Earl Clark, Shannon Brown to Knicks

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The New York Knicks have agreed in principal to contracts with free-agent forward Earl Clark and free-agent guard Shannon Brown, sources told ESPN.com.

The team is expected to sign both Clark and Brown to 10-day contracts on Thursday so they can have them under contract for seven games, sources say.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiger0330

Legend
Jordan Hamilton who was involved in trade talks with Beno scored 12 pts for Houston. I hope these guys can be as good but Brown reminds me of Shumpert, was a good prospect in LA but flamed out after a couple of years.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
This is embarrassing .. World Peace for Earl .. Beno for Shannon

I guess when ur going to give out 4 minutes of spot-minutes to players, its best to get players that fit the bill

Broadway

All Star
This is embarrassing .. World Peace for Earl .. Beno for Shannon

I guess when ur going to give out 4 minutes of spot-minutes to players, its best to get players that fit the bill

Actually these are pretty decent signings. Metta was injury prone and washed up getting an athletic young front court player like Clark who can defend and hit the 3 can only be a positive. Beno was kind of a sad situation as we do need a point guard but Shumpert is hurt and Shannon actually fills his void for now. Had Kawhai hand not have healed for the Spurs Shannon probably would have received another 10 day contract from the Spurs. If the Spurs can sign Shannon Brown to 10day contracts then so can we.

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually these are pretty decent signings. Metta was injury prone and washed up getting an athletic young front court player like Clark who can defend and hit the 3 can only be a positive. Beno was kind of a sad situation as we do need a point guard but Shumpert is hurt and Shannon actually fills his void for now. Had Kawhai hand not have healed for the Spurs Shannon probably would have received another 10 day contract from the Spurs. If the Spurs can sign Shannon Brown to 10day contracts then so can we.

Spurs n Knicks are like Lexus to a Buick .. Spurs has a plan, system, and decent playingtime.
The Knicks on the other hand has no plan, no system, and no decent playingtime.
The only thing Shannon Brown has familiar with the Knicks are playing with a Ball-Hogger Kobe.
The Spurs HOF headcoach Pop system is all about ball-movement, player-movement, and Pop dont like Ball-Hoggers on his team.

Meta World Peace has a career of 14 straight years of never being injury-prone.
Last year World Peace got injured in midseason was supose to be out for 4 weeks, Meta came back after the Lakers loss 3 games in a row, to help the Lakers go on a 8-1 run to make the playoffs. Knocking Utah and Dallas out of the playoff last year.
Ear Clark dont have 3/4 of World Peace talent/skills/and postseason experience.

Broadway

All Star
Spurs n Knicks are like Lexus to a Buick .. Spurs has a plan, system, and decent playingtime.
The Knicks on the other hand has no plan, no system, and no decent playingtime.
The only thing Shannon Brown has familiar with the Knicks are playing with a Ball-Hogger Kobe.
The Spurs HOF headcoach Pop system is all about ball-movement, player-movement, and Pop dont like Ball-Hoggers on his team.

Meta World Peace has a career of 14 straight years of never being injury-prone.
Last year World Peace got injured in midseason was supose to be out for 4 weeks, Meta came back after the Lakers loss 3 games in a row, to help the Lakers go on a 8-1 run to make the playoffs. Knocking Utah and Dallas out of the playoff last year.
Ear Clark dont have 3/4 of World Peace talent/skills/and postseason experience.

Actually Earl Clark had a bigger impact on the Lakers season last year than Metta. Clark stepped in for an injured Jordan Hill and Pau Gasol allowing them to make due until they got somewhat healthy. I watched plenty of Laker games last year, I know what Clark can bring.

You're a bit off here, Metta's washed up bro...face the facts. I know we at times look at stars for what they once were but that's no longer the case for Ron. As far as Shannon goes, he can't be anymore Abysmal than what Shumpert has been this year.

Do we need a point guard still... of course! I would liked to have unturned every stone to bring 1 in with 1 of those spots, but there really weren't many options out there.

Last edited: