Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: at what point does melo get any blame for this season bc he deserves some

Veteran

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    Looking at this season shows me how great he played last season to get that team to 54 wins and a quarter away from game 7 with Indy.

If I were Melo I would be ready to get the hell outta NY and not look back come the summer personally if he wants any chance at winning.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

NO NO NO .. u got it all WRONG.

It was HOF Jason Kidd (9 minute) decision-making in all of lastseason 4th quarters.
    Jason Kidd (decision-making) were our 4th qtr. SAVIOR in 82 games.
    Plus it was the DYNAMIC duo of tandem "Kidd & Kenyon Martin" Winning 16 games of the final 18 regular season games.
    Take away 10 day contract Kenyon Martin 16 wins from 54 wins, and u have a struggling 38 win team on a 4 game losing streak with Tyson & Melo out with injuries.

The NY Press/Media didnt write or mention anything about Kidd or K-Mart lastseason, they made it all about Melo/JR scoring. They never mention Knicks oponents always kept a defender very close to Novak, which stopped all the double-teams on Melo/JR.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    This isn't on Melo. This team is in shambles. Melo is an exceptional player, but he doesn't have what someone such as Kidd has. There's no good reason why Woodson should have even lasted a month this season.
    What! u dont think Melo had the power to get Woodson FIRED when our record was 9-21?
    30 games into the season with a 4-12 HOME record. Com'on

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    What! u dont think Melo had the power to get Woodson FIRED when our record was 9-21?
    30 games into the season with a 4-12 HOME record. Com'on
    D'Antoni lasted a long enough time before Melo when he should have been fired. He might have the power to get Woodson fired, but it doesn't mean he would. Melo might not be the bad person you think he is.

Not that I'm saying that would make him bad...

NO NO NO .. u got it all WRONG.

It was HOF Jason Kidd (9 minute) decision-making in all of lastseason 4th quarters.
    Jason Kidd (decision-making) were our 4th qtr. SAVIOR in 82 games.
    Plus it was the DYNAMIC duo of tandem "Kidd & Kenyon Martin" Winning 16 games of the final 18 regular season games.
    Take away 10 day contract Kenyon Martin 16 wins from 54 wins, and u have a struggling 38 win team on a 4 game losing streak with Tyson & Melo out with injuries.

The NY Press/Media didnt write or mention anything about Kidd or K-Mart lastseason, they made it all about Melo/JR scoring. They never mention Knicks oponents always kept a defender very close to Novak, which stopped all the double-teams on Melo/JR.
    Yeah no question Kidd's veteran leadership in 4th quarters last year was huge, as was K-Marts presence late in the season. In fact I remember Kidd getting plenty of credit from the media and players like Kidd saying that K-Mart "saved their season" with his play, especially since Tyson was injured for a good portion of the year towards the end, battling the neck/back injury.

But make no mistake about it, Melo carried the majority of production for that team and without him the Knicks wouldn't of had a shot at winning a single playoff game (possibly miss the playoffs all together), never mind winning a series and getting within a quarter of forcing a top tier team like Indiana to a game 7.

That streak where Melo went on that tear, scoring and leading to the longest winning streak in franchise history since the early 90s Knicks and beating quality teams like OKC on the road, etc.

The Knicks suck this year, but it's not cause of Melo. The opinion that Melo has been playing the best basketball of his career the past season and a half is pretty much shared unanimously by NBA analysts, and I share that opinion as well. It's a shame we have such an incompetent owner and management that basically gives away first round picks like spare change and has no clue how to build a team around Melo, which all but guarantees this team will suck until the day it's sold to someone else.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Veteran

I should put together a post of how this forums Knicks fans turned into Melo-Fans, then into invisible-fans in KO forum.
    Melo's 40 pts cant win a game this season .. 21-38 = big let down

Superstar

I should put together a post of how this forums Knicks fans turned into Melo-Fans, then into invisible-fans in KO forum.
    Melo's 40 pts cant win a game this season .. 21-38 = big let down
    I bet many Melo Malitia didn't know that of the 60gms the Knicks have played this year, Melo has shot below 40% in 20 of them(actually if I miscounted it may be 19). When I say below 40% I'm talking 37-30%(majority) range.

NOT GUILTY!
    Last edited by 3G4G; Mar 03, 2014 at 09:57.