Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

Veteran

Great hire!!! Get'r dun!!!! Happy days

I don't have any idea how Phil will do. I do know being a Buss family member, i'm sure he has a good feel for what GM';s do....Honestly, it will be a improvement imo over most GM's we had over the years

Im excited. My biggest question is if the knicks run the triangle or not. If they do I expect the 2015 FA to go entirely different than what people expect now. Instead of targeting Kevin love and/or Rondo. I expect the knicks to try to get Marc Gasol and Kwahi Leonard.

Thats a radical shift from trying to squeeze In to Max contracts and praying it works.

Also I expect Phil to get the best out of Melo these next few season.....

Veteran

If Phil Jax sign on to be the Knicks President of Operation the Knicks organization should give a Parade down 5th Avenue.

Veteran

Supposedly this is a done deal and they're just dotting the I's and crossing the T's but I don't know. Marv Alpert said it would be a bad move for Phil and if PJ asks Larry Brown I don't think he's going to have nice things to say about the Knicks. Other than Zeke I can't think of anyone who would tell Phil it's the job he should take.

Maybe Phil comes here just for the money and get's a 50M 5 year deal and he says what the hell, if the Knicks fire me in 2 years they still have to pay me 50M.

Yeah, its most likely a money thing for Phil but lets hope we're wrong....The other day he wanted to make sure Melo was staying on. So i guess the Knicks assured him he is, so he has a centerpiece to build with. The triangle may be coming to NYC....lol

We all respect PJ and know how good he is..... the real Question is, how Dolan and PJ will get along......

Veteran

Recall .... Phil Jax last contract with the Lakers were made up by Phil Jax agent, and signed by Lakers Buss.
    Will Dolan do the same????

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Yeah, its most likely a money thing for Phil but lets hope we're wrong....The other day he wanted to make sure Melo was staying on. So i guess the Knicks assured him he is, so he has a centerpiece to build with. The triangle may be coming to NYC....lol

I dont believe Phil Jax want a headache like Melo on the Knicks, its bad enough it looks like the Big Apple Media force Phil into this position just like the L.A. Lakers did .. Kobe Bryant has never been a postseason threat without Phil Jax as his coach.

Veteran

Short of a Knicks press conference announcing this all the media outlets are reporting PJ will be President of Basketball Operations for the NY Knicks.

Most of the media analyst's are skeptical about PJ coming here and making a difference, citing Zeke, Walsh, Brown and even Grunny.

My take is the Knicks have to do something and they can't draft players or sign players to fix things so they had to start with a new GM because Steve Mills and Houston weren't going to cut it. Phil Jackson might not be the answer but I like him more than the guys he's replacing and it doesn't matter what Dolan is paying him because he doesn't count against the cap.

Superstar

Default Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

Announced via NBATV within the last hour...Greg Anthony main source

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks have reached agreement on a deal to run the team's front office.

Jackson and the Knicks have been discussing a deal since the weekend.

Jackson has won 11 championships as an NBA head coach, but he has no previous experience as an executive.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by 3G4G; Mar 12, 2014 at 23:55.

Veteran

I know that this keeps getting reported, but there's something funny about how this whole thing is playing out. Still not going to believe it until there is a press conference or official word from Knicks and PHil Jackson.

Superstar

Originally Posted by htr10
    I know that this keeps getting reported, but there's something funny about how this whole thing is playing out. Still not going to believe it until there is a press conference or official word from Knicks and PHil Jackson.

There could have been reservations hoping maybe the Lakers would somehow get involved but looks like he's a Knick. Probably explains Kobe's and Magic's pleas today publicly and via twitter only to have fallen short.

Supposedly Wednesday is the press day.

You wouldn't believe how pumped I'm at this moment. Phil coming back to New York is huge. News of the season of you ask me. Let's only hope he'll be as good as a FO runner as he was as a coach.

Veteran

How about merging all these PJ threads. Makes it seem like the mods were picking on Metro for starting individual threads for what they saw as the same topic, seems to me all these PJ threads are exactly the same.

Damn shame losing Metrocard around here, he's gone and the place is a ghost town.