Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

petescud

Starter
Yeah, its most likely a money thing for Phil but lets hope we're wrong....The other day he wanted to make sure Melo was staying on. So i guess the Knicks assured him he is, so he has a centerpiece to build with. The triangle may be coming to NYC....lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Recall .... Phil Jax last contract with the Lakers were made up by Phil Jax agent, and signed by Lakers Buss.
Will Dolan do the same????

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, its most likely a money thing for Phil but lets hope we're wrong....The other day he wanted to make sure Melo was staying on. So i guess the Knicks assured him he is, so he has a centerpiece to build with. The triangle may be coming to NYC....lol

I dont believe Phil Jax want a headache like Melo on the Knicks, its bad enough it looks like the Big Apple Media force Phil into this position just like the L.A. Lakers did .. Kobe Bryant has never been a postseason threat without Phil Jax as his coach.

tiger0330

Legend
Short of a Knicks press conference announcing this all the media outlets are reporting PJ will be President of Basketball Operations for the NY Knicks.

Most of the media analyst's are skeptical about PJ coming here and making a difference, citing Zeke, Walsh, Brown and even Grunny.

My take is the Knicks have to do something and they can't draft players or sign players to fix things so they had to start with a new GM because Steve Mills and Houston weren't going to cut it. Phil Jackson might not be the answer but I like him more than the guys he's replacing and it doesn't matter what Dolan is paying him because he doesn't count against the cap.

Broadway

All Star
Last edited:
I know that this keeps getting reported, but there's something funny about how this whole thing is playing out. Still not going to believe it until there is a press conference or official word from Knicks and PHil Jackson.

Broadway

All Star
I know that this keeps getting reported, but there's something funny about how this whole thing is playing out. Still not going to believe it until there is a press conference or official word from Knicks and PHil Jackson.

There could have been reservations hoping maybe the Lakers would somehow get involved but looks like he's a Knick. Probably explains Kobe's and Magic's pleas today publicly and via twitter only to have fallen short.

Supposedly Wednesday is the press day.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
You wouldn't believe how pumped I'm at this moment. Phil coming back to New York is huge. News of the season of you ask me. Let's only hope he'll be as good as a FO runner as he was as a coach.
:gony:

tiger0330

Legend
How about merging all these PJ threads. Makes it seem like the mods were picking on Metro for starting individual threads for what they saw as the same topic, seems to me all these PJ threads are exactly the same.

Damn shame losing Metrocard around here, he's gone and the place is a ghost town.

Broadway

All Star
How about merging all these PJ threads. Makes it seem like the mods were picking on Metro for starting individual threads for what they saw as the same topic, seems to me all these PJ threads are exactly the same.

Damn shame losing Metrocard around here, he's gone and the place is a ghost town.

I don't mind a thread merge at all. Although this was created with stronger affirmation with Video link discussing it at length.

You'd have a point if say for months and months and months a myriad of Phil Jackson threads were being created but this is still very fresh and brand new. Not stale like all those over redundant Melo threads created namely by those trying to absolve blame and exclusively glorify and laud him.

No need to get all Metrosexual on us Tig. He dropped a link where he would continue posting via the web about this team(actually about MELO). How about finding the link and join him in discussions if you haven't done so already since you miss him dearly.

Mods do what you want.... I won't lash out at you in rage Metro style either if the thread is merged

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
No need to get all Metrosexual on us Tig. He dropped a link where he would continue posting via the web about this team(actually about MELO). How about finding the link and join him in discussions if you haven't done so already since you miss him dearly.
Thanks for the suggestion. That site seems to be more lively and has more activity, 5 pages in yesterday's game thread instead of 1 here. I'll probably join that site and stop posting here.

Kiyaman

Legend

Metro will b back, especially if Phil Jax takes the job, and Jax agree to give Melo a extension (which I doubt).

The Phil Jax news has been more important (exciting) than any Knicks news this season.
The Knicks has been playing so bad that Knicks forums are letting any NEWS of "Phil Jax the Knicks Savior" be posted untill the Knicks & Jax deal is sealed.

I wonder how the Dantoni's Tanking Lakers (Jim/Jean Buss & Magic/Kobe) feel about Phil Jax joining the Knicks?
I hope the hiring of HC Brown/Dantoni was not fiance Jeanie idea to daddy, or the Kobe extension?

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't mind a thread merge at all. Although this was created with stronger affirmation with Video link discussing it at length.

You'd have a point if say for months and months and months a myriad of Phil Jackson threads were being created but this is still very fresh and brand new. Not stale like all those over redundant Melo threads created namely by those trying to absolve blame and exclusively glorify and laud him.

Mods do what you want.... I won't lash out at you in rage Metro style either if the thread is merged

u need to stop doggin the guy that took the time to read all ur post, plus respond to them.
I miss what Metro brang to KO .. Metro & Crazy-8 kept KO Forum flowing with all types of knowledge.
It's just to bad the two didnt notice their good-cop vs bad-cop creativiteness had (past-tense) made the KO forum invaluable.

Broadway

All Star
u need to stop doggin the guy that took the time to read all ur post, plus respond to them.
I miss what Metro brang to KO .. Metro & Crazy-8 kept KO Forum flowing with all types of knowledge.
It's just to bad the two didnt notice their good-cop vs bad-cop creativiteness had (past-tense) made the KO forum invaluable.

Crazy8 I think is on RealGM posting his videos and whatnot. I appreciated Metro's conversation and knowledge... I didn't appreciate how he tried to dictate what should be talked about and how he tried to create a double standard or tried to change the rules of who should and shouldn't have liberties on subject matter/content.

He was also notorious for suggesting to other posters placing them on ignore if they didn't agree with his opinions. I mean come on that's childish and ridiculous.

Everyone is free to post anything they want, this isn't a popularity contest that dictates when anyone should show their face on this forum.

The team is playing somewhat better(sans schedule) therefore we should be talking up a storm about the team right? We're winning

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Crazy8 I think is on RealGM posting his videos and whatnot. I appreciated Metro's conversation and knowledge... I didn't appreciate how he tried to dictate what should be talked about and how he tried to create a double standard or tried to change the rules of who should and shouldn't have liberties on subject matter/content.

He was also notorious for suggesting to other posters placing them on ignore if they didn't agree with his opinions. I mean come on that's childish and ridiculous.

Everyone is free to post anything they want, this isn't a popularity contest that dictates when anyone should show their face on this forum.

The team is playing somewhat better(sans schedule) therefore we should be talking up a storm about the team right? We're winning

kiya and 3g killed this forum. your sheer melo hate(uncalled for albeit) is a turn off for vet posters to look at. there is only like 4 people posting and im telling you 2 its because of you 2.

Broadway

All Star
kiya and 3g killed this forum. your sheer melo hate(uncalled for albeit) is a turn off for vet posters to look at. there is only like 4 people posting and im telling you 2 its because of you 2.

Actually I very rarely saw as many converse(past few months) with Metro.....instead he went around on his crusade trying to flame out sloper/ky/myself because we had a differing opinion. Oh and I tried to talk about many different subjects and have thread starters to back them up.

It wasn't until he got his repetitive subject matter merged by a respectable mod did many come out from behind the walls like roaches trying to mob up.

No 1 poster should dictate your support of this forum, otherwise it shows you're not really a fan of the TEAM but more so of personalities.

Like I said in my previous post any of you have the freedom to talk about THE KNICKS, nothing is holding you back unless all you want to talk about is 1 singular subject matter(which even then no one is held back).

If everyone shared the same opinion it would be even more boring. Forums aren't for any closed group or any 1 individual, they're for everyone. Learn how to adapt when fan climate changes. For crying out loud this team is 14-15gms under .500 and had been under .500 all year..... there's enough blame to go around for everyone involved with this organization.

CoolClyde

i'm the merging mod, the model merger, the melo masher, the one who chased Metro away with an attempt at straightening things out. As I've admitted, the merge did not accomplish what I'd hoped, but when I asked the forum if there were any particular Melo threads they'd like to be reinstated, there were no responses.

As the Phil Jackson hire is relatively new, I think we should leave the threads as they are for now, and eventually merge them, just to have poster's opinions ring in and threads be created as the news fleshes out, unless there is a general consensus on merging, or Rady feels the need to merge.

fyi, Metro has moved to the following location: Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Crazy 8's site: http://obglobal.net

personally, i'm a huge Phil fan from back in the championship days, so whatever he brings to this organization is a step in the right direction.

Actually I very rarely saw as many converse(past few months) with Metro.....instead he went around on his crusade trying to flame out sloper/ky/myself because we had a differing opinion. Oh and I tried to talk about many different subjects and have thread starters to back them up.

It wasn't until he got his repetitive subject matter merged by a respectable mod did many come out from behind the walls like roaches trying to mob up.

No 1 poster should dictate your support of this forum, otherwise it shows you're not really a fan of the TEAM but more so of personalities.

Like I said in my previous post any of you have the freedom to talk about THE KNICKS, nothing is holding you back unless all you want to talk about is 1 singular subject matter(which even then no one is held back).

If everyone shared the same opinion it would be even more boring. Forums aren't for any closed group or any 1 individual, they're for everyone. Learn how to adapt when fan climate changes. For crying out loud this team is 14-15gms under .500 and had been under .500 all year..... there's enough blame to go around for everyone involved with this organization.

Agreed, I completely stopped coming onto the website to evenread the posts after a while, not because I ran from some argument with Metro,but because all I saw was Metro and Kiya one post after another shunning themasses based on disagreements and lack of respect for others opinions; they couldn?tsee the forest through the trees, that this was a forum and the word ?forum?means open discussion, not dictated discussion. I don?t know if it was boredomor sheer ego, but I got tired of it completely, I only signed on today to seewhat phil Jackson convos were going on, and of course half way through a newsthread comes the debate of kiya and metro and their attempt to plant a stakeinto the heart of knicksonline ( once the premier most favorite knicks websiteof mine and many others, not a boneyard of relics that cant get through onepage of a thread with out turning into a pissing contest between cyber bullies)ill go right back to obglobal.net as Its obvious this site will never getbetter.

And im a veteran saying this so please take heed.