NBA Trade Deadline....2-20-14

CoolClyde

An interesting stat that I read was that Felton has only assisted SHumpert 10 times in over 600 minutes of playing time. So even though I can't stand Iman and his hesitation to score, we can also say that Felton is yet another reason why this team is struggling.

Felton has to be dropped from hte starting rotation. Now that we are stuck with what we have, adjustments have to be made.

Either fire Woodson and his stubborn philosophies or change the starting lineup and rotations.

Pablo, Hardaway, JR, Melo, Chandler should start and finish games.

back ups- Felton, Shump, Tyler, Amare get main minutes of bench....you can even do spot minutes for guys like World Peace and Mourry

what a horrendous stat Paul!! that, in a nutshell, is the reason this team is struggling, and why Felton is a loooooooser, and Woody is a moron for not recognizing that fact staring in his potato head face. The starting POINT GUARD has dished out 10 assists to the starting SHOOTING GUARD the entire season??? WTF??? hahahahahahahah, the insanity of it all!

Fail-ton... to the bench... pronto. Pablo/Hardaway... start. minutes for Murry. agreed this team needs a change, since the front office is so damn stupid and weak to not have the balls or brains to do a freaking thing for a struggling team at the trade deadline, the change needs to come from within.

Woodson needs to go. fresh blood all around.

Shump has to be a back up at this point

I've come to loathe the version of JR this year and I prefer him off the bench, but yeah, Shump has struggled like crazy this year. I think Shump probably would benefit from getting more minutes, when healthy, without having to play with Melo and/or JR, but not sure what that says about the future of this franchise.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I get the impression that management is prepared to write this season off -- and perhaps next year's season as well. Shumpert has regressed dramatically, but I believe this is due at least in part to mismanagement of his talents. He will more likely thrive with a running team, but he needs to work on his handle and he must improve his coordination when driving to the basket. His coordination is not catching up with his speed. In any event, the elimination of Shumpert and Felton will clear up additional cap space in 2015. That appears to be management's goal. It likely also means that Melo will get close to a max contract..

tiger0330

Legend
I get the impression that management is prepared to write this season off -- and perhaps next year's season as well. Shumpert has regressed dramatically, but I believe this is due at least in part to mismanagement of his talents. He will more likely thrive with a running team, but he needs to work on his handle and he must improve his coordination when driving to the basket. His coordination is not catching up with his speed. In any event, the elimination of Shumpert and Felton will clear up additional cap space in 2015. That appears to be management's goal. It likely also means that Melo will get close to a max contract..
Shump is a major disappointment. His development in all areas esp his perimeter shooting has hit a brick wall, I don't think we should be surprised statistically more guys drafted 19 are more likely to be out of the league in 4 years than become stars. His knees are also a major concern, I wish we could have put together a deal for him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Shump is a major disappointment.

Shump is not a disappointment .. isolation is not Shumps game.
Shump showed that in his rookie season when we went 8-15 .. then Lin arrive
Shump is a transitional-player that fits into a SSOL system to score before the defense get back.
Jeremy Lin & Shumpert made the perfect backcourt tandem pushing the ball, bringing energy to their teammates.
The Knicks walk the ball on practically every offensive-possession where opponents always have time to setup their half-court defense. The Knicks never take advantage of a opponents weakness.
For two seasons the Knicks team average 8 points a game on fast-break baskets.

Did anyone notice the new LA Clippers after the Deadline?
The Clippers Forward rotation consist of "Turk, Granger, BIG-Baby, and Griffin" that's a seven game series with any elite team in the West.
It don't look like the Clippers had any interest in Shump for Collison .. HC Doc favor PG-Collison to much.

Kiyaman

Legend

AGREE .... the Knicks organization did not learn anything from this season if Melo are still in their future plans.