Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Talent Of Team Being Questioned!!!!!

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    If you listen to Phil Jackson he said Melo needs to be a leader off the court, in the locker room........seems like Phil is Kiya.............One does question even when we are down by 30 why Melo sees 40 minutes......
    Playing for season ...........
    stats stats stats stats stats

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I don't remember that from the presser; I do remember Phil saying he believes Melo has another level...If Phil was Kiya he would have already traded Melo for a box of ROCKS
    The offseason is coming, u need to hope the CAA provide Melo with a great representer to stay a Knicks

  3. #33
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i don't think this team is crafted all that badly, as evidence by winning streaks when JR and Shumpert actually contribute. It's the little things, like not calling a timeout that leads to a loss, or putting in your entire 2nd squad that almosts costs the team the victory, or playing the same damn players all the time when they cannot play defense to save their fat ass... and not playing guys like Beno, MWP, Tour'e, Ostridge, Tyler, when they could have contributed, instead instilling lost confidence in their abilities. like not having set plays, instead leaving the game in the hands of iso-Melo, when his statistics for 4Q shooting and game-winning shots are league worst. i used to be a major supporter of coach Wood, but I lost confidence in his abilities to coach seeing how he handled players, substitutions and game-ending situations, and those are all on the coach. Felton, JR, Shumpert, 3 players who could do no wrong under coach's tutelage, whose poor play have cost the Knicks most of their losses, get more run than most players of similar output in the entire league, who should be role players coming off the bench. these are the things i blame on the coach. Accountability, which was Wood Son's calling card when he came into the HC role, has disappeared this season. his fault.
    Woodson has been terrible for that very reason....NO ACCOUNTABILITY and the few times he tried, he henpecked which players to do this to.

    But no question the players in particular, those so-called leaders of this team failed miserably... made playoffs included. You don't play for 8th seeds with a capped out roster and no assets in the fold for the future. No one agreed with any critic prior to season's begin who had us pegged lower than a 5th seed. The expectations lowered so greatly this season now we're crowning this team if they snag the HateSeed.

    I think what has contributed to some fan tension and dissension when we try to split the pie chart of blame, when everyone is at fault...EVERYONE!!!!
    Last edited by 3G4G; Apr 08, 2014 at 12:25.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Woodson has been terrible for that very reason....NO ACCOUNTABILITY and the few times he tried to he henpecked which players to do this to.

    But no question the players in particular those so-called leaders of this team failed miserably made playoffs included. You don't play for 8th seeds with a capped out roster and no assets in the fold for the future. No one agreed with any critic prior to season's begin who had us pegged lower than a 5th seed. The expectations lowered so greatly this season now we're crowning this team if they snag the HateSeed.

    I think what has contributed to some fan tension and dissension when we try to split the pie chart of blame, when everyone is at fault...EVERYONE!!!!

    I guess Beno, MWP, and Kenyon Martin seen this coming, and wanted no part of it.

    It wasn't a BAD season ..when its cause/effect added Phil Jax to take the future of the "Knicks Team" out of James Dolan's hands.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It wasn't a BAD season ..when its cause/effect added Phil Jax to take the future of the "Knicks Team" out of James Dolan's hands.
    That puts things into perspective...

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    A season without any team chemistry on offense/defense (33 win season).
    A season without the players and coaches being on the same-page.
    A season so embarrassing the fans protest the owner, to the point the NBA brass had to hire the Wizard of B.ball as president.
    A season of individual (isolation) b.ball, where either ISO-Melo or ISO-JR were on the court throughout every 48 minute lineup controlling the offense.

  7. #37
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Wow this site has changed since i last been here

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The majority of (playoff teams and non playoff teams) for their final 5 games has been giving 10 players 20 minutes of playing-time in each of the final 5 games of the regular season. WHY?

    Last night, our coach Woodson who been eliminated from making the playoffs on Friday only gave 9 players playing-time in sunday game with only 7 Knicks players receiving 20+ minutes of playing-time. Is there something wrong with this type of coaching with 3 games remaining in a no playoff season?
    This type of coaching are for small-market teams who have to use 8 or less players in their rotation to win, bc half of the roster are quality NBA players, and the other half of the roster are develop cheap players from the D.League.


    At the beginning of the Knicks 2013-14 season, I was worried about how Woodson was goin to give 12 players equal playingtime throughout the season??? Woodson Failed!

    All 12 names (on bottom) expected decent playing-time in 20 games of our first 25 games to start the season, expecting to be rotated in different lineups to get on the same-page at the start of the season. It never happen.
    We started the season with 11 experience vets expecting vets minutes in a vets lineup to GELL in a same-page system. Our new vets did not expect to be a part of Woodson's spot-minute program, playing in every other-other game.

    1) Tyson
    2) Amare
    3) K-Mart (resign)
    4) Barg (pickup)
    5) Melo
    6) MWP (pickup)
    7) JR (resign)
    8) Shump
    9) Prig (resign)
    10) Beno (pickup)
    11) Felton
    12) Rookie THJ, or Cole, or T.Murry

    Woodson -8 man rotation throughout the 2013-14 season with Melo or JR in every lineup in each game lead to a 35 win season.

    Who at the start of the season was expecting to see a so-call defensive-coach Woodson put in a GELLIN defensive-lineup of "Tyson/K-Mart/MWP/Shump/Prig" on the court in all our crunchtime game this season for the WIN???
    I wanted to see all 5 of the Knicks best defensive-players in a lineup this season, it never happen...

  9. #39
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The majority of (playoff teams and non playoff teams) for their final 5 games has been giving 10 players 20 minutes of playing-time in each of the final 5 games of the regular season. WHY?

    Last night, our coach Woodson who been eliminated from making the playoffs on Friday only gave 9 players playing-time in sunday game with only 7 Knicks players receiving 20+ minutes of playing-time. Is there something wrong with this type of coaching with 3 games remaining in a no playoff season?
    This type of coaching are for small-market teams who have to use 8 or less players in their rotation to win, bc half of the roster are quality NBA players, and the other half of the roster are develop cheap players from the D.League.


    At the beginning of the Knicks 2013-14 season, I was worried about how Woodson was goin to give 12 players equal playingtime throughout the season??? Woodson Failed!

    All 12 names (on bottom) expected decent playing-time in 20 games of our first 25 games to start the season, expecting to be rotated in different lineups to get on the same-page at the start of the season. It never happen.
    We started the season with 11 experience vets expecting vets minutes in a vets lineup to GELL in a same-page system. Our new vets did not expect to be a part of Woodson's spot-minute program, playing in every other-other game.

    1) Tyson
    2) Amare
    3) K-Mart (resign)
    4) Barg (pickup)
    5) Melo
    6) MWP (pickup)
    7) JR (resign)
    8) Shump
    9) Prig (resign)
    10) Beno (pickup)
    11) Felton
    12) Rookie THJ, or Cole, or T.Murry

    Woodson -8 man rotation throughout the 2013-14 season with Melo or JR in every lineup in each game lead to a 35 win season.

    Who at the start of the season was expecting to see a so-call defensive-coach Woodson put in a GELLIN defensive-lineup of "Tyson/K-Mart/MWP/Shump/Prig" on the court in all our crunchtime game this season for the WIN???
    I wanted to see all 5 of the Knicks best defensive-players in a lineup this season, it never happen...
    Woodson, man. Can't blame him entirely, but his bad decisions were painfully obvious. There's absolutely no good reason why the Knicks didn't make the Playoffs. In fact they should have been at least fighting for the 6th seed.

    We don't know all the "puppet" and "biased" stuff, but we do however know, that this team was not coached the way it was supposed to. I don't claim to be a basketball expert, it's just common sense.

Similar Threads

  1. When I Said Pelicans Have Better Talent
    By 3G4G in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2013, 11:18
  2. Lin named to team USA select team
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 18, 2012, 10:35
  3. Lets compare the Core of talent of teams w/ Cap Space
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2010, 22:38
  4. Isiah the talent scout?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 19:38
  5. Randolphs hidden talent
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2007, 17:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •