head Greaseball Fraud.

Oh and btw I'm tired of the remaining cesspool of scummy dross that is this team. I go back and forth between....

Tyson Chandler's fake thug Quaker Oats Hulk-A-Mania act

Raymond Felton playing like a tired 19% body fat 5th grader on the neighborhood schoolyard blacktop

Iman 0 for 247fg shot havin 106 & Park Freestyle Friday Youtubin Dump Chumpert

Superstar

Uhhhh, here is the 2003 draft order: 1. Lebron 2. Darko Milicic 3. Melo 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwayne Wade. So Miami's Big Three ALL came out with Melo and only Lebron was drafted higher than Melo. So answer your own question.
    He's talking about today's current players. Throw them all in this summer's draft no way Melo goes 5. He gets drafted outside of the lottery slots 1-14....

He'd fall somewhere between 15-20. Several players lapped this knucklehead before the first mile....

Players I'd draft well before Melo

Lebron
    Durant
    CP3
    Blake
    George
    Aldridge
    Curry
    Love
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Harden
    Dirk(even at 35 helluva quiet winning season he's having)
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Wall
    James Harden
    * Derrick Rose
    * Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Melo is in the group below

Kyrie Irving
    Luol Deng
    Deron Williams
    DeMar Derozan
    Serge Ibaka
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Dwayne Wade
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    DeAndre Jordan
    Andre Iguodala
    Joe Johnson
    Chris Bosh
    Joahkim Noah
    Kyle Lowry
    Paul Milsap
    Al Horford
    Al Jefferson
    Roy Hibbert
    Lance Stephenson
    Dwight Howard
    Zach Randolph
    Demarcus Cousins
    Tony Parker
    Tim Duncan
    Kemba Walker
    Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Feb 11, 2014 at 14:12.

Veteran

Your kidding right ?
    Today Feb 11th U are saying Melo is one of the top 5 players in the league.
    NO WAY !!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    He's talking about today's current players. Throw them all in this summer's draft no way Melo goes 5. He gets drafted outside of the lottery slots 1-14....

He'd fall somewhere between 15-20. Several players lapped this knucklehead before the first mile....

Lebron
    Durant
    CP3
    Blake
    George
    Aldridge
    Curry
    Love
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Harden
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Wall
    James Harden
    * Derrick Rose
    * Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Kyrie Irving
    Luol Deng
    Deron Williams
    DeMar Derozan
    Serge Ibaka
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Dwayne Wade
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    DeAndre Jordan
    Andre Iguodala
    Joe Johnson
    Chris Bosh
    Joahkim Noah
    Kyle Lowry
    Paul Milsap
    Al Horford
    Al Jefferson
    Roy Hibbert
    Lance Stephenson
    Dwight Howard
    Zach Randolph
    Demarcus Cousins
    Tony Parker
    Tim Duncan
    Kemba Walker
    Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list.

I cannot wait to see the answer of who JimChief thinks Melo should be in front of in your top 14.......I too am hoping u did not understand I meant currect day.

Superstar

Lebron
    Durant
    CP3
    Blake
    George
    Aldridge
    Curry
    Love
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    James Harden
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Wall
    * Derrick Rose
    * Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Kyrie Irving
    Luol Deng
    Deron Williams
    DeMar Derozan
    Serge Ibaka
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Dwayne Wade
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    DeAndre Jordan
    Andre Iguodala
    Joe Johnson
    Chris Bosh
    Joahkim Noah
    Kyle Lowry
    Paul Milsap
    Al Horford
    Al Jefferson
    Roy Hibbert
    Lance Stephenson
    Dwight Howard
    Zach Randolph
    Demarcus Cousins
    Tony Parker
    Tim Duncan
    Kemba Walker
    Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list

I cannot wait to see the answer of who JimChief thinks Melo should be in front of in your top 14.......I too am hoping u did not understand I meant currect day.

All the players in bold are without a shadow of a doubt if healthy better than Carmelo, best for best. In a playoff series etc etc. You can make cases for others being better.

Now would some players have strikes against them based on things like age and inexperience sure but they also have advantages much the same, especially when you're talking about building with or putting pieces around such players. As we've seen with Melo the past 12yrs and counting, it's virtually impossible to come up with the mad scientist combination that works.

I mean seriously if you're picking 5 guys to go against another 5 and you have 1 pick left no matter the team scenario I'm picking all those guys before Melo to complete my 5.

These 5 I probably take before him based on things being 50/50 flipping a coin....(Kyrie, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, Ibaka, Randolph). Meaning if I play Melo's team 10 times and the only difference being these 5 players and him.... I bet my team at a minimum wins 5 of those games.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Feb 11, 2014 at 19:06.

Veteran

Ok you hoops genius' do me favor and WIKI 2003 NBA draft and get back to me....As for your 2nd tier Melo list 3G....get real...The Bulls got rid of Luol(on your list) and plan on using their amnesty on a Boozer, all in hopes of getting Melo. Not Pau, Pierce, KG, but Melo. Check out ESPN Chicago or The Chicago Sun Times or Tribune if you don't believe me.

Superstar

Ok you hoops genius' do me favor and WIKI 2003 NBA draft and get back to me....As for your 2nd tier Melo list 3G....get real...The Bulls got rid of Luol(on your list) and plan on using their amnesty on a Boozer, all in hopes of getting Melo. Not Pau, Pierce, KG, but Melo. Check out ESPN Chicago or The Chicago Sun Times or Tribune if you don't believe me.

lol Hasheem Thabeet was drafted higher than Melo in his draft class should we channel his draft as a means, to validate his Top whatever status?

lol @ you clutching the fabricated highly speculative Yahoo contributor story. No major media outlet has validated this story as legit. But funny you didn't mention Stephen A. Smith(more credible source) saying if Melo leaves he would have the Bulls at the top of his list. Another story more credible from Yahoo states Melo prefers Chicago over Los Angeles.....So it goes both ways...you see what I did there or did it go right over your head? Not to mention the pursuit of players have many different factors involved such as availability and probability of landing a player.

Are you suggesting because the Bulls aren't pursuing Kevin Durant then this factors where Durant falls, in a Top 5 status or lower?

You mentioned Boozer..... guess how the Bulls got Boozer?.... by clearing cap to pursue him. Guess what else... the Bulls made a couple attempts the past 2yrs trading for Pau Gasol, so what irrelevant point are you trying to make there? Don't answer...none at all

Clearly sloper wasn't referring to any past draft. He was referring to pooling a current draft with current NBA players and how Melo would fair, Top 5 he would not.... Which of course, the very reason you did because you know your statement of Melo being a Top 5 player is PUI....Posting Under The Influence.

Dudes catch cases for this...time to send this to the authorities so they can lock you up in the bing up state, up north.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Feb 11, 2014 at 20:30.

Veteran

lol Hasheem Thabeet was drafted higher than Melo in his draft class should we channel his draft as a means, to validate his Top whatever status?

lol @ you clutching the fabricated highly speculative Yahoo contributor story. No major media outlet has validated this story as legit. But funny you didn't mention Stephen A. Smith(more credible source) saying if Melo leaves he would have the Bulls at the top of his list. Another story more credible from Yahoo states Melo prefers Chicago over Los Angeles.....So it goes both ways...you see what I did there or did it go right over your head? Not to mention the pursuit of players have many different factors involved such as availability and probability of landing a player.

Are you suggesting because the Bulls aren't pursuing Kevin Durant then this factors where Durant falls, in a Top 5 status or lower?

You mentioned Boozer..... guess how the Bulls got Boozer?.... by clearing cap to pursue him. Guess what else... the Bulls made a couple attempts the past 2yrs trading for Pau Gasol, so what irrelevant point are you trying to make there? Don't answer...none at all

Clearly sloper wasn't referring to any past draft. He was referring to pooling a current draft with current NBA players and how Melo would fair, Top 5 he would not.... Which of course, the very reason you did because you know your statement of Melo being a Top 5 player is PUI....Posting Under The Influence.

Dudes catch cases for this...time to send this to the authorities so they can lock you up in the bing up state, up north.
    Chief. If today there was a draft of all players in the nba with exactly who the players are today u really think melo would be a top 5.

So to u its Lebrun , Durant, Chris paul, George and u have the 5th pick and u take melo.

The bulls do not want a 30 year old melo for a max contact

Not even gonna debate about Carmelo here. I've heard every argument and seen all the stats...At the end of the day if we had competent players around him he'd be in the MVP discussion and is averaging career highs in several different statistical categories

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Not even gonna debate about Carmelo here. I've heard every argument and seen all the stats...At the end of the day if we had competent players around him he'd be in the MVP discussion and is averaging career highs in several different statistical categories
    Most players who have competent players around them generally have pretty good success. Why doesn't Melo make those around him better?

Melo is playing with a DPOY and 6MOY correct? How many players in the league play with such players? Melo got 1 1st place vote(for MVP) last year after the team won 54gms...sorry Melo still isn't highly regarded as some of you would lead on to believe. Melo has played with some pretty accomplished players throughout his career that some players never get to play with and yet he hasn't done much with it. He's not doing much now and most certainly won't do much in the future when he'll have even less talent around him.