kris_humphries.png

raymond_felton.png
jerryd_bayless.png

iman_shumpert.png
rajon_rondo.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
Andrea Bargnani - Torn Ligament, Left Elbow (OUT)Vitor Faverani - Torn MCL, Left Knee (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Sore left ankle (OUT)Avery Bradley - Sore Right Ankle (OUT)
Tyson Chandler - Personal Reasons (OUT)Gerald Wallace Left Knee - Left Ankle Arthroscopies (OUT)
Amar'e Stoudemire - Recovery day (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
96211565.jpg

March 12, 1972Jerry Lucas records his 21st consecutive double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds in 112-109 loss at Boston. Lucas? streak is the third longest in franchise history behind Walt Bellamy (44, 1965-66) and David Lee (24, 2009).

Recent meetings

January 28, 2014New York came out of the gates on fire as took a 15-0 run in the first quarter and rode it to a 114-88 victory over the Boston Celtics to extend its three-game winning streak at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 24 points, nine rebounds and four assists over 28 minutes. Tyson Chandler posted 12 points and 13 rebounds for his sixth double-double over 23 minutes. Chandler has recorded double-digit rebounds in five of his last six games. Jeremy Tyler recorded a career high 17 points on 7-9 shooting over 23 minutes. Tim Hardaway Jr. added 16 points and J.R. Smith 17 points both off the bench. Jeff Green paced the Boston Celtics with 14 points and seven rebounds over 27 minutes. Chris Johnson and Kris Humphries posted 12 points off the bench.
December 13, 2013Despite erasing from a 17-point first half deficit, New York couldn?t hold onto an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter as the Boston Celtics defeated the Knicks for the second time in a week, 90-86 at TD Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 26 points and four rebounds over 42 minutes. Andrea Bargnani recorded 22 points and a team high seven rebounds. Amar?e Stoudemire added 18 points off the bench. Boston was paced by Jared Sullinger?s 19 points and six rebounds over 31 minutes. Brandon Bass added 10 points and eight rebounds.

Got to try to keep rolling without either Chandler or Stat tonight while the details of the Phil Jackson hire continue to surface. This franchise sure doesn't seem to be acting like its making a desperate run for the 8th seed right now, but we need to keep this winning streak rolling if we're going to have any chance of catching Atlanta. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
If we were in tank mode I wouldn't mind if Aldrich and Tyler got minutes but we aren't we can still get that 8th seed. If Sullinger or Humphries go off for 15 RBs I'm not going to like Chandler not being there esp with no explanation as to why he's out.

I'd really like to see the Knicks trade him and get something in return for him, I don't see him being here after his contract is through.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Woodson have any plans on making the 8th seed .. he have to give Cole, Tyler, Clark, and Murry playingtime now

THEY WANT TO WIN!!!

tiger0330

Legend
8-0 Celtics run, they'll need all of the 20 pt lead. Lets hope the boys don't go cold. Clark and Cole have done a nice job.

tiger0330

Legend
Cole playing some game, who needs Chandler. Looks like we'll take sole possession of 9th place with Detroit losing to Toronto.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Knicks Win .. Cole starts get 12 pts, 10 rbs, 3 blk
Knicks on a 5 Game winning streak!!!!
Getting close to the 10-1 run (31-41 record)

18 minutes from tip-off Knicks took a 20 point lead.
Dont understand why Melo played 40 minutes this game (padding-stats) LOL

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hate rooting for that big donut Cole Aldrich as he is a Jayhawk but he I am cool as long as is doing it in a Knicks uni. New Melo jersey on the way $50 free shipping on NBAstore if anyone else is interested getting into PLAYOFF mode:)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Curious about his absence, they said he was out on personal reasons, I wonder if anything happened to him or his family. The postseason is near and his playoff experience - since it seems we finally decided to make a push for the 8th seed - could come in hand.
Glad to see Aldrich is getting minutes and puts up big numbers, he was barely used this season and he needs to gain some trust by April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Supposedly a death in his family but it's unusual that the reason he's out hasn't been leaked. Chandler is a semi-tough guy anyway, can't wait till his contract expires or we trade him.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Boston Cetricks team I watch lastnight wouldve lost to the Knicks by 10 or more points without Tyson/Amare/K-Mart/Barg/and Melo in the lineup. A star player getting dress to play against a TANKING (Lottery-ball) Boston team is a drag.

The Knicks rotation of players vs Boston shouldve consist of Murry/Prig/THJ/Shump/Brown/JR/Clark/Tyler/Cole