Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Which players to you want to add and which players do you want to come back after

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Which players to you want to add and which players do you want to come back after

    this season?

    For the PG spot I'd love for Rubio to be the starter and Prigioni as the back-up.

    As for power forwards, Love? Aldridge, who's an UFA in 2015? Lee is gonna be an UFA in 2016, so that's too far to wait. I'd love Lee back the most, the Knicks just can't wait that long.

    Also, who do you want as the coach?

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Rubio is one of the worst shooters in league history and would be useless if we were to run the triangle. I like Love but I don't think him and Melo would compliment each other well. I think Marc Gasol would be a good fit. Good defender, good passer, and can work from the post. As far as coaches I would love to make a run at JVG. With his statements about how he feels bad about quitting on the Knicks he might be wiling to come back.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Rubio is one of the worst shooters in league history and would be useless if we were to run the triangle. I like Love but I don't think him and Melo would compliment each other well. I think Marc Gasol would be a good fit. Good defender, good passer, and can work from the post. As far as coaches I would love to make a run at JVG. With his statements about how he feels bad about quitting on the Knicks he might be wiling to come back.
    Gasol would be great.

  4. #4
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Bring in both Gasol brothers, keep Tyler, Amare and Aldrich. Trade Chandler, J.R. and Shumpert for short contract roll players and draft picks. Get rid of Felton, and Murry and fill their spots with a backcourt player(s) that play defense and space the floor.
    Last edited by OriginalKnickGrandson; Apr 02, 2014 at 10:05.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    It's hard to point out who stay's and who goes on this Knicks roster, bc every Knicks player was not properly use to their best talent in Woodson's rotation.
    u can start with superstar captain Carmelo Anthony performance, Melo was used incorrectly the past two season under Woodson coaching.
    Carmelo Anthony 2 seasons of extreme laziness on offense/defense makes Melo a 30 minute playingtime player, not a 42 minute player. The extra 12 minutes given to Melo is the reason the Knicks effortless performance result in a 21-40 poor record.
    In 2011-12 season sports commentators kept mentioning Melo arguing with refferees while the ball was still live and in play.
    The same comments on Melo & refferees was spoken several times in the 2012-13 season, and 2013-14 season.
    When is the headcoach going to pull Melo out the game for this consistent stunt each game???
    u can not keep a player on the court that keeps hanging back from running-back on defense, bc teammates will follow suit.
    Which gave the Knicks an effortless performance throughout the 2013-14 season.

    The Knicks make u think of "The Art of War" u get rid of the head (Dolan/Woody/Melo), and the body dont function.
    When the head is not apart of the solution, then it must be apart of the problem.
    I guess this is why "Phil Jackson" taking the Knicks President of Operation job receive the majority of NBA news in March.

  6. #6
    Member vrgadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brick twnshp, NJ
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It's hard to point out who stay's and who goes on this Knicks roster, bc every Knicks player was not properly use to their best talent in Woodson's rotation.
    u can start with superstar captain Carmelo Anthony performance, Melo was used incorrectly the past two season under Woodson coaching.
    Carmelo Anthony 2 seasons of extreme laziness on offense/defense makes Melo a 30 minute playingtime player, not a 42 minute player. The extra 12 minutes given to Melo is the reason the Knicks effortless performance result in a 21-40 poor record.
    In 2011-12 season sports commentators kept mentioning Melo arguing with refferees while the ball was still live and in play.
    The same comments on Melo & refferees was spoken several times in the 2012-13 season, and 2013-14 season.
    When is the headcoach going to pull Melo out the game for this consistent stunt each game???
    u can not keep a player on the court that keeps hanging back from running-back on defense, bc teammates will follow suit.
    Which gave the Knicks an effortless performance throughout the 2013-14 season.

    The Knicks make u think of "The Art of War" u get rid of the head (Dolan/Woody/Melo), and the body dont function.
    When the head is not apart of the solution, then it must be apart of the problem.
    I guess this is why "Phil Jackson" taking the Knicks President of Operation job receive the majority of NBA news in March.
    are you a ****ing idiot? melo has been our best performer the last few years. fckin hater gtfo

  7. #7
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Runningjump, Rob Low....Whats good homies?

    I wanna keep Amare. Why would we trade him? So we can get a role player that may be healthier but has an extra year or two on their deal? I think it makes the most sense to let Amares deal expire at this point

    I like Chandler but Id ship him out after this year. If we could get Marc Gasol somehow he'd be a great replacement for Chandler at center.

    I actually don't mind our rotation or wing players with Timmy JR, JR Smith and shumpert. Tim's only gonna get better. Shumpert? If the right deal comes along, i think we have to trade him but otherwise even when he doesn't score (which is often) he does make a big impact on our defense.

    The biggest problem with this team is the point guard position. If we can't get anyone too good I'd look into making a move to bring Nate Robinson back here, depending on how he recovers from his injury

  8. #8
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Runningjump, Rob Low....Whats good homies?

    I wanna keep Amare. Why would we trade him? So we can get a role player that may be healthier but has an extra year or two on their deal? I think it makes the most sense to let Amares deal expire at this point

    I like Chandler but Id ship him out after this year. If we could get Marc Gasol somehow he'd be a great replacement for Chandler at center.

    I actually don't mind our rotation or wing players with Timmy JR, JR Smith and shumpert. Tim's only gonna get better. Shumpert? If the right deal comes along, i think we have to trade him but otherwise even when he doesn't score (which is often) he does make a big impact on our defense.

    The biggest problem with this team is the point guard position. If we can't get anyone too good I'd look into making a move to bring Nate Robinson back here, depending on how he recovers from his injury
    Chillin'. What's up with you?

    I agree with almost or everything you said. Amar'e also has proven that he might be far from done. I get why people don't want Rubio, but remember he had an ACL injury not long ago. Imagine Rubio and Amar'e in the pick n' roll? Just imagine a young Prigioni who has plenty of time left to grow in his athletic youth. Forget about his shooting, I doubt he's take a lot of shots, he plays team ball.

    I was actually thinking about Nate. Affordable and steps up in the Playoffs. I actually like how J.R. has been handling himself on the court. He's a lot more team oriented, playing solid, and he doesn't showboat often (having that swagger would be fine if the team had a good record and he was playing as well as he was last season).

    I'd give Shumpert another shot with a good coach and a good starting PG.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2012, 16:29
  2. Players Knock Back A Proposed 50/50 Split Of BRI
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Oct 18, 2011, 12:04
  3. NBA players back to school!
    By Ewing33Swisher in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2011, 08:15
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2007, 22:42
  5. 3 more players
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2003, 09:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •