Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

Superstar

I believe that Dolan's main problem has been his willingness to listen to the wrong "experts." It is certainly not in his interest to have a bad team. He has always been willing to spend money, but the money or other assets have not been spent wisely. Dolan appears both to have and to respect loyalty. This characteristic tends to breed management personnel eager to please Dolan and who wish to endorse what appear to satisfy him. He has hired and has listened to incompetent "yes" men who prefer to please rather than advise. Jackson will be different.

Veteran

I hope the Melo-Haters took particular note of Phil's comments on Melo....You clowns have been arguing with anyone who would listen(which most everyone on this board stopped listening) about how badly Melo sucks....Hopefully the ZenMaster set y'all straight. I will not attempt to paraphrase or highlight any points as it will be spun in the wrong direction as has been chronicled here before....Just replay the tape several times as the ZenMaster said it best on Chief

fyi, i merged the Phil threads. if anyone wants to freak out and leave the forum, please do so at your convenience.

let's hope the 4Q substitution antics of the Philly game and yesterday's 2nd half breakdown against Kyrie-less Cavs show Phil what a potato head coach the knicks have, and convince the new prez to start considering a new coach, which i'm sure he has already...

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    fyi, i merged the Phil threads. if anyone wants to freak out and leave the forum, please do so at your convenience.

let's hope the 4Q substitution antics of the Philly game and yesterday's 2nd half breakdown against Kyrie-less Cavs show Phil what a potato head coach the knicks have, and convince the new prez to start considering a new coach, which i'm sure he has already...
    "But I know what a triangle is. I'm not biased against shapes, I don't need no circles, I love triangles. TRIANGLES ARE MY FAVORITE, my bed is a triangle, LISTEN TO ME!!! HEllo? HELooo??"

- Mike Woodson

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I hope the Melo-Haters took particular note of Phil's comments on Melo....You clowns have been arguing with anyone who would listen(which most everyone on this board stopped listening) about how badly Melo sucks....Hopefully the ZenMaster set y'all straight. I will not attempt to paraphrase or highlight any points as it will be spun in the wrong direction as has been chronicled here before....Just replay the tape several times as the ZenMaster said it best on Chief

I think Phil said what we all said.....He said Melo has the ability to take his game to the NEXT level......Melo has also said he is willing to change his game to do what it takes to get to that level....

The only disagreement was that some on the board beleived he was already at that level and other thought he was not.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think Phil said what we all said.....He said Melo has the ability to take his game to the NEXT level......Melo has also said he is willing to change his game to do what it takes to get to that level....

The only disagreement was that some on the board beleived he was already at that level and other thought he was not.
    Thats the best way to put it .. along with Puppet-Woodson following Carmelo lead.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I believe that Dolan's main problem has been his willingness to listen to the wrong "experts." It is certainly not in his interest to have a bad team. He has always been willing to spend money, but the money or other assets have not been spent wisely. Dolan appears both to have and to respect loyalty. This characteristic tends to breed management personnel eager to please Dolan and who wish to endorse what appear to satisfy him. He has hired and has listened to incompetent "yes" men who prefer to please rather than advise. Jackson will be different.
    I agree Jackson will be different, very impressed with that Dolan interview during the Indy game where he said when he met PJ it wasn't with the intention of hiring him as President of the Knicks but Jackson was the smartest and most knowledgable guy that he had ever spoken to about the game of basketball and that convinced him to hire him. If PJ is not the right guy to bring a winner to NY with all the championships he's won there is no hope for the Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    All of the Knicks GM robbed Dolan big time by selling Knicks "Draft Picks" .. the value of selling a future draft-pick could help a GM by getting rid of a teammate the team dont want, plus take on a more expensive contract player from the next team, which make the next team so happy from receiving a draft pick, plus getting rid of a expensive contract.
    Com'on .. the next team will give the GM a gift under the table...

Veteran

Well and that "level" wasn't very good and was actually detrimental to the team somehow

Superstar

He hasn't come close to being at that level. He needs to be mitigated a la 2008-2009 Billups style.....unless that happens expect more and more embarrassing performing moments from a Melo led team.