Do you think the Knicks will make the playoffs this season?

Will the Knicks make the playoffs this season?

• **** Yeah

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Hell No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
If we do get that 8th spot I hope Pacers get the number 1 spot. They're a mess right now and we owe them from last year. Miami would run us out the building.

Definitely want Indiana. Knicks get Miami on Sunday while Indiana gets Atlanta, so that will be a huge day for both a chance to get the 8th seed and hopefully get to play Indiana if we do get in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
as of right now we hold the 8th spot, bulls beat atlanta tonight and we smushed Brokelynn

There's no HooRays about the Knicks becoming a 8th seed team with a 33-43 record (10 games behind .500).
The Knicks becoming a 8th seed team .. on the strength of a .500 Atlanta Hawks team who decided late in midseason to TANK for the 9th to 12th draft pick in June., by losing 7 of their last 8 games to help the embarrassing Knicks get to the 8th seed.
If we had a 2014 draft pick .. the wise shoes would be on our foot ..........
If u were the Atlanta Hawks sitting at the 4th to 6th seed all season, and a few injuries put u at the 7th or 8th seed would u tank the season to get the 10th pick in June draft???

petescud

Starter
I'm not a fan of tanking....i could care less if i got the 10th or 13th pick, as i don't see why you would be a loser so to speak to move up 3 slots...Now if your tanking cause you know there's a LBJ, and you currently hold the 4th pick and want to move up....I could understand that, but as Jerry West said "this draft is weak"

skisloper

Starter
There's no HooRays about the Knicks becoming a 8th seed team with a 33-43 record (10 games behind .500).
The Knicks becoming a 8th seed team .. on the strength of a .500 Atlanta Hawks team who decided late in midseason to TANK for the 9th to 12th draft pick in June., by losing 7 of their last 8 games to help the embarrassing Knicks get to the 8th seed.
If we had a 2014 draft pick .. the wise shoes would be on our foot ..........
If u were the Atlanta Hawks sitting at the 4th to 6th seed all season, and a few injuries put u at the 7th or 8th seed would u tank the season to get the 10th pick in June draft???

Like I said.....If we make the 8th seed I say fire Woody and Let Phil Jackson coach the playoffs.....Just sickening when we do make the playoffs and Woody talks about it as a good thing ........Kind of like when Isiah spoke about how the Knicks as a franchise are worth the most.......

I would rather make the playoffs then not so we hopefully keep denver away from a top 10 pick.....

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks go 3-3 over the next 6 and ATL goes 4-4 over their next 8, the 2 teams will have identical records but ATL will be in based on the tiebreakers. I hope ATL is taking Ferry seriously in saying it's not a priority to make the playoffs we could use their help. We have more to play for than them, we don't want to give DEN a lottery pick.

jimkcchief88

All Star
PJ Carlesimo at the half"Melo is having a great season, but the Knicks are dangerous when Melo has some HELP":) Hello Melo haters!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NBA_Finals
Just to remind those who are too young or have forgotten. I remember I was out to eat with my family when Allen Houston hit "the shot" against the hated Miami Heat.

That was the shot that got Allan Houston a $100M contract ....
Miami Heat was suppose to get the RINGS that season.

The trio-guards of "Childs/Houston/Spree" were the best trio-guard unit in the NBA that season ..
Why the Knicks traded PG-Childs in the offseason?
Why the Knicks didnt select Ron Artest in the draft?
Why the Knicks over-paid Allan Houston in the offseason?
Why the Knicks hired a Utah farm-boy to be President of the big-city Knicks?
Why the Knicks traded Ewing at the end of the offseason?
The Knicks biggest why why why offseason that lead the Knicks to be a decade LOSER team.
Dolan shouldve never FIRED GM Ernie Grunfield over HC JVG.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That was the shot that got Allan Houston a $100M contract ....
Miami Heat was suppose to get the RINGS that season.

The trio-guards of "Childs/Houston/Spree" were the best trio-guard unit in the NBA that season ..
Why the Knicks traded PG-Childs in the offseason?
Why the Knicks didnt select Ron Artest in the draft?
Why the Knicks over-paid Allan Houston in the offseason?
Why the Knicks hired a Utah farm-boy to be President of the big-city Knicks?
Why the Knicks traded Ewing at the end of the offseason?
The Knicks biggest why why why offseason that lead the Knicks to be a decade LOSER team.
Dolan shouldve never FIRED GM Ernie Grunfield over HC JVG.
+1 I agree with this entire post...Weiss over Artest??? Um um um:(

Broadway

All Star
Watch ATL lose to Boston and Detroit and give the Knicks some hope before Friday's game.

We're more likely to lose against Chicago and Raptors than the above scenario as we haven't beat the Raptors this season scoffing at trading for Kyle Lowry(boy did that backfire on us) and Chicago has pretty much owned us for the past 3yrs. I think we've only beaten them 2 times in the past 3 seasons and both teams are at the top of their games.

I can see us mailing that game in come Friday with exception to maybe J.R. continuing his hot stretch.

petescud

Starter
Well once we're eliminated Phil should have Woody play the D Leaguers as much as possible to see if any are worth keeping for next season

Broadway

All Star
Well once we're eliminated Phil should have Woody play the D Leaguers as much as possible to see if any are worth keeping for next season

This is a process that should have started like after the first 40gms. We should have quietly brought Phil on as an advisor/scout back when they first touched down. Then hired him in the summer to have the position that he has now. You don't wait until 3-4gms left of a season or 20 for the matter who are playing under "Fear Factor and/or Small Sample Size" to evaluate.

We effed up the last time doing this when we hired Donnie Walsh almost around the same time to eval. He didn't quite have a good feel under such a small sample of games. So what did he do during the off-season he wanted to bring everyone back and give them a clean slate.

What would Murray, Aldrich, Tyler show last 3gms that would tilt the scales in their favor of keeping them? I think we already know what we have in them and where their place is, if at all on this team. Had we done what I suggested, we could have already started our model of player profiling. Combing the league nationally and abroad.... therefore giving ourselves a leg up in the off-season where we very well may have to do likewise to fill out this team. Of course we do everything in bassackwards fashon causing a trickle down setback as time goes by.

If we really wanted to make the playoffs, we should have made the trades to do so....knowing Phil was coming aboard and let him figure out how to tweak things in the off-season.

If rumored reports are true Phil was somewhat advising the team this season(as alluded to his type of role before official hire) and he was behind rebuffing some of these trades primarily because of his affinity with Shumpert and concern over pick, then I'm officially uncontrollable shaky nervous in confidence Phil will turn this around. When looking at the Kyle Lowry trade the pick they wanted wasn't until 2018.....ummmm that pick was totally inconsequential with our desire to be very relevant well before that time. We could have made other trades too, like Beno for Jordan Hamilton(who is just as good as any other young talent we have on our team). So where was Phil on this eff up....or the Faried rumors or the Andre Miller rumors...so Phil was MIA on those but counseled heavily on the Raptor and Clippers/OKC deals?

You see from what I posted.... even with Phil here we have so many issues and hurdles to clear it's not funny.

tiger0330

Legend
We're more likely to lose against Chicago and Raptors than the above scenario as we haven't beat the Raptors this season scoffing at trading for Kyle Lowry(boy did that backfire on us) and Chicago has pretty much owned us for the past 3yrs. I think we've only beaten them 2 times in the past 3 seasons and both teams are at the top of their games.

I can see us mailing that game in come Friday with exception to maybe J.R. continuing his hot stretch.
ESPN had it right. Gave the Knicks a 7% chance to make the playoffs, ATL 88% based on their remaining schedules. Any combination of Knicks losses and ATL wins = to 3 and ATL is in, seems hopeless for the Knicks to make it.

I thought Woody would be fired regardless of whether he made the playoffs or not but it makes it easier for PJ to go in a different direction than Woody if the boys don't make it. Not thrilled with the idea of Steve Kerr though.

Broadway

All Star
ESPN had it right. Gave the Knicks a 7% chance to make the playoffs, ATL 88% based on their remaining schedules. Any combination of Knicks losses and ATL wins = to 3 and ATL is in, seems hopeless for the Knicks to make it.

I thought Woody would be fired regardless of whether he made the playoffs or not but it makes it easier for PJ to go in a different direction than Woody if the boys don't make it. Not thrilled with the idea of Steve Kerr though.

Is Steve Kerr more Jeff Hornacek....Mar Jackson....Frank Vogel or is he more Ty Corbin...Keith Smart....Jacque Vaughn

No matter who we bring in I just want to end the foolish sale of "we're a ream to be reckoned with".... in the here and right now. Let's do this the right way, with a complete rebuild. Let's see this take place once and for all, then allow judgement of processes we've endured over the yrs.

Last edited: