2015 Free Agent Rebuild Plan....Pure Mythology

Broadway

All Star
I've always thought it was mythical. Look who we're interested in as the deadline approaches

Interested in Lowry(needs new deal 2014 still leaves us with no point guard if he walked)
With the NBA trade deadline three days away, the Knicks continue to try to engage the Raptors in an attempt to acquire point guard Kyle Lowry, according to league sources.

Kyle Lowry

#7 PG
Toronto Raptors

2014 STATS

• [*=left]GM52
  • PPG16.7
  • RPG4.5
  • APG7.6
  • FG%.431
    [*=right]FT%.799

The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say. They have been reluctant to include sharp-shooting rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first-round draft pick in any deal. One of those two pieces are believed to be a prerequisite for Toronto to consider giving up Lowry.

"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry," one league source said.

Interested in Faried(needs new deal 2015 crazy cap hit that summer)
The New York Knicks are attempting to resume trade talks with the Denver Nuggets on a deal centered on Iman Shumpert for Kenneth Faried.

The Knicks were actively looking to trade Shumpert earlier in the season with Faried as a potential target.

The Knicks believe they have depth at Shumpert's position in J.R. Smith and Tim Hardaway Jr., which would allow the team to balance the roster.

Interested In Aaron Afflalo(has committed salary in 2015)
The NBA trade deadline is less than a week away, and teams are starting to emerge as buyers and sellers around the league.

Some of the buyers this year are sort of surprising, as the
Oklahoma City Thunder rarely seem to make big trades while the Charlotte Bobcats and Phoenix Suns are typically sellers.

But this year all three are in the buyers market and all three, in addition to the New York Knicks, could have eyes on Orlando Magic stud Arron Afflalo. According to Alex Kennedy, the Magic could start getting flooded with more calls about Afflalo as the deadline nears.

The Charlotte Bobcats, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs come to mind. Pretty much any team that wants to be a buyer at the deadline and could use a starting shooting guard or additional scorer. Afflalo has been excellent this season and his trade value has never been higher.

Interested in Teague(has committed salary in 2015)
The New York Knicks are interested in upgrading the point guard position ahead of the deadline.

The Knicks were close to a trade for Kyle Lowry in December before talks fell apart.

The Knicks are now said to be interested in Jeff Teague of the Atlanta Hawks.

Teague signed a four-year, $32 million offer sheet with the Milwaukee Bucks in the offseason, which was matched by the Hawks. Teague would have to approve the trade and he would also take away the Knicks' wish for max cap space in 2015.

tiger0330

Legend
I just posted about the Teague rumors. He's shooting 26% from 3 but overall better numbers than Felton, I think we could absorb his 8M using him as a long term solution at PG. Knicks are really trying to get a playoff spot this year and this roster isn't getting it done, Teague might get us a lower seed.

Broadway

All Star
I just posted about the Teague rumors. He's shooting 26% from 3 but overall better numbers than Felton, I think we could absorb his 8M using him as a long term solution at PG. Knicks are really trying to get a playoff spot this year and this roster isn't getting it done, Teague might get us a lower seed.

We wanted Miller from Denver supposedly their asking price is too high

We wanted Lowry from Toronto supposedly their asking price is Jr. or a pick, plus Shumpert

We wanted D.J. Augustin waived from Toronto he said eff that I'm going to Chi-Town

We want Teague....he makes almost double what Felton makes in 2015 and Atlanta is a playoff team with him. Why would they trade him to us without a ridiculous asking price?

I think what this shows is we can't execute a plan. The short/long term plan has been since summer's begin getting a point guard. We have yet to execute this relatively simplistic plan. There are some teams potentially carrying 2 if not 3 legit starters in some cases and we apparently don't have 1 or haven't been satisfied with the ones we have. Matter of fact we've ostracized 1 of them most definitely. We did have a point guard 2yrs ago but someone chased him away.

Until we give up another draft pick or a low cost/high upside player (i.e. THJ or Shump), I won't give up hope that either intentionally or by pure accident, we will make it to the 2015 offseason with a chance for a fresh start, either with or without Melo. Giving up assets when you have absolutely no chance of doing anything the current season or most likely, the next season, is exactly the kind of nonsense we would do, but still, every day without a headline story is another day closer that we get.