Do you think Phil would try to go after Rubio? Do you think Phil might coach?

Kiyaman

Legend
lol I read they want to sign him for the few remaining games left this season so he might be used as a trade chip in the off-season. That might make sense if he could still play but he's done imo. Nobody wants Odom, I don't think PJ wants to make that his first player move as the new president of the Knicks.

Phil Jax want a veteran Point-Forward Lamar Odom at the Knicks practice facility throughout the offseason to teach ball-movement to give the (isolation/individual performance) Knicks a passing-game.
Signing Odom veteran skills as a point-forward to workout with Shump and THJ over the offseason will improve both players SG skills tremendously.

I'm hoping Phil Jax do sign a clean Lamar Odom for our offseason practice facility .. players Jeremy Tyler, Tour'e Murry, THJ, and Shump skills will advance.

tiger0330

Legend
lol I read they want to sign him for the few remaining games left this season so he might be used as a trade chip in the off-season. That might make sense if he could still play but he's done imo. Nobody wants Odom, I don't think PJ wants to make that his first player move as the new president of the Knicks.
Looks like they're going to sign Odom but not to trade him this off-season. Going to use the summer to get him into shape and get him ready for next season. Next season's salary won't be guaranteed so it's a no risk deal if he gets cut in training camp.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
At this point just about any pg would be a step up from Felton. I'd like to see Rubio or perhaps more likely, Rondo as the pg. Getting a top point guard should be top priority for the Knicks. But I'll go a step further and make a statement that most of you may disagree with. I don't think firing the coach is a real solution at this point. The success of last year was largely due to the presence of Kid, Wallace and Thomas. Taking these guys away took away our locker room stability. Add to that JR Smith did not play like a sixth man at all.

Knicks fans have some serious short term memory loss. Everyone begged and pleaded for D'Antoni to go and for Woodson to take over. Woodson got us 54 wins and brought us to the second round playoff. A year later everyone is calling for his head. Knicks will never win if they keep changing coaches.

Once this team gets to an elite level of contending within the conference than you can make a very strong argument to bring in a coach that can take the team to the next level. You're fooling yourself if you think another coach is the answer for this existing personnel.

In my view, Shumpert, JR and Hardaway are all second unit players. Imagine how strong this team would be with them coming off the beach backing up seasoned vets that can score and play a little D.

Kiyaman

Legend
Looks like they're going to sign Odom but not to trade him this off-season. Going to use the summer to get him into shape and get him ready for next season. Next season's salary won't be guaranteed so it's a no risk deal if he gets cut in training camp.

Lamar Odom & Derrik Fisher team-leadership of the "Tri-Angle" were the two-players that enable Phil Jax to take the Lakers to 3 consecutive FINALS, and win two of those FINALS.
Kobe Bryant has always been a high scoring BALL-HOGGER, without Phil Jax and Company Kobe high scoring has never been a threat in the playoffs .. Has Melo ever been a threat in the playoffs? NO! Maybe thats why Dolan hired Phil Jax........

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
At this point just about any pg would be a step up from Felton. I'd like to see Rubio or perhaps more likely, Rondo as the pg. Getting a top point guard should be top priority for the Knicks. But I'll go a step further and make a statement that most of you may disagree with. I don't think firing the coach is a real solution at this point. The success of last year was largely due to the presence of Kid, Wallace and Thomas. Taking these guys away took away our locker room stability. Add to that JR Smith did not play like a sixth man at all.

Knicks fans have some serious short term memory loss. Everyone begged and pleaded for D'Antoni to go and for Woodson to take over. Woodson got us 54 wins and brought us to the second round playoff. A year later everyone is calling for his head. Knicks will never win if they keep changing coaches.

Once this team gets to an elite level of contending within the conference than you can make a very strong argument to bring in a coach that can take the team to the next level. You're fooling yourself if you think another coach is the answer for this existing personnel.

In my view, Shumpert, JR and Hardaway are all second unit players. Imagine how strong this team would be with them coming off the beach backing up seasoned vets that can score and play a little D.
I didn't and still don't like the way he coached last season a lot of the time. His handling of Copeland was bad. This season, those vets on the team or not, his bias towards Smith, minutes management, etc. cost this team a lot. There is NO good reason this team didn't make the Playoffs. I don't want a coach that's gonna let his favorite players do whatever the hell they want.