Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 2/12/2014 7:30PM

Veteran

[QUOTE=skisloper;283186]Thats just dumb.....When Melo is on the bench and Prigs brings up the ball the offense moves fine.....Opposing teams to make what decision that Melo will shoot ????????

please stop with the scoring champ......at what expense ?????? That he get 27 and then drop out of sight for the 4th quarter....EFFICIENCY and PLAYING SMART,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How many times has Melo taken and miss the game winning or game tie shot.........COME ON,,,,,,,[/QUOTE ]

Dude, you asked, I answered. In the absence of a real point guard, Melo brings the ball up sometimes because he has the skill set....Also it's harder to deny Melo the ball when he is bringing it up the floor.....it's like this....you put the ball in your best players hands as much as possible period. BTW, efficiency does not apply to volume shooters, who else on this team would you prefer taking those shots??? Look up Bargs shooting %%%% and get back to me...

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Kiya remind me how I proved 3GDuMe's point again???? You point out Melo "only averages 27 points a game." Uhhhh, Melo is the SECOND leading scorer in the league after winning a scoring title last year. I think that proves my point that Melo needs some help scoring. Kmart is a defensive player, not a consistent scorer, and poor Arrtest can't even stay healthy enough to stay on the court to help this team. And the Bargs trade has been downright awful. A seven footer that can't even shoot 50% from the field. Insert Chuck here: "that's turrible." And it's not Melo's fault this team doesn't get out and run much, it's the lack of perimeter defense(Felton), interior defense(Bargs), and rebounding(Bargs again). This team gives up too many EASY buckets so you don't get the run outs that lead too easy points. I will give you that this team is really missing your MVP from last season J Kidd. Between him promoting proper spacing and also missing knockdown shooters like Novak and Copland, teams are able to zero in on Melo so by the end of games Melo is gassed.

Com'on Jim .. the guy is known around the league as a "Ball-Hogger" ..
    Melo will throw up shot after shot the final 3 minutes in amy close scoring game.
    Yes, we do need a PG that is not afraid of .. the Melo & Dolan clan trading him, or not resigning him, or amnesty him .. for not doing what ISO-Melo want.

Melo could have had a successful postseason career in the NBA, if Melo didn't make all his teammates look at him as a Ball-Hogger.

Veteran

And the scoring champ thing is a FACT...I know you guys hate it and try to gloss it over but FACTS are FACTS....

Veteran

[QUOTE=jimkcchief88;283189]
    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Thats just dumb.....When Melo is on the bench and Prigs brings up the ball the offense moves fine.....Opposing teams to make what decision that Melo will shoot ????????

please stop with the scoring champ......at what expense ?????? That he get 27 and then drop out of sight for the 4th quarter....EFFICIENCY and PLAYING SMART,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How many times has Melo taken and miss the game winning or game tie shot.........COME ON,,,,,,,[/QUOTE ]

Dude, you asked, I answered. In the absence of a real point guard, Melo brings the ball up sometimes because he has the skill set....Also it's harder to deny Melo the ball when he is bringing it up the floor.....it's like this....you put the ball in your best players hands as much as possible period. BTW, efficiency does not apply to volume shooters, who else on this team would you prefer taking those shots??? Look up Bargs shooting %%%% and get back to me...

Down by one point in a playoff game, 14 seconds on the clock, Melo hold-holds the ball then throw the ball to Jared Jefferies out on the perimeter with 3 seconds left in the game.

Veteran

And the scoring champ thing is a FACT...I know you guys hate it and try to gloss it over but FACTS are FACTS....

Safe bet that if Lebron wanted to be scoring champ he could be.....Chris paul if he wanted to he could be....

I agree MELO is a top scorer.....JIM if he is still in your top 5 today NBA players then God Bless.....

Veteran

[QUOTE=Kiyaman;283192]

Down by one point in a playoff game, 14 seconds on the clock, Melo hold-holds the ball then throw the ball to Jared Jefferies out on the perimeter with 3 seconds left in the game.

Thats Melo's low Bball IQ under pressure

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Safe bet that if Lebron wanted to be scoring champ he could be.....Chris paul if he wanted to he could be....

I agree MELO is a top scorer.....JIM if he is still in your top 5 today NBA players then God Bless.....
    Thank you dude I am all in fixin to leave outta work right now and fight traffic to the city; Niketown Chicago to cop the MeloM10 released for all-star weekend my first Jays

Veteran

When was that??? Video please

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [
    I dunno about that, that was a Mike D'Antoni run team.