Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melo Willing to take Pay Cut for Knicks

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Announcing such foolishness in New Orleans during ALL-STAR weekend, after talking with so many All-Star players .. Melo found out his FA worth needs a pay-cut for any suiters to be interested. LMAO
    Joe Johnson laughing at Melo's pitch to Kevin Love....

Veteran

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Have you watched any games this season??? The only game I saw were Melo played for himself was the 62 record game. Ever other game he had great assist and rebounded that help his team score.

The only ways that make any championship sense is trading Melo or if Lebron come to NY. But Melo + full seat at MSG = $$$$$$$$ for the Knicks organization, championships or not. Why would the Knicks trade all those players for Melo??? Those players weren't seat filling draws.

If you see the Knicks keep Melo past the trading deadline, you'll know for sure they don't care about championships. OR THE KNICKS FANS
    I don't think these cats watch the games at all. They just come here to talk crap about Melo to try and feel better about their own miserable lives real talk. If they bothered to watch the games they would actually realize Melo is averaging career bests in categories other than points: minutes per game(38.8), rebounds(8.6), 3 point%(41%), and free throw%(84%). I do disagree with your last statement. If Melo stays past 2014, STAT and Bargs contracts come off the books and we could add another MAX player(hello Lebron) and then some.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G

Nooooooo, Melo offering to give Love a 3 point shooting/ back to the basket lessons

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I don't think these cats watch the games at all. They just come here to talk crap about Melo to try and feel better about their own miserable lives real talk. If they bothered to watch the games they would actually realize Melo is averaging career bests in categories other than points: minutes per game(38.8), rebounds(8.6), 3 point%(41%), and free throw%(84%). I do disagree with your last statement. If Melo stays past 2014, STAT and Bargs contracts come off the books and we could add another MAX player(hello Lebron) and then some.
    One of the few Knicks earning his money but he's 3rd in the NBA in shot attempts and 188th in FG%, 88 in assists and he hasn't been clutch in the 4th qtr. I can see the critics point about him being an iso ball player. I have seen too many lows and losing streaks with Melo, TC and Stat in the lineup together. In 2012 it was Lin that seemingly turned around the season, last year the old heads of Kidd, Sheed and KT were the diiference, this year we won't even make the playoffs despite a great year by Melo

Veteran

Not in love no pun intended with a Love/Melo duo in NY. What has love done in MN?? Great players but a chemistry nightmare imo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    One of the few Knicks earning his money but he's 3rd in the NBA in shot attempts and 188th in FG%, 88 in assists and he hasn't been clutch in the 4th qtr. I can see the critics point about him being an iso ball player. I have seen too many lows and losing streaks with Melo, TC and Stat in the lineup together. In 2012 it was Lin that seemingly turned around the season, last year the old heads of Kidd, Sheed and KT were the diiference, this year we won't even make the playoffs despite a great year by Melo
    Two things Tiger....41% from 3 point land is not 188th in the league. Melo's 3 point % was good enough to set a record in the Allstar game for makes. Two...You cannot compare a volume jump shooters fg% to guys Blake Griffinth that get thrown ally oops all day or a Dwight Howard that shoots 2 foot jumpshots as opposed to 22 foot jump shots. And again, if Melo had ANY help maybe he wouldn't have to take majority of the shots. Our 11 million$$$$, former #1 draft pick, hasn't played for a month and is a seven footer who's fg% is barely better than Melo's 3 point%. Let the Great White Benchwarmer share some of blame for this disappointing season people. Look how much better the Craptors are without Bargiani. Sorry that's more than two things on Chief.

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Have you watched any games this season??? The only game I saw were Melo played for himself was the 62 record game. Ever other game he had great assist and rebounded that help his team score.

The only ways that make any championship sense is trading Melo or if Lebron come to NY. But Melo + full seat at MSG = $$$$$$$$ for the Knicks organization, championships or not. Why would the Knicks trade all those players for Melo??? Those players weren't seat filling draws.

If you see the Knicks keep Melo past the trading deadline, you'll know for sure they don't care about championships. OR THE KNICKS FANS
    Yes I have watched every game and what I have seen from melo this year is what every player does that's in his situation.When their contract is coming to a close or if they can opt out those players always play harder and try harder than the years before when they was still with their team.Thats one thing that I can't stand is watch a player loaf and not play his best for his team until his contract year comes.I garrentee you one thing if or when he does get that money he will be back to the same melo and that's a fact.

Superstar

From Marc Spears

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] seem to be very bi-polar when it comes the their confidence level that Carmelo Anthony will return in 2014-15 and be with the team long-term. After sounding like they wouldn’t be making a move at the NBA All-Star Game, the Knicks have kicked it into high gear, going from scoffing at trade talks to being in preliminary talks for a three-team blockbuster.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], all this flexing is stemming from the fact that the Knicks are insecure about how Carmelo Anthony sees them and they want to prove they are committed to putting a winning team on the court right now.

New York is trying to make a deal before the trade deadline to show Carmelo Anthony they’re serious about improving.

We’ve heard this as motivation in the past, and it makes a lot of sense. While it’s abundantly clear that Melo loves living in New York, he wants to win there too and that all starts with the front office. A willingness now to get big pieces proves that if Melo re-signs, the team will go out and make free agent waves.

At least that’s the message that seems to be coming across, and it’s far from a bad one for New York to be sending out.

Like I said if we can't pull off deals for the likes of the great Kyle Lowry/Jeff Teague then how on earth are we gonna pull moves 1-2yrs from now?

Veteran

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I complained and I wasn't the only one we could resigned David Lee for half the we layed out for STAT.
    but at the time of signing, lee was 1/2 the player stat was...

Veteran

See my old school David Lee triple double thread for my response

Superstar

Melo could also opt in this summer at $23mil on his last year and offer to take the pay cut in 2015, instead of having a $25.5mil cap hit already on the books that year by signing the $130mil deal this off-season.

For the record when I say opt in at $23mil and then look to take a pay cut, it's with the understanding he goes and recruit whoever is supposed to be that guy(s) to rebuild with going forward summer of 2015... while making considerably less than 105% or Max.

IMO this would be a better indication he's willing to make that sacrifice, as all our big contracts come off the books summer of 2015.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Cliffnote version of a couple previous posts I made in this thread and what present news do we have in regards to this scenario?.....See below

Carmelo Anthony and his camp are not interested in entering free agency in 2015 and remain set on this upcoming offseason.Anthony will be 31 when the 2015 free agency period hits.

The New York Knicks will likely pitch to Anthony the idea of adding stars around him through trade or free agency.

Anthony could opt into his contract in the offseason but has made it clear this season that he wants to become a free agent.
    There's some other telling info in this article. I guess Melo isn't really serious about making the sacrifice that has the best chance of paying off. Oh and according to Isola....

Melo's camp thinks 2015 is MYTHICAL UNICORNY..<-------I tried to told ya'll it is. What team do you know maxes out a player, then delays the rebuilding a year with limited picks in bi-annual yrs?

Last edited by 3G4G; Mar 05, 2014 at 14:03.

Veteran

^^^^^^^^^
    Cliffnote version of a couple previous posts I made in this thread and what present news do we have in regards to this scenario?.....See below

There's some other telling info in this article. I guess Melo isn't really serious about making the sacrifice that has the best chance of paying off. Oh and according to Isola....

Melo's camp thinks 2015 is MYTHICAL UNICORNY..<-------I tried to told ya'll it is. What team do you know maxes out a player, then delays the rebuilding a year with limited picks in bi-annual yrs?

Melo offering to take a Pay cut is a brilliant marketing strategy and he cannot lose.
    If no with a decent market offers a MELO max contract he can always fall back on the Knicks take a slight pay cut.

I di not see any NBA offering a 30 year old Melo a MAX 4 year deal. There is just too much young talent in and coming into the league for a team to do that.

After watching what is going on in NY who in the world would want to come here.....We said the samething after Isiah and all we have to show for it was Amare ( that nobody would give a 5 year max deal to ), Chandler ( again Dallas would not pay him ) and MELO who there has always been that winning/making teamates better question...

seems to be we are doomed and that just blows.....for years we could fool ourselves and believe but now even being dillusional is gone.

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Melo offering to take a Pay cut is a brilliant marketing strategy and he cannot lose.
    If no with a decent market offers a MELO max contract he can always fall back on the Knicks take a slight pay cut.

I di not see any NBA offering a 30 year old Melo a MAX 4 year deal. There is just too much young talent in and coming into the league for a team to do that.

After watching what is going on in NY who in the world would want to come here.....We said the samething after Isiah and all we have to show for it was Amare ( that nobody would give a 5 year max deal to ), Chandler ( again Dallas would not pay him ) and MELO who there has always been that winning/making teamates better question...

seems to be we are doomed and that just blows.....for years we could fool ourselves and believe but now even being dillusional is gone.
    I'm also tired of hearing free agents media talk about a free agent's (CAMP or TEAM)

Listen bishes you have only 1 team and that's who you currently play for or no team at all if you're unemployed. CAA is not a TEAM. It's an agency/marketing firm, be it one of the largest in the entertainment industry but cut the crap talk of "I'll see what my TEAM wants to do as far as planning goes, we'll sit down and discuss things as a TEAM"......

As if you came off some back-to-back and you're contemplating if you should get in some additional practice time until the next gig or as if it's some exclusive Players only meeting held after hella play, amidst a 10gm losing streak.

It sounds so retarded and overplayed.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Mar 05, 2014 at 16:13.

Veteran

I'm also tired of hearing free agents media talk about a free agent's (CAMP or TEAM)

Listen bishes you have only 1 team and that's who you currently play for or no team at all if you're unemployed. CAA is not a TEAM. It's an agency/marketing firm, be it one of the largest in the entertainment industry but cut the crap talk of "I'll see what my TEAM wants to do as far as planning goes, we'll sit down and discuss things as a TEAM"......

As if you came off some back-to-back and you're contemplating if you should get in some additional practice time until the next gig or as if it's some exclusive Players only meeting held after hella play, amidst a 10gm losing streak.

It sounds so retarded and overplayed.

Lebron's so called 'TEAM" made a jackass of him.........You are so right,,,,,,,,such nonsense....
    The truth is these so called " Teams " works for the knicks because a player has to be a fool to come play for Dolan.....at the end of the day he calls the shots......