mason_plumlee.png

amare_stoudemire.png
shaun_livingston.png

raymond_felton.png
deron_williams.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Brooklyn Nets
Andrea Bargnani - Torn Ligament, Left Elbow (OUT)Kevin Garnett - Back spasms (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Post-surgery, right foot (OUT)Andrei Kirilenko - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
Tim Hardaway Jr. Sprained Right Ankle (QUEST)Brook Lopez - Fractured right foot (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
donnie_walsh.jpg

April 2, 2008Knicks name Donnie Walsh, President, Basketball Operations.

Recent meetings

January 20, 2014In the second installment of the 2013-14 ?inter-borough? series, Brooklyn dominated New York from the opening tip as the Nets outscored the Knicks in every quarter as they rolled 103-80 on MLK Day at the Garden. This was New York?s four-straight loss on MLK Day. They are now 18-10 overall and 18-9 at home on MLK Day. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 26 points and 12 rebounds for his 16th double-double of the season. He had 10 double-doubles all of last season. Tyson Chandler posted four points and 10 rebounds over 35 minutes. J.R. Smith added 15 points off the bench. Joe Johnson paced the Nets with 25 points on 8-15 shooting, six rebounds and five assists over 30 minutes. Andray Blatche recorded 19 points and 12 rebounds for a double-double over 27 minutes. Alan Anderson added 15 points.
December 5, 2013New York snapped a nine-game losing streak with a wire-to-wire 113-83 victory over its division rival Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center. Carmelo Anthony led the way with a team high 19 points, 10 rebounds and six assists over 31 minutes for his ninth double-double of the season. Iman Shumpert, in his best game this season, posted 17 points on a career high five three-pointers, six rebounds and two steals over 23 minutes. Andrea Bargnani added 16 points on 7-13 shooting. Brook Lopez paced the Nets with 24 points and nine rebounds over 35 minutes. Joe Johnson added 13 points. New York, behind its best shooting effort of the season (44-77 FG, .571 and 16-27 3PT, .593), took over total control of the game in the third quarter when it outscored Brooklyn 34-16 holding the Nets to 5-18 shooting (.278) to grab a 84-59 lead. With most of the starters watching from the bench during the final quarter, New York cruised to an easy 113-83 victory over the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center.

Kiyaman

Legend
Brooklyn -vs- Manhattan
Both teams need this win to improve their seed

Both teams suppose to be equal ........

tiger0330

Legend
If the boys open up a big lead in the 3rd, Woody should give Melo a blow and save him for the 4th instead of playing him the whole 40.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks ballin' outta control and of course 3G aka one shot aka"torch this team" is nowhere to be found:) 3GdUMe come out come out wherever you are:)

tiger0330

Legend
Like Kiya I'm calling this a W. This ain't Philly since Kidd put in his 2nd team. Credit to a lot of guys. JR is noted for being streaky, we'll need and end of the season hot streak from him to give us a chance.

We need to win the season outright against ATL since they will win all the tie breakers.

tiger0330

Legend
Chi up by 9 with less than 3 mins left. I said they had to be tied in the standings on Apr 2 to have a chance. Looks like that's where we are. Washington is no pushover.

Huge win. This team continues to step up. Technically we have the 8th seed right now by percentage points, but we still need Atlanta to lose 2 more games than us with us having 6 to play and them having 8 to play. Let's go Knicks!

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
we need to win them all, teams gotta step their asses up big time
we could be a huge dark horse in the playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
Huge win. This team continues to step up. Technically we have the 8th seed right now by percentage points, but we still need Atlanta to lose 2 more games than us with us having 6 to play and them having 8 to play. Let's go Knicks!

It's all good even when its BAD ....

There's no HooRays for the Knicks Win lastnite .. a showcasing Iman Shumpert took our 3 point lead to a 22 pt lead by halftime, plus Shump's 3rd qtr. performance held that 20 pt lead to start the 4th qtr..
Shump came out to impress ex-teammate Jason Kidd .. Why?

There's no HooRays about the Knicks making the 8th seed with a 33-43 record (10 games behind .500).
The Knicks becoming a 8th seed team .. on the strength of a .500 Atlanta Hawks team who decided late in midseason to TANK for the 9th to 12th draft pick in June., by losing 7 of their last 8 games to help the embarrassing Knicks get to the 8th seed.
If we had a 2014 draft pick .. the wise shoes would be on our foot ..........
If u were Atlanta Hawks sitting at the 4th to 6th seed all season, and a few injuries put u at the 7th or 8th seed would u tank the season to get the 10th pick in June draft???

It's all good even when its BAD ....

There's no HooRays for the Knicks Win lastnite .. a showcasing Iman Shumpert took our 3 point lead to a 22 pt lead by halftime, plus Shump's 3rd qtr. performance held that 20 pt lead to start the 4th qtr..
Shump came out to impress ex-teammate Jason Kidd .. Why?

There's no HooRays about the Knicks making the 8th seed with a 33-43 record (10 games behind .500).
The Knicks becoming a 8th seed team .. on the strength of a .500 Atlanta Hawks team who decided late in midseason to TANK for the 9th to 12th draft pick in June., by losing 7 of their last 8 games to help the embarrassing Knicks get to the 8th seed.
If we had a 2014 draft pick .. the wise shoes would be on our foot ..........
If u were Atlanta Hawks sitting at the 4th to 6th seed all season, and a few injuries put u at the 7th or 8th seed would u tank the season to get the 10th pick in June draft???

I hear you, but all the more reason it's pathetic for us if we can't beat out a team that more or less is tanking to end the year. A month ago, I had no interest in seeing more of this team, now I'm interested to see them play in the 1st round of the playoffs, even if we lose in a sweep. Let's go Knicks!

Also, for what it's worth, if Atlanta really does decide to be done winning games this year, then we don't need to win any of our last 6 either. Bizarre how it worked out, but we only need to win as many of our 6 games as they win of their last 8 games to get that spot. Yeah, it's not a magical close to the season or anything, but I'm here to watch as much of our team play as possible and in 2 weeks, the only way to still be playing is to make the playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Watching my DVR of the game now(had to work last nite). JVG:"Melo isolated at the elbow with a 3 point shooter in the corner puts great pressure on the defense because Melo can get to the rack with one dribble." ISO-Melo critics need to work on their basketball IQ... Stop hating on what you can't comprehend:)

Kiyaman

Legend
I hear you, but all the more reason it's pathetic for us if we can't beat out a team that more or less is tanking to end the year. A month ago, I had no interest in seeing more of this team, now I'm interested to see them play in the 1st round of the playoffs, even if we lose in a sweep. Let's go Knicks!

Also, for what it's worth, if Atlanta really does decide to be done winning games this year, then we don't need to win any of our last 6 either. Bizarre how it worked out, but we only need to win as many of our 6 games as they win of their last 8 games to get that spot. Yeah, it's not a magical close to the season or anything, but I'm here to watch as much of our team play as possible and in 2 weeks, the only way to still be playing is to make the playoffs.

:agreed: Some of the embarrassing games this season made me call it quits 10 times ....
If we make the playoffs or not I will be watching each game looking for next season KEEPERS